Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 04-24-2019, 11:17 AM   #1953
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Does anyone know why when you choose run heavy offense for a team in play now that they throw the ball twice as much as they run it? It's almost like the computer runs the exact opposite of what you choose the offense to be?
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Old 04-24-2019, 11:39 AM   #1954
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
Does anyone know why when you choose run heavy offense for a team in play now that they throw the ball twice as much as they run it? It's almost like the computer runs the exact opposite of what you choose the offense to be?
Choose jags or baltimore. Only generic books that are good are spread, run and shoot, west coast. The others just donít work right. Like the run heavy, i see the same thing. A lot of it has to do with the scheme the team is set too. Canít change that in play now. Some of these schemes make them attack downfield way too much. Itís best to use the west coast power or wc zone schemes for every team when you get to cfm. If you have power back at starter, use west coast power, if heís elusive, use wc zone. Dont mess with the other schemes.

See, the average pass only travels 5-7 yards from scrimmage. Real nfl has many bubble screens and dump offs that give negative yardage in this stat category. Madden doesnt have as much of thisóspread generic does this screen game best but itís all shotgun. The west coast scheme makes teams attack more like real teams. Baltimore book has enough wr screens and they run it some. Not as much as i want but its something. Seems like Texans book has a few bubble screens too. Eagles book as well.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 04-24-2019, 03:41 PM   #1955
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0

Just got into December, week 13 of my season. The temperature has dropped in the games in the north, haven't touched the Accuracy or Catch sliders and seeing lots more drops and lower completion percentages in Cincinatti and Pittsburgh.

Interestingly, the weather hadn't affected Florida. Tampa's game against Carolina was in bright sunshine and we got 68-75 % pass completion for both Cam and Winston. Monster yardage too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2019, 04:46 PM   #1956
MVP

Weíve been deleting profiles for a while on here. Seems like itís a must with offline cfm, but with online cfm, you donít have to do it after every game. With online, itíd probably be best to delete profile after every 4-5 games or so.

What i hate about the profile deletion is you have to reset the audio and visual settings because the game doesnt save it. Like now, im running offline cfm with all time rosters and i forgot to delete playcall profile. And it jacked up the gameplay. I was too worried about setting those audio and visual sliders. Really dumb and head scratching that it doesnt save all the settings. Especially when weíre forced to delete profile for better gameplay in offline cfm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Just a potential observation on scripting. I mentioned a little while ago that deleting your profile and dashboarding so next time you load Madden you have to reselect the user agreement, watch the intro vid and reset your options helped the games flow truer.

Well in the past few days I've taken to going through these steps EVERY game. Yes it's time consuming but in my view it has helped prevent matches "scripting".

I have no imperical evidence to substantiate that claim, only my observations.

But put it this way, I used to fear the underdog team would win every match they were clearly overwhelmed in based on win/loss streaks. Since resetting every game, the Ravens on a 7 game win streak beat the Raiders on a 5 game losing run and then the Falcons, who won their last game but otherwise had lost 4 previous. Plus for the Falcons, it was a must win game if they were to have any chance of making the playoffs. It was tight, tense and a great game to watch and came down to the last play, 7 TD's between them, in the end Ravens win by 39-34. If the CPU was determined to keep the Falcons in the mix against a team that really didn't NEED to win, it would have ensured a Falcons victory.

This is echoed throughout the other matches played since starting what I'll call "Full Reset". In 6 games with clear favourites in, those favourites won 5 of the 6. Those are odds that reflect real form of proper football. Favourites won't always win, but will the majority. The oddity was the Giants beating the Eagles in Philly. Giants though at 3-8 HAD to win to keep their season rolling and they produced a big performance. Eagles at 8-3 have a little leeway, so in terms of the significance of the result, I think it was fair.

As stated, I can't categorically state that Full Reset helped, but I'll continue to do it now. For those like me watching every game, I'd recommend trying it and seeing for yourself.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 04-25-2019, 11:24 AM   #1957
MVP

Testing some all time cpu vs cpu CFM games. Looking pretty good so far. Just saw the Jets edge the Lions in a 10-7 game where all points were scored in the first quarter. It was a Monday Night Primetime game too. Those are usually shootouts. Maybe that last patch tuned the primetime games and weíll see more slugfests like this. Hereís the stats:

Jets. Lions
10. Score. 7
322. Tot off. 306
31-101. Rushing. 25-66
3.2. Rush avg. 2.7
1. Fumble lost. 0
7. Tfls. 9
221. Passing. 240
19/31 1/1. 16/37 1/3
61. Completion % 43
1. Sacks. 1
1. Int. 3
7. Pass def. 7
12. First downs. 16
30. Punt ret. 28
0. Kr. 88
352. Total yards. 422
2. Turnovers. 3
7-15. 3rd down. 4-13
0-0. 4th. Down. 0-1
4-30. Penalties 11-77
7-44.8 Punts and avg 7-43
1-2. Kicking. 0-1

One INT was by defensive tackle Marty Lyons on a tipped pass that bounced off an o-linemanís helmet.

Rushing
Lions
Barry sanders 20-61

Jets
Matt snell 16-50
Curtis martin 12-57

Receiving
Jets
Rich caster 9-93
Matt snell 5-81 1 td
Shuler 2-43
George Sauer 1-3
Rob moore 1-8
Martin 1-3

Don Maynard injuries early; lions have best secondary on this file.namath had to settle on checkdowns. Snells td pass and catch was a 44 yarder on a wheel route.

Lions
Gail Codgill 6-134 1 td
Charles Johnson 4-51
Barry sanders 2-9
Herman Moore 2-27
Charlie sanders 2-28

Tfls

Jets
Mark Gastineau 2
Larry grantham 2

Lions
Al baker 2
Chris spielman 2

Sacks
Gastineau-1

Lions
Alex Karaís-1

Just 2 sacks in a 10-7 game!!! Never seen anything like it.

Pass deflections
Darrell revis 6

Sent from my iPad

Teams finished:
Old 04-25-2019, 02:58 PM   #1958
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

How fitting that your custom old school style roster in m19 performed like real life games used to! To me it is sum scores similar that are the most entertaining ! Enjoy the draft,in between your games !
Old 04-25-2019, 03:12 PM   #1959
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
How fitting that your custom old school style roster in m19 performed like real life games used to! To me it is sum scores similar that are the most entertaining ! Enjoy the draft,in between your games !
These classic guys, i donít mind watching every game in a season since thereís really not much you can do beyond year 1. Watching every game from a classic roster is like running a multi-year, 1 team CFM.

Teams finished:
Old 04-25-2019, 03:45 PM   #1960
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Just had a slugfest in my CFM. No TD's, a 12-9 win for the Cardinals over the Packers. And I haven't got my sliders any different from the previous game where Andy Dalton put 47 points on Denver in a 47-16 win for the Bengals with 4 passes into the endzone, plus a running TD. I love how the game can throw out completely different match types with exactly the same settings. Not knowing what you're going to get is exactly what I want when I sit down to watch a game.

And for those interested, I'm still resetting every game so there's no "funky" games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »