Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 04-15-2019, 12:26 PM   #1897
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Any advice in how to take a team from nowhere to contender? It's something I'd like to try to do after my current season finishes. Right now I'm watching every game without getting involved in daily management tasks, a spectator if you will.

Next season I'm considering getting involved and trying to do exactly what you say
For me, it all starts with the QB. The Giants, for example, need a new one badly. So I start the new CFM by simulating through the 2018 season one week at a time so I can can start manually scouting and upgrading players with the skill points. After getting to the off-season, I'll sign any free agents that make sense (any will work since the Giants literally need someone at every position minus RB). The draft is where its the most fun for me because then obviously I can pick my QB and any other huge glaring needs.

Once the draft is done, I'll adjust the depth charts and make sure my rookies are starting so then can get the most XP points and I'll start watching each game.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:14 PM   #1898
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpersak
For me, it all starts with the QB. The Giants, for example, need a new one badly. So I start the new CFM by simulating through the 2018 season one week at a time so I can can start manually scouting and upgrading players with the skill points. After getting to the off-season, I'll sign any free agents that make sense (any will work since the Giants literally need someone at every position minus RB). The draft is where its the most fun for me because then obviously I can pick my QB and any other huge glaring needs.

Once the draft is done, I'll adjust the depth charts and make sure my rookies are starting so then can get the most XP points and I'll start watching each game.
Poor Eli lol!

Do you have any play books you use, or change anything with the formations or playstyle? Or simply focus on better rated playing personnel?

I've seen advice elsewhere that talked about finding the players with the bigger XP gain modifier. The feeling being that in time, those players would develop into big rated guys. Its a sound theory but I always wondered if it would have the same impact watching the games over playing them.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #1899
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Poor Eli lol!

Do you have any play books you use, or change anything with the formations or playstyle? Or simply focus on better rated playing personnel?

I've seen advice elsewhere that talked about finding the players with the bigger XP gain modifier. The feeling being that in time, those players would develop into big rated guys. Its a sound theory but I always wondered if it would have the same impact watching the games over playing them.
Oh yeah, Eli always is gone for me when I use the Giants lol.

And as far as playbooks go, Tommy has recommended the Ravens playbook in the past to me. It's worked really well. He goes more into depth as to why if you guys want to chat about playbooks. He's extremely knowledgeable on that topic.

I mess with the formation subs to get more running plays to my second and third running backs too. The better XP gain for each player the better. If you can draft guys that are Star or Superstar development that's the best. They gain XP way faster. You can see a QB jump from being a 80 overall to close to 90 in one season if they have superstar development and win rookie of the year.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #1900
MVP

OVR: 6

If you get a scrambler qb, use spread coach scheme and when you get to select teams, choose advanced settings, offensive playbooks, choose the default spread playbook. watch qbs use their legs to win games. been watching different teams with this setup all day. real fun to watch. the generic spread is chip kellyís old Oregon playbook from NCAA football. itís a nice college attack and perfect for scramblers at qb. not too over powered either. been a joy to watch.

But Iím not sure how these playbooks and ideas work if youíre not using these sliders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpersak
Oh yeah, Eli always is gone for me when I use the Giants lol.

And as far as playbooks go, Tommy has recommended the Ravens playbook in the past to me. It's worked really well. He goes more into depth as to why if you guys want to chat about playbooks. He's extremely knowledgeable on that topic.

I mess with the formation subs to get more running plays to my second and third running backs too. The better XP gain for each player the better. If you can draft guys that are Star or Superstar development that's the best. They gain XP way faster. You can see a QB jump from being a 80 overall to close to 90 in one season if they have superstar development and win rookie of the year.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 04-15-2019, 05:53 PM   #1901
All Star

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
You’re the only person who plays that way. Seems like everybody else if focused on one team. This is for those guys.

To reiterate, since it’s buried—turn advance to next week as automatic in cfm league settings. I’m not having to delete profiles and junk this way. Still early, but this s holding up for a while now. Trying different teams to see if they play as consistent whilst doing auto advance.
Not the only one I controll all teams as well. I do in every Sports game, if Not CPU does some crazy things.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2019, 06:05 PM   #1902
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Not the only one I controll all teams as well. I do in every Sports game, if Not CPU does some crazy things.
Agreed...I do the same...otherwise as you said you get the cpu making all kinds of trades and setting lineups wrong, etc...

C
Old 04-15-2019, 06:26 PM   #1903
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
i meant to say watch every game the from the whole season not the 32 team control. if itís set up as auto and you have multiple teams, i donít think it will advance on to the next week. not sure about that.

I just donít think thereís but a handful of people that watch every game in a season. thatís what i was referring to.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 04-15-2019, 10:30 PM   #1904
Rookie

Guys, this really is the best set for CPU vs CPU games to watch. Input the sliders EXACTLY how they are in the OP and they will work beautifully.

I stepped away from madden for a few weeks once the January/February updates came out and Iím so glad Iím back and using Tommyís sliders. It makes the game truly play like Sunday football. Mad props Tommy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »