Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 09:15 AM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Good tests man. I love playing 10 years in the future.

Still working out the kinks on the passing game. It’s almost there. Sooner or later i’ll Peg it in.

That said, the box score looks pretty good on that game. Maybe when i get the pass game tweaked they will carry over to 10 years down the road. Or you may have to consult me to help calibrate them. I hope they work from year to year with no adjustments.

Kinda hate testing with year 1 rosters because the game plays so much better in year 2 and beyond. Last year when i really had it going for this mode, i had to slightly adjust gameplay sliders between year one and 2. That box score sounds promising in that regard because the pass game with the current set is the biggest problem.

Thanks for the feedback man. Anymore tests you do like this, please share because when i finalize this set, im gonna use some custom draft classes and kind of slow sim each season and maybe watch each super bowl so i can keep up with the narrative and players of the league. I hope these carry over. This years game is way more stable than last year.
Well, the plan was to see how the sliders handle things when you don't have teams full of 90+ ovr guys. The interesting thing is, each of the teams still have a dude or two in that range on each side of the ball and those guys seem to really shine. It's kinda like the normal bar for everyone was just lowered by 10-15 ovr points and otherwise things reacted the same.

The completion percentages were the biggest difference in my test compared to the general tests done with day 1 rosters. None of the teams seem to have a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers type QB on their team, so teams are working with career backups at starting positions and the numbers are reflecting that in their completion percentages. I noticed I forgot to include those in there, but, going off of memory, neither team was above 57 or 58% if I remember correctly, so that was a bit rough, but to be expected with two low 80s QBs at the helm. I can imagine a bit of a change to how many pass deflections are produces would help some with the completion percentages, but I was pretty happy with the offensive performances. There were big plays. There we nice stops. There weren't a crazy amount of turnovers. The higher rated players made some plays. And, for the most part, teams ran offenses that made sense. The Giants ran a couple of HB screens which I was regularly seeing not being handled correctly at all by the CPU that were handled perfectly with these sliders. Two ended up for decent gains and one was blown up because of a missed block. But the QB got the ball out correctly on all three of them like he should and that was great to see when you're used to watching the QB just stand there like a statue waiting to be clobbered.

Looking over the changes you made to the sliders, I'm interested to hear your reasoning for changing from normal speed to slow speed. Personally, I feel like the way it plays now is pretty on point to the speed of the game in real life, but maybe I'm wrong on that and you've seen greater play from the game at slow speed.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:57 AM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 2

These newest sliders are playing phenomenal-big thanks to you!
Hey I know you said to follow these very close. Do you think it will screw anything up if we go 32 team control instead of switching each week and retiring the opposing coach?
Old 08-17-2018, 11:02 AM   #195
Banned

ncbravesfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Tom - looking forward to trying these this weekend. Thanks for all of your hard work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 11:04 AM   #196
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

I'm using your sliders, just started CPU vs CPU Franchise controlling all 32 Team. First two games looked great! Injury at 15 now, had it at 40, they were out of control. Nice work!
Old 08-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #197
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgriffi
These newest sliders are playing phenomenal-big thanks to you!
Hey I know you said to follow these very close. Do you think it will screw anything up if we go 32 team control instead of switching each week and retiring the opposing coach?
Yes. That’s the way I do it.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #198
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Do you know if fast Supersimming the games utilize the sliders aslo?
Old 08-17-2018, 01:12 PM   #199
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
Do you know if fast Supersimming the games utilize the sliders aslo?
Haven’t tested that. Not sure at all. My best guess is no, but I’m not a hundred percent on this. I have very little knowledge of supersimming on fast. I think when you fast supersim, it’s pure ratings driven like a text-based game. If you think it has a effect, holler back at me and i’ll Take a closer look.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #200
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Haven’t tested that. Not sure at all. My best guess is no, but I’m not a hundred percent on this. I have very little knowledge of supersimming on fast. I think when you fast supersim, it’s pure ratings driven like a text-based game. If you think it has a effect, holler back at me and i’ll Take a closer look.
Thanks will do! In Madden 08 PC simmed games did not use the sliders. I also haven't found a way to save games that are being watched before the game ends. You have no choice but to watch the entire game or pause it or concede.

Last edited by cdcool; 08-17-2018 at 01:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »