Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2019, 12:13 AM   #1969
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Getting some real variation in how games play out, without slider adjustments, which is great to watch.

For example, both Rams and Bears QB's were over 68% completion, only Goff got to 300 yards though at 301. Final score Rams 23 Bears 26 with a last minute Bears TD and extra point conversion. They scored 21 points in Q4 to come back and win.

Next game up, Panthers beat Browns 13-3, Cam's completion rate was 51% and below 200 yards at around 150. McCaffrey ran 100. Mayfield was 60% at around 240 yards. Very low yardage and low scoring game, lots of punts but it was in sub zero temps up in Cleveland.

My one observation so far this week though, I stopped deleting the Suggested Playcalls update. I'm finding this helps with game flow. When I was deleting that file, I was seeing a lot of games where the QB's were throwing long regularly, and getting the completions. I had multiple games where the QB had 300 yards passing before half time. I thought it was the sliders acting up, but by not deleting the Playcalls file, it looks like the QB is not as inclined to bomb so often and uses check downs more regularly. Which is keeping the yardage in realistic and reasonable levels.

With the alltime set, game plays a little better if you DON’T delete the playcalling suggestions.

Remember, the rules on this this and deleting profile change from patch to patch.

Only thing im not liking about deleting the playcall suggestions is there’s tons of pass deflections now. And to me, they seem to throw the deep ball way more. But the stats seem more under control. Thanks for testing this. It’s hard for me to do it all alone, when people help with this, we get better results working as a team.

Thanks for the find.

When i was deleting the playcall suggestions, the first 3 weeks played pretty good. Sure, there were some high stat games, but with a legends roster, you’re not as concerned with real nfl stats. But in week 4 it started getting crazy on my end. This switch to not deleting playcall seems to’ve helped.

I’m still deleting the profile in-between each game though.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:43 AM   #1970
Rookie
 
TG The Punisher's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2019
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
With the alltime set, game plays a little better if you DONíT delete the playcalling suggestions.

Remember, the rules on this this and deleting profile change from patch to patch.

Only thing im not liking about deleting the playcall suggestions is thereís tons of pass deflections now. And to me, they seem to throw the deep ball way more. But the stats seem more under control. Thanks for testing this. Itís hard for me to do it all alone, when people help with this, we get better results working as a team.

Thanks for the find.

When i was deleting the playcall suggestions, the first 3 weeks played pretty good. Sure, there were some high stat games, but with a legends roster, youíre not as concerned with real nfl stats. But in week 4 it started getting crazy on my end. This switch to not deleting playcall seems toíve helped.

Iím still deleting the profile in-between each game though.
My pleasure. Even though we're using different slider variants due to the game length, some quirk like this Playcall file thing can potentially affect whoever plays out CPU v CPU games. Like you, I'm deleting profile each game too. I'm backing out of CFM after each game, dashboarding and reloading from scratch. Going through the start up process each game. I have one other peculiarity when I load up CFM too, and this will sound crazy lol.

Once I've reset visual feedback options, loaded up CFM and chosen one of the teams in the next game up (whoever is next on the schedule), I go into my gameplay slider menu and just scroll down to the bottom. Then back out and play game. I can't categorically say this does anything, all I can say is when I haven't done it, I get some crazy games with ridiculous yardage gains and/or scores. I don't have to adjust any sliders, just scroll through.

Thinking about it, I have another couple of quirks. When going through the start up, when I choose what my favourite team is, I ALWAYS choose a team that isn't part of the next game, or Division. And when I choose what skill level to play at, I select Intermediate. Again, I can't say choosing a team that is part of the next game or a higher/lower skill level affects anything for sure. All I can say is, when I do, games feel like they play out inconsistently, and the one thing I strive for is consistency. Not so that each game plays out exactly the same, but so games don't necessarily get out of hand from a "realism" perspective.

In recent games, my slider adjustments are operating in realistic levels for a 15min quarter match, on both ground and air yardage. There's more drops than I'd like, but this is keeping yardage and scoring in appropriate levels. I'm tempted to look at making the QB less accurate, but slightly increasing WR Catch. I'm hoping this leads to more misthrows or blocks rather than outright drops, especially when receivers are wide open and under no pressure, which to me is unrealistic. But the bottom line is yardage gains and scoring in acceptable levels. I'd rather more drops than QB's throwing 400+ yards every game and 50 point scores every match.
TG The Punisher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:15 PM   #1971
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Tommy, how do you watch a game? I play your sliders Hum vs. Cpu and they play great. Now I want to try cpu vs. cpu. How do I make this happen? Can I also pick my team I play with to use with cpu vs. cpu?
giants76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2019, 02:29 PM   #1972
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
My pleasure. Even though we're using different slider variants due to the game length, some quirk like this Playcall file thing can potentially affect whoever plays out CPU v CPU games. Like you, I'm deleting profile each game too. I'm backing out of CFM after each game, dashboarding and reloading from scratch. Going through the start up process each game. I have one other peculiarity when I load up CFM too, and this will sound crazy lol.

Once I've reset visual feedback options, loaded up CFM and chosen one of the teams in the next game up (whoever is next on the schedule), I go into my gameplay slider menu and just scroll down to the bottom. Then back out and play game. I can't categorically say this does anything, all I can say is when I haven't done it, I get some crazy games with ridiculous yardage gains and/or scores. I don't have to adjust any sliders, just scroll through.

Thinking about it, I have another couple of quirks. When going through the start up, when I choose what my favourite team is, I ALWAYS choose a team that isn't part of the next game, or Division. And when I choose what skill level to play at, I select Intermediate. Again, I can't say choosing a team that is part of the next game or a higher/lower skill level affects anything for sure. All I can say is, when I do, games feel like they play out inconsistently, and the one thing I strive for is consistency. Not so that each game plays out exactly the same, but so games don't necessarily get out of hand from a "realism" perspective.

In recent games, my slider adjustments are operating in realistic levels for a 15min quarter match, on both ground and air yardage. There's more drops than I'd like, but this is keeping yardage and scoring in appropriate levels. I'm tempted to look at making the QB less accurate, but slightly increasing WR Catch. I'm hoping this leads to more misthrows or blocks rather than outright drops, especially when receivers are wide open and under no pressure, which to me is unrealistic. But the bottom line is yardage gains and scoring in acceptable levels. I'd rather more drops than QB's throwing 400+ yards every game and 50 point scores every match.

I do the same thing with the favorite team. Even if itís same division, i avoid it. Good to know Iím not alone. One of those things I never mention because people want to bash ideas like that and turn it into a controversy. Some stuff, i just keep to myself. Lol.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 02:31 PM   #1973
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants76
Tommy, how do you watch a game? I play your sliders Hum vs. Cpu and they play great. Now I want to try cpu vs. cpu. How do I make this happen? Can I also pick my team I play with to use with cpu vs. cpu?
When you get into the game, go to the super sim menu. Inside it, set game speed to slow, then choose watch until end of game. Hook your controller up and let it play. It’s best if you don’t skip cut scenes. Even the intro at the beginning. When it gets to the screen where it says choose a play, go to super sim.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 05-04-2019 at 02:36 PM.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:07 AM   #1974
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2012
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Anybody seeing a lot of Fumbles? I'm getting like 3-4 per game.
The_Tempest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:54 AM   #1975
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tempest
Anybody seeing a lot of Fumbles? I'm getting like 3-4 per game.
Iím only seeing 1-2 a game. Maybe 3-4 when it rains.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #1976
Rookie
 
TG The Punisher's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2019
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Lack of activity here lately as I've relocated back to the US from the UK for a little while, so been in transit.

I've tried to increase the ability for receivers to make catches with my slider set to prevent "easy" drops. I couldn't find a right balance though. It seems like there is a very delicate balance on the Catch slider where 1 point too high and they catch pretty much everything and 1 too low and there's lots of drops. Adjusting QB Accuracy to counter the catchability hasn't worked either. This also seemed to affect the penalty sliders, even without adjusting them as very few roughing calls were made or false starts either. QB's just offloaded quicker which gave the pass rush no time to make plays.

Given the fact that I prefer 15 min quarters I've reverted back to my old setup as I'd rather more drops but accurate gameplay than less drops but out of hand yardage and scores.
TG The Punisher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Top -