Home

Charter04's Madden NFL 19 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden NFL 19 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-18-2018, 12:23 AM   #209
Rookie

Redskins041's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Charter04's Madden NFL 19 All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
The cpu has had 2 lost fumbles in 3 games against me. I’m just gonna leave it as is since I’m seeing fumbles. I use the strip button a lot so maybe that’s why I’m seeing more. I had another strip or two I think but don’t recover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok ya thats probably it I never try to strip. Should I try the strip coach adjustment or will that lead to too many facemask penalties? And how do you strip the ball again? Also now that ive gotten a hang of the running game im running the ball way too well now and the cpu has been a little too accurate what has been their completion percentages against you? I think we are really close to your final set.

Last edited by Redskins041; 08-18-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:02 AM   #210
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
If I start messing with penalties will it mess up the sliders. I don't know if I believe the whole penalty sliders affect gameplay
If you want to test this, turn off "Running into the kicker" and "Roughing the kicker" Watch how aggressive and fast the defense becomes on kicks and punts.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #211
Rookie

OVR: 1

I normally play CFM with the Giants every year. For testing purposes I decided to play 4 exhibition games against the AFC East. I wish I had kept my statistics.

My passing game was near perfect in every game. Consistently around 60-65% completion percentage at somewhere between 6-8 YPA. The CPU defense is definitely geared towards taking away big plays in zone coverage. Lots of 5 yards completions over the middle and in the flat. Despite this I was still able to make a big play or two (30+ yards) with OBJ each game. Just needed to pick my spots with press coverage and only one safety covering the middle. Very rarely did I see zero help over the top, which is a great improvement from years past.

Overall each game felt very unique but I could tell that my skill level required some tuning by the time I played the Patriots in the 4th game. Below are some areas where I feel the game needs to be more difficult, at least for my Giants roster.

- Running game became WAY too easy. I dropped run blocking to 58 for the last two games and still had over 200 yards with Barkley. The toss play out of the i-form is too deadly. The CPU cannot contain the edge when playing a cover 1 or cover 2. Minimum twenty yards every time when the CPU LB's were bunched together at the line of scrimmage. Thinking of dropping run blocking to 50 and working my way back up. I also started to gain comfort in avoiding tackles through the middle. I always prefer the running game to be super difficult.

- My defense became too effective in pass coverage. The Patriots put up 20 offensive points solely on the strength of Gronk. James White and Burkehead were also solid out of the backfield. Edleman only had 1 catch for 5 yards. I believe the entire receiving core only caught 5 balls. Everything else was to the TE's and Running Backs. Red zone defense was too effective given the mediocre LB's and CB's on the Giants roster. Brady's accuracy was also mediocre.

I think I am going to raise CPU QB Accuracy to 50 and lower my pass coverage to 45. In my opinion the Giants defense should require perfect play calling on defense.

- I also believe the risk/reward in aggressive blitzing is a bit out of whack. I was able to create a lot of -3+ yard runs from blitzing in short yardage situations. On the flip side, I feel like the CPU needs to punish me more when my gamble doesn't work out. Occasionally I gave up a 20+ yard play but I was never worried about the 50+ yard TD play.

Despite these few issues I believe your slider set is an excellent base to work from. I will update with better results after I play with the new adjustments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 12:51 PM   #212
Just started!

Charter,

Been using your most recent sliders with following adjustments and game is feeling pretty good. Highly suggest giving it a try, may need tweaked still.

Game Speed Changed to slow.
Speed Parity adjusted to 45.

For me it helped with throwing to WRs who have a step on coverage (but not easily where it's broken).

Also helped to reduce sacks while still getting pressure to force bad throws (Sacks felt to numerous).
Old 08-18-2018, 04:33 PM   #213
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Made a few slight changes and now I think Iím 99% final. All other changes will have to be user to user. This will be my base

Old 08-18-2018, 07:33 PM   #214
Rookie

Redskins041's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTonD56
I normally play CFM with the Giants every year. For testing purposes I decided to play 4 exhibition games against the AFC East. I wish I had kept my statistics.

My passing game was near perfect in every game. Consistently around 60-65% completion percentage at somewhere between 6-8 YPA. The CPU defense is definitely geared towards taking away big plays in zone coverage. Lots of 5 yards completions over the middle and in the flat. Despite this I was still able to make a big play or two (30+ yards) with OBJ each game. Just needed to pick my spots with press coverage and only one safety covering the middle. Very rarely did I see zero help over the top, which is a great improvement from years past.

Overall each game felt very unique but I could tell that my skill level required some tuning by the time I played the Patriots in the 4th game. Below are some areas where I feel the game needs to be more difficult, at least for my Giants roster.

- Running game became WAY too easy. I dropped run blocking to 58 for the last two games and still had over 200 yards with Barkley. The toss play out of the i-form is too deadly. The CPU cannot contain the edge when playing a cover 1 or cover 2. Minimum twenty yards every time when the CPU LB's were bunched together at the line of scrimmage. Thinking of dropping run blocking to 50 and working my way back up. I also started to gain comfort in avoiding tackles through the middle. I always prefer the running game to be super difficult.

- My defense became too effective in pass coverage. The Patriots put up 20 offensive points solely on the strength of Gronk. James White and Burkehead were also solid out of the backfield. Edleman only had 1 catch for 5 yards. I believe the entire receiving core only caught 5 balls. Everything else was to the TE's and Running Backs. Red zone defense was too effective given the mediocre LB's and CB's on the Giants roster. Brady's accuracy was also mediocre.

I think I am going to raise CPU QB Accuracy to 50 and lower my pass coverage to 45. In my opinion the Giants defense should require perfect play calling on defense.

- I also believe the risk/reward in aggressive blitzing is a bit out of whack. I was able to create a lot of -3+ yard runs from blitzing in short yardage situations. On the flip side, I feel like the CPU needs to punish me more when my gamble doesn't work out. Occasionally I gave up a 20+ yard play but I was never worried about the 50+ yard TD play.

Despite these few issues I believe your slider set is an excellent base to work from. I will update with better results after I play with the new adjustments.
By exhibition do you mean preseason in cfm or play now mode? Because play now mode can play different than cfm so the sliders need to be tested there.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #215
Rookie

Redskins041's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Made a few slight changes and now I think Iím 99% final. All other changes will have to be user to user. This will be my base

So these are good to go to start a serious user vs cpu franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #216
Rookie

Redskins041's Arena

Ok ive only played one quarter with the new sliders and I can tell the user tackling is already a problem so many broken tackles. And fumbling also seems completely different for both sides now. First drive my receiver gets hit fumbles very next play I sack the cpu and they fumble return it for a td then we trade picks and then I fumble and they return it for a td all in one quarter so many turnovers. And running game for user is still way too easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »