Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #201
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Broncos tied it up at 20 with 1:40 left, raiders drive the ball down and kicked the game winning field goal with 30 seconds left. Denver tried to score but threw a pick with 3 seconds left.

Raiders - Broncos
Score 23 - 20
Total Offense 389 - 326
Rushing Yards 61 - 108
Passing Yards 328 - 218
First Downs 18 - 12
Turnovers 2 - 4
3rd Downs 3/ - 4/
Penalties 6/30 - 4/10

Carr 26/39 377yds 0td 2int
Goff 17/35 234yds 1td 4int

Lynch 10-14yds
Booker 19-90yds

Cooper 8-118yds
Sanders 3-84yds 1td

D. Johnson 9tkl 6solo
Miller 15tkl 13solo

Raiders 2 sacks
Broncos 5 sacks

Pass/Run
Raiders 39/28 19btk 2tfl 10pdef 0ff
Broncos 35/26 21btk 9tfl 8pdef 0ff
155 Total Plays

15 combined punts 49avg 46net 9in20 1tb

Besides the Interceptions being high, everything else looks good, the broken tackles are high but the yards per attempt at the end are fine so I good with them. Another intense game in the book against a decent opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #202
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursive
Broncos tied it up at 20 with 1:40 left, raiders drive the ball down and kicked the game winning field goal with 30 seconds left. Denver tried to score but threw a pick with 3 seconds left.

Raiders - Broncos
Score 23 - 20
Total Offense 389 - 326
Rushing Yards 61 - 108
Passing Yards 328 - 218
First Downs 18 - 12
Turnovers 2 - 4
3rd Downs 3/ - 4/
Penalties 6/30 - 4/10

Carr 26/39 377yds 0td 2int
Goff 17/35 234yds 1td 4int

Lynch 10-14yds
Booker 19-90yds

Cooper 8-118yds
Sanders 3-84yds 1td

D. Johnson 9tkl 6solo
Miller 15tkl 13solo

Raiders 2 sacks
Broncos 5 sacks

Pass/Run
Raiders 39/28 19btk 2tfl 10pdef 0ff
Broncos 35/26 21btk 9tfl 8pdef 0ff
155 Total Plays

15 combined punts 49avg 46net 9in20 1tb

Besides the Interceptions being high, everything else looks good, the broken tackles are high but the yards per attempt at the end are fine so I good with them. Another intense game in the book against a decent opponent.
Gonna leave int for a while and see more games. It’s good to know that these low settings can produce a game like this. I’m seeing 2 a game in three games watched. That’s right where it needs to be. Need a slew of games before making a judgement.

TFLs are borderline high, you want 4-12. I think i know what the sliders do, it’s a matter of honing sliders in 1 point clicks at a time to fine tune. My TFLs have been about 15. I’ll fine tune that, but just want to see more games before i change anything.

Again, not quite CFM ready, but something fun to watch and share game reports.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:36 PM   #203
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
Thanks will do! In Madden 08 PC simmed games did not use the sliders. I also haven't found a way to save games that are being watched before the game ends. You have no choice but to watch the entire game or pause it or concede.
No idea about saving the games. Maybe someone will answer here. I’d also ask in the stickied definitive guide to cpu mode thread on the main board. Neato cheetoh guy may know.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:02 PM   #204
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for all the hard work you are putting in on these sliders.

I’m pretty new to the game first one was last year and I prefer to play cpu vs cpu so games aren’t dependant on my skill or lack of at the game. I’m more interested in seeing as realistic as possible games and stats!

How do you set up to control all 32 teams please?
Old 08-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #205
MVP

Auto Subs Team-by-Team Chart with Detailed explanations

Will add the rest later.

Team’s Individual Running Back Auto Subs chart:

Bears: 99/96
Why? Two good backs. Howard starts and is the power back in specialty sets, Cohen is third down specialty back. This should give Howard 15+ carries and get cohen in on pass situations for splash plays but cohen will rotate in in 3-6 runs (depends on the effort used in the runs) plays and give Howard a rest. Also if you look at autosubs, you’ll see that cohen is already in a lot of the shotgun formations, so you want Howard to get most of the snaps with the under center sets. 71 rated Cunningham is behind him at power back. So he migh see 1-6 carries or even more if they really ground and pound.

Bengals: 99/97 Bernard (84)and Mixon (82) need to be mixed in and out. Mixon is the power back (75) Bernard the 3rd down (84). This should keep their carries even and give them proper spells so they can be a 1-2 punch.

Bills: 99/97
McCoy 90 rating and ivory 80 rating. Pretty deep with cadet (74)and jones (73). McCoy is 3rd down back and ivory the power back. Cadet backs them both up in this. So you should see 3 backs get snaps and carries possible jones may get a couple. Nice depth for the bills.

Broncos: 99/98
They don’t have a go to guy. Here you want them to be a platoon Shaud and with this rating and the way their default specialty subs are set, you should see lots of backs get carries if the broncos get the run game going.

Browns 99/98
Really like these three backs together. Very underrated squad. Chubb’s the back up power back. All three should get good amount of carries if run game is going with this setting.

Bucs 99/98
This is a lesser version of the Browns. And it’s set up to get the same kind of results, except there’s 4 backs you want to see them use hear. 99/98 should get them all some snaps.

Last edited by tommycoa; 08-17-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #206
Rookie

OVR: 3

First off I want to thank you for all your hard work on this.

I started a CFM this morning using the current process and sliders outlined in this thread. The one difference is that I'm not doing 32 team control. I am only controlling the Eagles, and I'm watching all of their games. So if you think that invalidates my findings, that's fine. But since I'm benefiting from your hard work I at least wanted to post my findings so far. Also, I found the total plays to be too high so after two games I changed the Minimum Play Clock time from 15 to 14. The first two games averaged 143 plays. After making that change the next two games averaged 125 plays.

I've finished 4 games of the season, and I checked the league leaders to find areas where the Eagles or a player on the Eagles might appear to be a statistical outlier.

Here are the areas where things seem a little off:

Carson Wentz leads the league in passing attempts by a pretty decent amount.
The Eagles have 21 sacks. 2nd place in the league is at 13.
In the 4 games, there has only been 1 interception total.

Those are the only major outlying stats I've seen.

However, one other issue, and I'd be curious to know if anyone else has experienced this, but a vast majority of drives seem to get stalled and end in field goals. The last game ended 18-3.

There have been a total of 13 touchdowns and 25 field goals. I found an article stating the ratio is about 3:2 touchdowns to field goals. I'm watching the 5th game right now and it's 13-7 Eagles over the Vikings, so that makes it 15 to 27.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:27 PM   #207
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsp120
First off I want to thank you for all your hard work on this.

I started a CFM this morning using the current process and sliders outlined in this thread. The one difference is that I'm not doing 32 team control. I am only controlling the Eagles, and I'm watching all of their games. So if you think that invalidates my findings, that's fine. But since I'm benefiting from your hard work I at least wanted to post my findings so far. Also, I found the total plays to be too high so after two games I changed the Minimum Play Clock time from 15 to 14. The first two games averaged 143 plays. After making that change the next two games averaged 125 plays.

I've finished 4 games of the season, and I checked the league leaders to find areas where the Eagles or a player on the Eagles might appear to be a statistical outlier.

Here are the areas where things seem a little off:

Carson Wentz leads the league in passing attempts by a pretty decent amount.
The Eagles have 21 sacks. 2nd place in the league is at 13.
In the 4 games, there has only been 1 interception total.

Those are the only major outlying stats I've seen.

However, one other issue, and I'd be curious to know if anyone else has experienced this, but a vast majority of drives seem to get stalled and end in field goals. The last game ended 18-3.

There have been a total of 13 touchdowns and 25 field goals. I found an article stating the ratio is about 3:2 touchdowns to field goals. I'm watching the 5th game right now and it's 13-7 Eagles over the Vikings, so that makes it 15 to 27.
Good stuff man. This is the exact kind of stuff i’m looking for. Gonna keep an eye for these trends as well.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:51 PM   #208
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
Thanks will do! In Madden 08 PC simmed games did not use the sliders. I also haven't found a way to save games that are being watched before the game ends. You have no choice but to watch the entire game or pause it or concede.
CD, just quit the game and back out of the franchise. It doesn't concede, and it saves the game. I've used it when losing in the 4th

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »