Home

Old 08-16-2018, 10:13 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Some observations on penalties… Here is what I am seeing:

Offensive Holding & False Starts
- These two penalties have by far been the most that I have seen throughout the game. False Starts might be a little much, but I can’t definitively say that these two penalties happen too frequently, rather just that they occur far more than anything else does.

Offsides
- I’ve seen this a few times but not much.

Defensive Pass Interference
- Think I’ve seen this once in about seven or eight games I have watched. Keep in mind, those seven or eight games have featured different variations of Tommy’s slider sets as they have changed a few times over the last week or so.

Defensive Holding & Roughing the Passer
- I have not seen either of these occur a single time. That is a concern, these don’t seem to be happening at all for me. Anyone else?

Otherwise, if I didn’t mention it I have either not seen it at all or seen it very infrequently. These are definitely headed in the right direction as I do feel like holding is probably the most common penalty, but the diversity of penalties doesn’t quite seem balanced yet.

Hope all of this helps… In my third game right now on all-Madden settings and things look pretty good. Did have five total interceptions my last game, but can’t say for certain if that was just that one game or if interceptions will be high consistently. Passing looks more natural, instead of just every throw being a laser beam. I really like that. Quarterbacks look more natural in the pocket as well, and move around more naturally if they are rolling out or even just adjusting in the pocket.

For what it’s worth I did not turn The bottom ticker off, as well as I did not turn XP updates off during the game. These are things I really like to see… Not sure how much influence they have but thought I should at least point out that those are instructions I did not follow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 10:28 PM   #186
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSteve
Some observations on penalties… Here is what I am seeing:

Offensive Holding & False Starts
- These two penalties have by far been the most that I have seen throughout the game. False Starts might be a little much, but I can’t definitively say that these two penalties happen too frequently, rather just that they occur far more than anything else does.

Offsides
- I’ve seen this a few times but not much.

Defensive Pass Interference
- Think I’ve seen this once in about seven or eight games I have watched. Keep in mind, those seven or eight games have featured different variations of Tommy’s slider sets as they have changed a few times over the last week or so.

Defensive Holding & Roughing the Passer
- I have not seen either of these occur a single time. That is a concern, these don’t seem to be happening at all for me. Anyone else?

Otherwise, if I didn’t mention it I have either not seen it at all or seen it very infrequently. These are definitely headed in the right direction as I do feel like holding is probably the most common penalty, but the diversity of penalties doesn’t quite seem balanced yet.

Hope all of this helps… In my third game right now on all-Madden settings and things look pretty good. Did have five total interceptions my last game, but can’t say for certain if that was just that one game or if interceptions will be high consistently. Passing looks more natural, instead of just every throw being a laser beam. I really like that. Quarterbacks look more natural in the pocket as well, and move around more naturally if they are rolling out or even just adjusting in the pocket.

For what it’s worth I did not turn The bottom ticker off, as well as I did not turn XP updates off during the game. These are things I really like to see… Not sure how much influence they have but thought I should at least point out that those are instructions I did not follow.
I got these turned off because i fear that both of these things effect gameplay.

1. Bottom Ticker: last year that kind of was the script for the game. I’d watch one early game, see the updates on the ticker and the games would have the same kind of results. Like on my classic roster, the bottom ticker had Warrick Dunn with an 18-256 yard game and he almost duplicated that. Score was almost the same too.

2. The whole XP thing is why I strongly suggest to have control of both teams. If you only have control of one team, the CPU may know that’s your team and give you wierd momentum swings, good and bad that don’t feel like real football.

All of this may be different this year, i just dont have time to test.

These weird things i do, i don’t them out of preference.

Only thing i really think is universal is the quarter time you use. I think u can use any variation and get the same kind of results as long as you’re getting the play count. But other than that, i’d Follow this stuff close.

On the penalties, you’re not going to get the variation. They wont call D holding at all. Moving roughing the passer to 51 makes the game screwy. Can’t have that one. Dont see much DPI this year. Had it going last year. Really got to depend on offside/false start/holding/block in the back/face mask or the occasional illegal touching.

Last edited by tommycoa; 08-16-2018 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:46 PM   #187
Rookie

I think blitzes are what’s triggering the excessive false starts. When the defense shows blitz, the offense seems to false start quite often.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:00 PM   #188
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSteve
I think blitzes are what’s triggering the excessive false starts. When the defense shows blitz, the offense seems to false start quite often.
This was a problem last year. Had to go to 45 for false start. Realistically with what they allow on madden, I Want to see 3-4 false starts, 2-4 holds, 3 offsides,2 block in backs. Want 6-13 penalties a game. Dont care what they are. Offsides is the only one on d they’ll call. DPI every blue moon.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:56 PM   #189
MVP

Think i may have something by tomorrow. Want to run at least 2 full test games. Since the completion percentages will be slightly better (aiming for 20-40 incompletions for both teams, with 26 being the number you want to see the most.) with fewer incompletions the 15 min 15 second runoff should give the perfect amount of plays. Now if a teams qb has an off day, and they should and makes the total incompletions rise to 40, them the play count will be longer. But it should even out in the end.

Hoping the next time i post, I have this penciled in way more than before. There may be animation oddities at times, but that’s just RPM being new to EA.

They’ve finally gave us a 2K quality football game again. It’s been 10 years and the first on the new gen consoles that aren’t so new gen anymore. Heck the new xbox is out.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:18 AM   #190
Rookie

I just wanted to share this crazy beastquake-esque run that these sliders generated.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:33 AM   #191
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossme89
I just wanted to share this crazy beastquake-esque run that these sliders generated.

Good stuff.

First test game looks promising.

3 minutes to halftime 14 incompletions between both teams. Eagles lead the falcons 13-0. Ryan cant get it going.

Just subscribed to you on youtube.

Last edited by tommycoa; 08-17-2018 at 01:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 03:42 AM   #192
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Still for testing purposes, almost there. Need a slew of test games to perfect these. These run way better than the other sliders I’ve posted for 19. Not perfect yet. Need tests them in CFM. Preseason won’t give the best results, not sure if Play Now will either. So games like that will be skewed. Sure you can use these for preseason, but they not give sim stats. Just not the best test mode.

Delete your profile.

Here’s a how to:
https://youtu.be/kvMIhj9qUs8

When the intro starts for madden, choose EXPERT and SIM.

DO NOT CHANGE GAMEPLAY SLIDERS IN MAIN MENU. Just make these changes:

Main Menu

Difficulty - all madden
Injuries - 15 anything lower puts the run game into a serious bind. Preexiting injuries OFF helps with injuries from my early tests...prexisting injuries is only available in cfm.
Fatigue - 66
Quarter Length - 15 Minutes
Acc Clock - On (15 Seconds) use 18 seconds if you watch every game in a week.
Game Speed - SLOW ***this is different 8/17
Min Threshold - 0
Ballhawk - Off
Heat seeker - Off
Auto Strafe - Off
Switch Assist - Off
Flip Play - off
HB Moves - Manual
Visual Feedback - Off
Even Teams - Off

Volume control
From playmakers, put on field sounds to 50 and it makes onfield action match the sounds better for more enhancement.

Visual Settings
Play Call Style - enhanced
Play Call Button Layout - default
Previous Play Information - On
On Field Visual Feedback - Off
Drive Goals & XP Feedback - Off
Franchise Bottom Line Ticker - off
Franchise Gameplan Boost Notification - Off
Coaching Tips - Off
Pre-Snap Menu - off
Player Names - off

Camera Toggle - off
Passing Cam - off
Offensive Camera Settings - broadcast
Defensive Camera - broadcast
Enlarge On Field Graphics - Off
Color Blindness - Normal Vision
Brightness - Default
Contrast - Default

Before you start CFM, in the coach selection screen, go to league options and input these:

CFM League Settings

Skill Level - All Madden
Game Speed - SLOW
League Type - COACHES ONLY
Instant Starter - Off (treat this the same as coach firing)
Trade Deadline - On
Trade Type - Enable All
Coach Firing - ON (this is a must, stops cheating and bending for human controlled squad)
Salary Cap - On
Relocation Settings - Normal
Injury - On
Pre Existing Injury - OFF (i think this helps too many injuries, you want 4-8 a game. With a couple causing at least a week of missed time.
Practice Squad Stealing - On
Player Progression Frequency - 4 weeks

Fill Roster - off
Re-Sign Players - off
Progress Players - off
Sign Off-Season Free Agents - off
Tutorial Pop-Ups - off

Soon as the CFM starts, enter these:

Gameplay
QB Accuracy - 7 ****new 8/17
Pass Blocking - 30
WR Catching - 60*****new 8/17
Run Blocking - 85
Fumbles - 20****new 8/17 playmakers pointed out that hesitation glitch doesn’t happen at 20 or less

Pass Defense Reaction Time - 5 ****new 8/17
Interceptions - 1 *******new 8/17
Pass Coverage - 50*******new 8/17
Tackling - 5

Injuries - 15***still testing (Set to 40 when you’re not playing, but, when advancing the week to get better simmed injuries. Still testing this. If 24 is too much make it 20.)
Fatigue - 66
Player Speed Parity Scale - 0

FG Power - 48 (shouldn’t see as many long field goals)
FG Accuracy -50
Punt Power - 50 (don’t move down or you’ll see sky kicks)
Punt Accuracy - 99
Kickoff Power - 55

Penalties
Offside - 60
False Start - 49
Offensive Holding - 70
Defensive Holding - 65******new 8/17
Facemask - 51
Defensive Pass Interference - 99
Illegal Block In The Back - 80
Roughing The Passer - 51******new 8/17

Auto subs:
Several options with Running backs
99/96 for teams like the Steelers that have a stud back.
99/97 gives the number 2 a few more carries
99/98 teams like New England that use lots of backs.

Defensive Tackles 95/93
Defensive ends 95/93
All other auto subs default.

In the past you had to input autosubs for both teams. Not sure if it’s still the same, i feel more comfortable having both coaches usered so i do it for both.

If you don’t want to use autosubs, keep fatigue at 66. Probably wont get the same kind of pass rush and there will be other things you may not see as well, like proper back rotation, teams with depth being better, etc, real football stuff. The “hidden yardage” of the game.

Can’t wait to hear feedback.
Updated OP!!!!!!

Man these looked too good in one game, I had to share.

Proper TFL numbers 6-11 last game had 9
Proper incompletions 26 is the money number, 28 in last game.
126 total plays with 15 min quarters 15 sec runoff
Proper sacks 0-8 last game had 3
7 deflections in last game. That’s money. You want 3-7.

It’s not perfect guys, but this will work for now, hopefully. Very limited testing. False Start glitch didnt happen.

I don’t think there’s a hesitation bug with these. I think it’s part of the new one cut mechanic (haven’t read up on it) but the running backs don’t stop all they way, they’re waiting for a hole to open. I see this shuffle step happen and it usually helps runs more than it hurts. Sometimes when the d is all out on the run, you’ll see the RB do this and it will look kind of glitchy, but it’s not that bad. Slow speed just makes the ball move better. On normal the ball speed was too herky jerky and it didnt let the wrs get a good chance on the ball. I see them lolly pop the ball sometimes, even on out routes.

If you guys like the previous set, you’ll love these. Hold off before starting a serious CFM so i can get more feedback.

Skip week 1 and do some week 2 games and beyond in the first season. At the top of the feedback, tell me what week you played, if you used auto subs or not.

Now that sliders are finished, i’ll Make a chart for what each team’s RB autosubs should be. But look at the formula because there’s no way i can set one in future seasons in cfm.

Last edited by tommycoa; 08-17-2018 at 05:40 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »