Home

Old 09-04-2018, 09:06 PM   #625
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
BREAKING:E A to begin game testing in mental institutions beginning with next year's installment ! Eccentric Albatross games developer 'initiating outside the box' approach for feedback on gameplay. Those with borderline personality dis-order are encouraged to participate, while those paranoid schizophrenia subjects should continue seeking Utopia by striving to create the perfect sliders ! So that everyone knows this is just humor I have depression so no intention of hurting anyone's feelings. Tommy I think you may have a best seller ! The key is you making it fiction instead of non-fiction ! Good luck pal !
There are no perfect sliders in Madden period, anyone that thinks so is crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 12:33 AM   #626
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Iím following. After trying my best to keep it coach mode, Iíve realized that the RPM system doesnít seem coach mode friendly...from a rushing perspective. So, itís all cpu vs cpu and I love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

After slipping again, I made the decision on Sunday to go all cpu vs cpu. I mean, I was using suggestions to call plays in coach mode anyway so...it just makes sense. Like tommy said before, you have the added benefit of your QB diagnosing presnap and calling an audible as well.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:37 AM   #627
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
After slipping again, I made the decision on Sunday to go all cpu vs cpu. I mean, I was using suggestions to call plays in coach mode anyway so...it just makes sense. Like tommy said before, you have the added benefit of your QB diagnosing presnap and calling an audible as well.
I think you see a more balanced game on cpu vs cpu mode. Especially this year. I donít feel the game bending for a certain team and what I mean is a scripted game where it feels like the Madden gods decide the game before it starts. Thatís why I left coach Mode in madden 25 and moved to this mode.

Now I wish there was a true coach mode, i still play it on ncaa, not bashing the idea, but cpu vs cpu feels like the game is working at itís maximal potention. Cpu mode is even better on ncaa 14 with the in-game score break-ins. Looks really good and immerses you further into the ďbroadcast.Ē

Maddenís a little better with this this year, but itís nothing like NCAA 14. Best football broadcast stuff by EA ever. Bar none.

True, you didnít get highlights from other games on NCAA 14, but those Reese Davis cut-ins were fun to watch. They do this a little at halftime in Madden this year, but itís better when a game gets interrupted. You know some kind of fireworks just happened somewhere else. Games didnít feel scripted on NCAA Coach Mode either.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-05-2018, 06:13 AM   #628
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

7 drops, 13 Pass Deflections, does this mean anything?
Old 09-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #629
Rookie

Ar4bAce's Arena

OVR: 0

Have you tried testing out some of iMacís roster settings? For example he recommends to turn off high motor and big hitter among other things.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:55 AM   #630
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar4bAce
Have you tried testing out some of iMacís roster settings? For example he recommends to turn off high motor and big hitter among other things.
iMac settings are overrated. Gameís better with default rosters. Tried the iMac roster for xbox. Doesnít work right. Looks like the gameís been neutered, the pass/run ratio playcalling is off, among other things. The high motor thing was my idea and millticket and Trojan manís and raider renís over the past couple of years.

In previous games, roster edits like this were neccesary, but this year the tinkering seems to have too much effect on the game. He shouldnít have turned them off for everybody. Higher rated players should have kept high motor and big hitter because when itís off across the board, the game plays lame. Millticket and Trojan Man did edits like this last year, but the higher rated players kept certain traits.

Sure, those first few plays, imacís Roster is different because youíre playing with a different type roster, but itís kind of a placebo effect. But itís not really placebo, because their are changes, the changes just donít fix everything like they claim it does.

Now iMac rosters may work better with an all default slider set like Joshc and MarketingWiz works on, but with something like cpu vs cpu mode, those rosters arenít worth fooling with because those rosters were made with the default base set and in my opinion the default roster/preseason roster plays worse than the updates and these rosters are created from the opening day file and i think thatís why the cpu playcalling is busted.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #631
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
7 drops, 13 Pass Deflections, does this mean anything?
Those are a tad high. Five too many drops and 3 too many pass deflections. Itís kinda borderline. You canít knee jerk on one game. Look, this past Super Bowl, if it was on Madden, weíd a restarted the game. Sometimes games are filled with statistical anomalies. Like derrick thomas once had a couple of 6-7 sack games. Sometimes stuff just happens.

Itís really best to do control whatever team youíre playing and taking a look at their schemes. The defensive oneís are almost always right. Dont change it the 46 philosophy because youíll probably get too many tackles. This philosophy, according to itís description, keeps 8 men in the box. Now if youíre playing some team that runs the ball really well, you may want to switch to 46 defense in coaching schemes, just for the week of the game against the powerful run team, but change it back to what it was for the next game. But thatíd be the only time iíd Change the defensive coaching scheme.

Offensive schemes, now i see lots of sacks or TFLs if a teamís backs and linemen donítfit The scheme. There may come a point in the season where injuries decimate you, and you may need to change schemes, you know if your team has an 80% fit with a scheme.

Hypothetical example:

(Donít use this for real, just an example, not sure how this scheme would fit the team in real life.)

Say you control the Steelers and Bell gets hurt. Not much behind him. But the Steelers have really good wrs, you may want to switch to the run and shoot scheme, so they pass the ball more.

I think thatís a real life thing, to adjust to the talent you have. Or even like the defensive 46 idea i mention previously, you could change to a pass heavy philopshy if the team sucks at pass d.

Played with these schemes some more and itís okay to tinker with them. Wasnít sure at first. Still playing around with these.

Teams finished:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 12:28 PM   #632
Rookie

OVR: 0

If I set to control all 32 teams and place all but the team I want to control on auto pilot will the other 31 sign free agents and renegotiate players in contract years or will I need to do that for each team myself?

Up until now Iíve just been taking control of the opposition team and then retiring the coach after each game, but Iím thinking I will start a new cfm tonight and will supersim every game on fast mode for the first season then start watching my teams games from the 2nd season onwards and continue super simming the other games.

Iíve lost my patience with the games stats being unrealistic in first season and want to try later seasons as Tommy suggested where the game plays much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »