Home

Old 04-17-2019, 09:50 PM   #1937
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Scripting most definitely happens. But i see it more in played games than cpu vs cpu. Maybe i just notice it more there. But i dont see it as much. But then again u gotta remember in the nfl it is any given sunday cause talent level so close
Old 04-17-2019, 10:29 PM   #1938
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr141986
Scripting most definitely happens. But i see it more in played games than cpu vs cpu. Maybe i just notice it more there. But i dont see it as much. But then again u gotta remember in the nfl it is any given sunday cause talent level so close
This is THE reason why I drifted from hum/cpu and coach mode. Coach Mode it gets ridiculously bad. Too many instances of one team not being able to do anything wrong. Sometimes itíd go against the user team, sometimes itíd e for the human team. Real streaky. When you take the human element out of the game, it plays way more consistent.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 04-18-2019, 10:59 AM   #1939
MVP

Stayed up all night watching kyler murry and the broncos in the playoffs. Denver ended up losing to Atlanta 29-22 in the Super Bowl. The afc championship against the steelers was something where denver kicked a game-winning field goal as time expired to win 35-34.

The super bowl was played in Miami and it was raining.

This was in online cfm. Looks like the cpu makes slightly better management skills with draft and free agents in online cfm. Havenít did a deep study, teams just seem better put together. Havenít paid attention if thereís more trades.

Guys, with scramblers, definitely use the spread scheme, then switch to Generic Spread playbook in controller select screen. Pretty fun stuff to watch. One of the best playbooks in the game. Along with the generic west coast playbook.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 04-18-2019, 02:15 PM   #1940
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Next game up in my season is the AFC's top team, the Ravens against worst record in football, the Raiders.

6 wins straight versus 6 losses straight. If this is anything other than a Ravens win, the scripting will be obvious!

I think you have to be careful prejudging scripting. I got nothing against a 5-5 team beating a 7-3 or 8-2 team in isolation. Like some have said, on any given day anyone can beat anyone. It's when it's clear that a team on a losing run beats a winning team. Let's say there are 5 or 6 matches that week with a clear favourite in each, all on a winning run. It seems to me that the underdog team will generally win ALL those games. Or the vast majority, certainly later on in the season when streaks and winning/losing teams are firmly established.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:44 PM   #1941
MVP

Not seeing this on the online cfm side. In online, itís a bit harder to find matchups like this since you can only play one game a week. So, I probably havent seen as many instances as youíre seeing. May take a while to gather these types of observations to get a proper read.

Just for clarity, what youíre saying concerns games you play against the cpu and not games that get quick simmed when you advance the week.

Like iíve Said before, lots of funky stuff happens when you press buttons during gameplay and actually try to play the computer. Not much sliders can do with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Next game up in my season is the AFC's top team, the Ravens against worst record in football, the Raiders.

6 wins straight versus 6 losses straight. If this is anything other than a Ravens win, the scripting will be obvious!

I think you have to be careful prejudging scripting. I got nothing against a 5-5 team beating a 7-3 or 8-2 team in isolation. Like some have said, on any given day anyone can beat anyone. It's when it's clear that a team on a losing run beats a winning team. Let's say there are 5 or 6 matches that week with a clear favourite in each, all on a winning run. It seems to me that the underdog team will generally win ALL those games. Or the vast majority, certainly later on in the season when streaks and winning/losing teams are firmly established.

Teams finished:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2019, 03:25 PM   #1942
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Not seeing this on the online cfm side. In online, itís a bit harder to find matchups like this since you can only play one game a week. So, I probably havent seen as many instances as youíre seeing. May take a while to gather these types of observations to get a proper read.

Just for clarity, what youíre saying concerns games you play against the cpu and not games that get quick simmed when you advance the week.

Like iíve Said before, lots of funky stuff happens when you press buttons during gameplay and actually try to play the computer. Not much sliders can do with that.
No sir, like cdcool I'm watching every game each week. I might be in the minority doing it this way, but I'm enjoying seeing what all teams have to offer.

I may very well "coach" a team next season, like we talked about a few days back. Hence why I was asking advice about doing it well.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:52 PM   #1943
MVP

Quote:
No sir, like cdcool I'm watching every game each week. I might be in the minority doing it this way, but I'm enjoying seeing what all teams have to offer.

I may very well "coach" a team next season, like we talked about a few days back. Hence why I was asking advice about doing it well.
If possible, try the online. I hate you cant watch but one team, because Iíd like to at least like to watch playoffs and super bowl for each season. But it seems like they make better management choices and it doesnít seem as scripted online.

For offline, try turning even teams on in main menu when you play one of these buggy matchups.

Not being able to watch any game you want is the only bad thing about online cfm. Everything else is way better. Simming an entire season take 3-5 minutes offline, while online takes maybe a minute. Plus the management with draft and free agents is a little better. Also game seems a little more stable on the field. Not sure why 32 team control isnt an option with online cfm.

Teams finished:
Old 04-18-2019, 08:59 PM   #1944
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Outstanding!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »