Home

Old 05-28-2019, 03:29 PM   #2073
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Tommy, do Visual Settings effect gameplay or you can set them as you want?
Old 05-28-2019, 04:14 PM   #2074
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants76
Tommy, do Visual Settings effect gameplay or you can set them as you want?
Not sure about that. I turn them off as a precaution. Also turn the ticker off. Last year it felt like games were more scripted with this on. In that, i mean on the ticker, someone would have a 200 yard running game, and when i’d Play that game, that guy would get 200 yards rushing. This stuff may not exist this year. I just leave it off. With other stuff, i prefer the clean screen and do it as a precaution.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 05-29-2019, 12:08 PM   #2075
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

I'm now into the Playoffs in my season. I wasnt too happy with how some matches played out in the final round of the regular season, in terms of play patterns, not results, so made some modifications to my slider set before the playoffs started.

I'm fairly happy with how these sliders changes are playing out, but I'm curious as to whether its because the sliders are playing better or it's just because it's the playoffs. My adjustments have boosted defences so scores are lower.

So what I'd like to ask, those of you who have gone through the playoffs in your own seasons; did you note whether defences were more effective in the post season or not?

I should add, I'm not entirely unhappy with the way the games playing out currently. With 15min quarters, slowing down the offense has been my primary concern, so games don't get out of whack with unrealistically high scorelines and yardage gains. But I feel defences may be a little too effective and i need to just find a way to boost offense a fraction. I have an idea what I might adjust, but thought It'd be smarter to ask here first, get some know how from people who've done a season or more before and know how they play out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #2076
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
I'm now into the Playoffs in my season. I wasnt too happy with how some matches played out in the final round of the regular season, in terms of play patterns, not results, so made some modifications to my slider set before the playoffs started.

I'm fairly happy with how these sliders changes are playing out, but I'm curious as to whether its because the sliders are playing better or it's just because it's the playoffs. My adjustments have boosted defences so scores are lower.

So what I'd like to ask, those of you who have gone through the playoffs in your own seasons; did you note whether defences were more effective in the post season or not?

I should add, I'm not entirely unhappy with the way the games playing out currently. With 15min quarters, slowing down the offense has been my primary concern, so games don't get out of whack with unrealistically high scorelines and yardage gains. But I feel defences may be a little too effective and i need to just find a way to boost offense a fraction. I have an idea what I might adjust, but thought It'd be smarter to ask here first, get some know how from people who've done a season or more before and know how they play out.
Probably the sliders. The playoff games ive watched, and it’s been a lot, they play more to ratings. Playoffs gameplay is more like play now’s gameplay. Maybe go back to the sliders you used before you made the switch.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 05-29-2019, 01:03 PM   #2077
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Probably the sliders. The playoff games ive watched, and it’s been a lot, they play more to ratings. Playoffs gameplay is more like play now’s gameplay. Maybe go back to the sliders you used before you made the switch.
The biggest adjustment I made was lowering the Min Player Threshold from 50 to 40. My thought process was this was because RB's were finding it too easy to hit 100 - 150 yards. Even "average" RB's. I don't mind if Ezekiel Elliot hits 150 on a regular basis, but not every RB in the league. So slowing down fast players a fraction has helped out the defence and has kept RB yardage down. Consequently it has also helped Cornerback's get at the WR, so pass yardage is down too and this has effected scores. Very few games are seeing more than 2 or 3 TD's total.

As I said, I'm not entirely unhappy with this, in fact I like to see a good defensive contest. A pet peeve of mine is when we get to the 2 minute warning and seeing offences kick into high gear, scoring points for fun. These sliders are giving the D a chance to make plays and keep the offence out. But I'm noticing stats are a fraction low as well as scores. No QB has come close to 300 yards per game in the post season and only 2 RB's broke the 100 yard per game milestone. So just to bring those up a little and rebalance the offense a fraction, I'm thinking of bringing the player threshold up to 45. Just to give those quicker players a chance to make extra yardage. That's my first thought anyway. My 2nd option is to lower Tackling a touch, give them a chance to break another tackle here and there.

I do like seeing broken tackles, especially on the RB's. My theory is this; there are 2 types of RB. Fast or Powerful. The game balances itself towards the fast RB, blowing through holes before defenses are set. This leaves the Power back as less effective. So a Marshawn Lynch or LeGarret Blount are not as worth having. But if you lower the tackle slider, you give them a chance to break tackles. It doesn't hurt the fast RB's game, but it evens out the chance of a Power back having a good game also, instead of being stuffed for negative yards every play.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:54 PM   #2078
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
The biggest adjustment I made was lowering the Min Player Threshold from 50 to 40. My thought process was this was because RB's were finding it too easy to hit 100 - 150 yards. Even "average" RB's. I don't mind if Ezekiel Elliot hits 150 on a regular basis, but not every RB in the league. So slowing down fast players a fraction has helped out the defence and has kept RB yardage down. Consequently it has also helped Cornerback's get at the WR, so pass yardage is down too and this has effected scores. Very few games are seeing more than 2 or 3 TD's total.

As I said, I'm not entirely unhappy with this, in fact I like to see a good defensive contest. A pet peeve of mine is when we get to the 2 minute warning and seeing offences kick into high gear, scoring points for fun. These sliders are giving the D a chance to make plays and keep the offence out. But I'm noticing stats are a fraction low as well as scores. No QB has come close to 300 yards per game in the post season and only 2 RB's broke the 100 yard per game milestone. So just to bring those up a little and rebalance the offense a fraction, I'm thinking of bringing the player threshold up to 45. Just to give those quicker players a chance to make extra yardage. That's my first thought anyway. My 2nd option is to lower Tackling a touch, give them a chance to break another tackle here and there.

I do like seeing broken tackles, especially on the RB's. My theory is this; there are 2 types of RB. Fast or Powerful. The game balances itself towards the fast RB, blowing through holes before defenses are set. This leaves the Power back as less effective. So a Marshawn Lynch or LeGarret Blount are not as worth having. But if you lower the tackle slider, you give them a chance to break tackles. It doesn't hurt the fast RB's game, but it evens out the chance of a Power back having a good game also, instead of being stuffed for negative yards every play.
The speed threshold does help with pass coverage and run game. That’s the only slider ive made huge changes to throughout this release. Wouldn’t advise going under 40. It gets wide open if you do.

Through my testing i found the best range for speed thresh in the 40-70 realm. 40 being loosest setting and things tighten up as you go higher. Mind you, i was using the same sliders, just moving the speed thresh. May not be the same for every slider set.

Remember, earlier in release they had a patch that changed up the speed threshold slider. 40 is like the old 0. 70 is like the old 50. As long as you stay in the 40-70 range you should be fine. 71-99 isnt as bad as 0-39. 71-99 just plays really tight. You have to make other slider adjustments when you use 71+ on threshold.

Hope this helps. Sounds like you’ve got an understanding of what it does. The higher you go, they better they play in the 2 minute drill. A lot of the 2 minute drill problems are playbook problems. Learning more about this now because im fooling with custom playbooks for play now and the 60s teams. 2 minute drills have more of 60 percent chance of not leading to scoring tests. Sometimes im seeing them run the clock out if they’re deep in territory.

Hate mentioning custom books because i don’t trust custom books in CFM. The method you have to use to set custom playbooks for both teams seems to really foul up the game.

Another huge problem with default playbooks—the tight end routes, there’s too many deep routes not enough underneath stuff. It really overpowers the TE. Tried to cut a lot of that stuff too from the classic custom playbooks. This too helped with 2 minute drill effectiveness.

If youve developed sliders that decreases success for 2 minute drill, i might would stick to it. Maybe lower the fumble slider, this helps running backs, too. From my testing fumble slider is money in 30-40 range but keep tackle in the same ballpark so there’s not too many fumbles but i dont personally think fumble slider effects fumbles as much as it does the RBs ability. Higher fumble slider makes them focus way more on ball security. They play more paranoid. Or so they did earlier in release. Haven’t played with fumble slider much, but it doesn’t seem like it’s changed much.

Sliders that have changed the most since release.

WR catch——->this changed back a patch or 2 ago. 49-53 used to be money. Now the range is 40-45

Speed threshold——>previously mentioned.

Also the autosubs work better than they did. In that i mean it’s not messing with run/pass ratios like it did earlier in release. Been using autosubs for classic rosters. Using 65 fatigue i have rbs set for 99/98. They don’t disappear and they shuffle them around nicely. I havent tested this in cfm, may just be a play now thing with autosubs.

Teams finished:
Old 05-29-2019, 06:55 PM   #2079
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey Tommy, are you going to be releasing those old school Playbooks on Madden share?
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Old 05-29-2019, 08:15 PM   #2080
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
The speed threshold does help with pass coverage and run game. That’s the only slider ive made huge changes to throughout this release. Wouldn’t advise going under 40. It gets wide open if you do.

Through my testing i found the best range for speed thresh in the 40-70 realm. 40 being loosest setting and things tighten up as you go higher. Mind you, i was using the same sliders, just moving the speed thresh. May not be the same for every slider set.

Remember, earlier in release they had a patch that changed up the speed threshold slider. 40 is like the old 0. 70 is like the old 50. As long as you stay in the 40-70 range you should be fine. 71-99 isnt as bad as 0-39. 71-99 just plays really tight. You have to make other slider adjustments when you use 71+ on threshold.

Hope this helps. Sounds like you’ve got an understanding of what it does. The higher you go, they better they play in the 2 minute drill. A lot of the 2 minute drill problems are playbook problems. Learning more about this now because im fooling with custom playbooks for play now and the 60s teams. 2 minute drills have more of 60 percent chance of not leading to scoring tests. Sometimes im seeing them run the clock out if they’re deep in territory.

Hate mentioning custom books because i don’t trust custom books in CFM. The method you have to use to set custom playbooks for both teams seems to really foul up the game.

Another huge problem with default playbooks—the tight end routes, there’s too many deep routes not enough underneath stuff. It really overpowers the TE. Tried to cut a lot of that stuff too from the classic custom playbooks. This too helped with 2 minute drill effectiveness.

If youve developed sliders that decreases success for 2 minute drill, i might would stick to it. Maybe lower the fumble slider, this helps running backs, too. From my testing fumble slider is money in 30-40 range but keep tackle in the same ballpark so there’s not too many fumbles but i dont personally think fumble slider effects fumbles as much as it does the RBs ability. Higher fumble slider makes them focus way more on ball security. They play more paranoid. Or so they did earlier in release. Haven’t played with fumble slider much, but it doesn’t seem like it’s changed much.

Sliders that have changed the most since release.

WR catch——->this changed back a patch or 2 ago. 49-53 used to be money. Now the range is 40-45

Speed threshold——>previously mentioned.

Also the autosubs work better than they did. In that i mean it’s not messing with run/pass ratios like it did earlier in release. Been using autosubs for classic rosters. Using 65 fatigue i have rbs set for 99/98. They don’t disappear and they shuffle them around nicely. I havent tested this in cfm, may just be a play now thing with autosubs.
Not sure if I've just got lucky but it seems to me the QB's aren't going deep as regularly and I'm seeing more short yard passing. Which is great, exactly what I prefer to see. I'm only looking for a small, incremental gain in offense performance and I'll be very happy with the game. I may test another game or two just to be sure. Every now and again I'd see a defensive game in the regular season before a shootout.

Onto your point on fatigue. I used to have fatigue higher but I found late in the game, this would help the offense as it seemed to me that the defence didn't have the depth to cope with the better offence once players lower in the depth chart were thrown in. Again, I'm not averse to moving the slider for fatigue up a notch, I just want to be careful about going too far towards the offense. What I'm seeing now is as close to a tightly balanced game as I've had, you know as well as anyone that even the smallest slider change can throw everything off.

You make a great point about play books. I haven't messed with these and seeing how late in the season it is, I wont start now, but getting on this when Madden 20 drops will definitely be of interest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »