Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 04-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #1945
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Myself, i prefer to watch the game of the week or maybe a couple of games in a week. Most time ill follow a team little more after i see them play. I like the variety too. I Dont really follow one team either, but most of the guys on here want to be able to just watch the team they control. These sliders are intended for all types of play, just lately im testing with one team because thatís what the majority of the fans want. Got done with classic roster set and figured iíd Finalize this set since itís so late in release and the patches are slowing down.

I think thatís why this thread has become so popular. Because it tries to help all modes of play styles. Even had some hum/user guys apply this stuff. I think jr is using these sliders pretty much just how they are in op for hum/cpu. Not sure if he had to adjust anything

.If you want to watch every game with these, you can. If you want to follow one team, you can. If you want to do play now, you can. If you want online cfm, it looks good too. Offline as well according to rickpersak. I mean even the highly modified all time roster set works with these sliders in play now and cfm. I donít worry so much about how I enjoy the game, i try to help everybody enjoy the game. It got to a point where cfm wasnít working right after December. I moved on to play now. Good thing too, because i figured out tons of stuff in play now that got the set going again. Main point is you canít be close-minded when you work these sliders, youíve got to test all the different angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
No sir, like cdcool I'm watching every game each week. I might be in the minority doing it this way, but I'm enjoying seeing what all teams have to offer.

I may very well "coach" a team next season, like we talked about a few days back. Hence why I was asking advice about doing it well.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #1946
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, I'm not into drama, I'm a fan and just want to sit down to a game of football and chill.

I've used your sliders as a basis to work from, but I like a full 15min quarter game, so I've had to adjust things slightly to compensate for the longer game time, even if I'm using the rundown clock.

This mainly involved slowing down the offence a little so scores stay realistically achievable as well as yardage gained, both on the ground and thru the air. So what I've got right now is realistic yardage gains and scores, at the slight expense of pass completion percentages. But that's the lesser of 2 evils. The alternative is to have higher completion rates in line with real life, but scores would be thru the roof every game.

I have developed a slight notion which 'may' affect streaks in CFM. I'm starting to wonder if teams struggle more when their captain's are on the injured list. I mean, captain's would usually be among the better players on each team so you'd expect teams to struggle a little without their best players, but it seems to me that when captain's are out, they struggle more. See what you think.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:53 PM   #1947
MVP

You could be on to something. Or there me be injuries and the backups dont fit the coaches scheme. That stuff helps teams on the field.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not into drama, I'm a fan and just want to sit down to a game of football and chill.

I've used your sliders as a basis to work from, but I like a full 15min quarter game, so I've had to adjust things slightly to compensate for the longer game time, even if I'm using the rundown clock.

This mainly involved slowing down the offence a little so scores stay realistically achievable as well as yardage gained, both on the ground and thru the air. So what I've got right now is realistic yardage gains and scores, at the slight expense of pass completion percentages. But that's the lesser of 2 evils. The alternative is to have higher completion rates in line with real life, but scores would be thru the roof every game.

I have developed a slight notion which 'may' affect streaks in CFM. I'm starting to wonder if teams struggle more when their captain's are on the injured list. I mean, captain's would usually be among the better players on each team so you'd expect teams to struggle a little without their best players, but it seems to me that when captain's are out, they struggle more. See what you think.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 04-20-2019, 01:26 AM   #1948
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
If possible, try the online. I hate you cant watch but one team, because Iíd like to at least like to watch playoffs and super bowl for each season. But it seems like they make better management choices and it doesnít seem as scripted online.

For offline, try turning even teams on in main menu when you play one of these buggy matchups.

Not being able to watch any game you want is the only bad thing about online cfm. Everything else is way better. Simming an entire season take 3-5 minutes offline, while online takes maybe a minute. Plus the management with draft and free agents is a little better. Also game seems a little more stable on the field. Not sure why 32 team control isnt an option with online cfm.
There is a work around in an online 32 team cfm. But its very time consuming. U gotta make 32 profiles. Which i dont even kno if u can put 32 on a xbox I might try it but i dunno bout this madden. I like doing 32 team. To see different teams play. And im somewhat of a stat nerd and wanna give everyone the same chance at awards.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:32 AM   #1949
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Myself, i prefer to watch the game of the week or maybe a couple of games in a week. Most time ill follow a team little more after i see them play. I like the variety too. I Dont really follow one team either, but most of the guys on here want to be able to just watch the team they control. These sliders are intended for all types of play, just lately im testing with one team because thatís what the majority of the fans want. Got done with classic roster set and figured iíd Finalize this set since itís so late in release and the patches are slowing down.

I think thatís why this thread has become so popular. Because it tries to help all modes of play styles. Even had some hum/user guys apply this stuff. I think jr is using these sliders pretty much just how they are in op for hum/cpu. Not sure if he had to adjust anything

.If you want to watch every game with these, you can. If you want to follow one team, you can. If you want to do play now, you can. If you want online cfm, it looks good too. Offline as well according to rickpersak. I mean even the highly modified all time roster set works with these sliders in play now and cfm. I donít worry so much about how I enjoy the game, i try to help everybody enjoy the game. It got to a point where cfm wasnít working right after December. I moved on to play now. Good thing too, because i figured out tons of stuff in play now that got the set going again. Main point is you canít be close-minded when you work these sliders, youíve got to test all the different angles.
My online is hum vs hum when i talk I actually play is a different set of sliders that our commisioner did. They pretty good. He does lots of testing. I like to play like ce cool. 32 team control. Thats y it took so long to go to online cfm. But really between online and offline is like night and day. If u turn off the auto advance after the games u can play all 32 teams i think. U just gotta keep on retiring and redoing the user to dofferent teams. There are a couple of work arounds i found. But just gotta see what works best for u. Its like people say different folks dofferent strokes just use them for what is fun to u.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:37 AM   #1950
Rookie

Quote:

Its also usually the captains are one of the best players on the field. But i also have noticed that the coach will call different plays depending on what qb u have in. I saw it in one cfm. I had cam then his backup came in cause he got hurt and for a couple games after the playcall was a little dofferent u wouldnt see as much read options cause the qb wasnt mobile. So ya the tean would struggle too. But its also cause the back up also was bad compared to cam
Old 04-22-2019, 01:05 PM   #1951
MVP

Should have a slight update in the next day or two. Easter’s held me back like holidays always do with anything. Nothing major in the tweaks. Still want to run a few more games.

Teams finished:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2019, 04:31 PM   #1952
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Just a potential observation on scripting. I mentioned a little while ago that deleting your profile and dashboarding so next time you load Madden you have to reselect the user agreement, watch the intro vid and reset your options helped the games flow truer.

Well in the past few days I've taken to going through these steps EVERY game. Yes it's time consuming but in my view it has helped prevent matches "scripting".

I have no imperical evidence to substantiate that claim, only my observations.

But put it this way, I used to fear the underdog team would win every match they were clearly overwhelmed in based on win/loss streaks. Since resetting every game, the Ravens on a 7 game win streak beat the Raiders on a 5 game losing run and then the Falcons, who won their last game but otherwise had lost 4 previous. Plus for the Falcons, it was a must win game if they were to have any chance of making the playoffs. It was tight, tense and a great game to watch and came down to the last play, 7 TD's between them, in the end Ravens win by 39-34. If the CPU was determined to keep the Falcons in the mix against a team that really didn't NEED to win, it would have ensured a Falcons victory.

This is echoed throughout the other matches played since starting what I'll call "Full Reset". In 6 games with clear favourites in, those favourites won 5 of the 6. Those are odds that reflect real form of proper football. Favourites won't always win, but will the majority. The oddity was the Giants beating the Eagles in Philly. Giants though at 3-8 HAD to win to keep their season rolling and they produced a big performance. Eagles at 8-3 have a little leeway, so in terms of the significance of the result, I think it was fair.

As stated, I can't categorically state that Full Reset helped, but I'll continue to do it now. For those like me watching every game, I'd recommend trying it and seeing for yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »