Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 04:27 PM   #393
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenamesfuller
Okay gonna try offsides at 60, false start at 47 and roughing the Passer at 51. Put facemask back at 55.
I already see a lot of holding calls at 66 but never on defense. Would raising that on defense to 70 effect anything?

Sent from my Z982 using Operation Sports mobile app
Defensive holding will not be called, but the slider does effect gameplay. When i got the pass game looking decent, i tweaked this to get TEs to stop catching so many passes. Be sure facemask at 45, not 55. I see FM called 2 at 45. It’s one in a blue moon and usually guys that have penalty trait set to undisciplined. Same thing with roughing the passer.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #394
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Defensive holding will not be called, but the slider does effect gameplay. When i got the pass game looking decent, i tweaked this to get TEs to stop catching so many passes.
They still catch a lot of passes on those TE angle plays where the TE runs across the field, almost always open. Especially those receiver TEs.
Did you ever try it at 70? Does it not work?

Old 08-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #395
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenamesfuller
They still catch a lot of passes on those TE angle plays where the TE runs across the field, almost always open. Especially those receiver TEs.
Did you ever try it at 70? Does it not work?

Not seeing the TE catch that much. Not like past maddens. Mostly targeting the wrs or rbs. 65 has always seems like the best number. If i go down, the TE catches everything, if i go up, they don’t catch anything. This is more of a playbook thing than anything because TE are almost in every formation. And the cpu runs a lot of 3 TE sets this year. Last game i watched was falcons/eagles last night and i think ertz had 6-36 and hooper 4-44. Freeman had 5 catches.

A lot of this stuff is game to game like TE targets. These sliders have guided it about as far as it can go. 10 between both TE seems pretty good for Madden standards. If i were to drop anything it’d be pass coverage to 50. Playmakers pointed out that pass coverage slider really is a pass rush slider. Maybe this will make them not have to whip it to TE so much.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 05:29 PM   #396
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Not seeing the TE catch that much. Not like past maddens. Mostly targeting the wrs or rbs. 65 has always seems like the best number. If i go down, the TE catches everything, if i go up, they don’t catch anything. This is more of a playbook thing than anything because TE are almost in every formation. And the cpu runs a lot of 3 TE sets this year. Last game i watched was falcons/eagles last night and i think ertz had 6-36 and hooper 4-44. Freeman had 5 catches.

A lot of this stuff is game to game like TE targets. These sliders have guided it about as far as it can go. 10 between both TE seems pretty good for Madden standards. If i were to drop anything it’d be pass coverage to 50. Playmakers pointed out that pass coverage slider really is a pass rush slider. Maybe this will make them not have to whip it to TE so much.
Alright, I didn't start the testing yet. Stuff came up. I'll be able to test in probably an hour or so. I'll try dropping the pass coverage to 50. But I'll keep D holding at 65. Why fix something that isn't broken lol
Game I'll be doing is Seahawks at Broncos. Should be an interesting match up.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:25 PM   #397
Rookie

Just played my first game with the new sliders played Rams Raiders. Raiders won 17-10 two big plays swing it in favour of the Raiders. Cooper caught a 33 yard pass from Carr, and Lynch busted out on a 49 yard td run. Rams had chances late but two costly false starts down inside the 5 killed them. Seems like that is the case when the team I don’t select gets costly penalties inside the red zone and it pushes them back and they settle for 3 or can’t convert on 4th down. Anyway here is my stats

Raiders 17, Rams 10

Passing
D.Carr 23-33 233 69% completion rating 1 td 1 Int.
J.Goff 31-48 301 64% completion rating 1 td 0 int

Rushing
M.Lynch 22 carries 110 yds 1 td
T.Gurley 15 carries 57 yds

Receiving
R. Woods 8 catches 84 yds
A. Cooper 5 catches 92 yds 1 td

Sacks
Oakland 3
LA Rams 6

Penalties
Oakland 0 0 yds
LA Rams 8 131 yds
Old 08-23-2018, 06:31 PM   #398
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengoal
Just played my first game with the new sliders played Rams Raiders. Raiders won 17-10 two big plays swing it in favour of the Raiders. Cooper caught a 33 yard pass from Carr, and Lynch busted out on a 49 yard td run. Rams had chances late but two costly false starts down inside the 5 killed them. Seems like that is the case when the team I don’t select gets costly penalties inside the red zone and it pushes them back and they settle for 3 or can’t convert on 4th down. Anyway here is my stats

Raiders 17, Rams 10

Passing

Rushing

Receiving

Sacks
Oakland 3
LA Rams 6

Penalties
Oakland 0 0 yds
LA Rams 8 131 yds
How many injuries?
Old 08-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #399
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengoal

Raiders 17, Rams 10

Passing

Rushing

Receiving

Sacks
Oakland 3
LA Rams 6

Penalties
Oakland 0 0 yds
LA Rams 8 131 yds
Yeah penalties are kinda hit and miss right now. Trying to tweak them to get realistic penalties.
Penalties on the away team (cpu) seems to happen a lot more inside the redzone. Idk if it's just cause they want to score and are jumpy or what lol
And that Raider defense is brutal but holding Gurley to under 60 yards is a miracle lol

I started my game now, testing new penalties sliders and pass coverage at 50.
And I'm also seeing a bit more running by mobile QBs. Wilson took off one play, did some nice jukes and got a first down.
Also that pass coverage at 50 may be effecting the run game a bit. Unless they find a whole in the middle, the defense breaks away from their blocks way to easy. Always right there to stuff the runner. It does help the pass game, QBs are forced to get rid of the ball quick. And if they don't the defense is right there to stuff him too.
But I'm gonna run this one to the finish, not gonna do restarts.

Last edited by thenamesfuller; 08-23-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 06:39 PM   #400
MVP

Pass block at 100 gives the most natural line penalties you’ll see and when I get more time, I’ll try to build a set around 100 pass block. But when I do us the 100 Pass Block, I’m going to have to nuke qb acc, wr catch, pass cover, INT, and pass defense reaction. It’ll have to be a whole new set. Just don’t have the time now.

I’m seeing the penalties be one-sided too and since this last patch, it’s got worse. I work at home and used up a lot of extra time working these. It’ll be a month or so before I fool with them anymore. Just want to enjoy it for a month with no slider work. Any side time I have, I’ll probably use helping Playmakers with his 90s roster set or CWsapp and raiders4eva with their Fictional Draft Class Project.

To me, it plays better if the user has control of the away team. This knocks out some of the penalty glitchiness.

Just enjoy these for now. They’re good for as little time as the game’s been out. I’ll be back to tweak in a while. Got some other things I need to finish. I use Madden sliders as a distraction from other career-related projects. Now I want to get back to the short story I was working and just kick back and relax with cpu mode and a six pack of tall boys. Transfer the slider energy to the creative, writing energy.

Another thing, if you see a team sky kick, fast super sim the punts. I can’t fix this without the ability to pick stuff in the coaches schemes. Last year this stuff was wide-open to edit. Also fooled around with SCHEME FIT and gave teams the best fit, seemed like they played worse. I wouldn’t change schemes in season one. I will be changing them in preseason of season 2. Gives them the preseason to get acclimated to the scheme.

Now the only time i might change the scheme fit is if a starting qb or multiple linemen go out, i’d Probably match the scheme fit, even in season 1.

Also, these may play better if you skip year one and dive into season 2. That was the case last year.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »