Home

Slider Testing Stream

This is a discussion on Slider Testing Stream within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Slider Testing Stream

Thought it would be fun to have a thread where you could let people watch when you're testing sliders. Whether you're testing your own sliders, sliders from a guru's thread, or maybe just messing around with different theories. This way we won't clutter up other threads with slider testing. Post here what sliders your using and/or testing, along with your twitch link.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #2
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Slider Testing Stream

Right now I'm testing these 4 things, with every thing else at complete default, and skill level on all pro. I think this game is wonderful out of the box and I try to make as few changes as possible from default. But running game is bad as many people know. Here's what I'm testing. (Getting great results already)

INJURY - 50 (Normally 10)
USER TACKLE - 0
CPU RUN BLOCK - 100
CPU TACKLE - 45

https://www.twitch.tv/tc020791
Old 08-14-2018, 05:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I will have a very interesting one as soon as I do 4 more posts here...
Old 08-14-2018, 06:04 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog00003
I will have a very interesting one as soon as I do 4 more posts here...
Here’s a game changer: The reaction time slider works THE OPPOSITE of how everyone thinks it does! 1 is fast reaction (dbs will actually anticipate the route) and 99 is slow (like they’re a college defender).

I tested this theory on All-Madden in practice mode playing as the 49ers vs. Rams, pass coverage set to 99.
https://youtu.be/IIbeqrCnFDU
Old 08-14-2018, 08:05 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Here’s a game changer: The reaction time slider works THE OPPOSITE of how everyone thinks it does! 1 is fast reaction (dbs will actually anticipate the route) and 99 is slow (like they’re a college defender).

I tested this theory on All-Madden in practice mode playing as the 49ers vs. Rams, pass coverage set to 99.
https://youtu.be/IIbeqrCnFDU
Do you get the same outcome if pass coverage is set to 50?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 02:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Do you get the same outcome if pass coverage is set to 50?
I did more testing this morning, and my theory has been debunked by...Me!

I was trying to eliminate warping/route anticipation by my defenders so I was fiddling with reaction time/coverage/player speed threshold etc.

I let the CPU control Reuben Foster on my defense while I controlled another LB...With pass coverage at 75 and reaction time at 1, Reuben was with the TE but the ball consistently dunked off his helmet like he was oblivious to an incoming pass.

I put it back up to 99 and while the coverage didn't change, he saw the throw and intercepted the pass much more consistently.

So, while it was a fun theory for a minute, the slider isn't backwards!
Old 08-16-2018, 11:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
I did more testing this morning, and my theory has been debunked by...Me!

I was trying to eliminate warping/route anticipation by my defenders so I was fiddling with reaction time/coverage/player speed threshold etc.

I let the CPU control Reuben Foster on my defense while I controlled another LB...With pass coverage at 75 and reaction time at 1, Reuben was with the TE but the ball consistently dunked off his helmet like he was oblivious to an incoming pass.

I put it back up to 99 and while the coverage didn't change, he saw the throw and intercepted the pass much more consistently.

So, while it was a fun theory for a minute, the slider isn't backwards!

Well, I found out what's causing warping/route anticipation/safeties who see the ball with the back of their head and sprint back to break it up.

Thanks to iMac and his work, it's HIGH MOTOR. My youtube example shows Korey Toomer going across the field to cover a TE, anticipate the route and make an INT with reaction time on 1 (where it would normally doink off his helmet). I thought he made this play because 1 was a fast reaction time, but it's actually HIGH MOTOR.

This basically breaks all-madden and makes the CPU cheap. With it turned off (and using iMac's roster and Matt10's sliders), you get great looking games with varied results where adjustments matter.

I personally also love a speed threshold of 10, makes this the most realistic NFL experience in my opinion (QB vs. DT speed, still get long runs for TDs, and actual speed counts rather than relying on algorithms and speeding up slow players).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »