Home

Charter04's Madden NFL 19 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden NFL 19 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #17
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Charter04's Madden NFL 19 All Madden Sliders

Wanted to start off by saying I always love your sliders, they're always such an excellence base and a great balance between realism and getting a challenge. Great to see you on here with another great set.

I'm torn between AP and AM this year. The QB play on AP is tremendous, but the run game suffers. I played a test game last night and was very impressed though I did see some things I didn't love.

I played against AJ McCarron and although his completion percentage wasn't crazy at 63%, it was how it got there that didn't feel right. He had 14 incompletions, 2 were interceptions, 10 were pass break ups, and only 2 were missed throws. I would expect a little more inaccuracy from McCarron. He was also slinging the ball all over the field putting it on the money on pretty much on every throw but 2. And the 2 he mis-threw were both due to pressure more than McCarron's attributes themselves. He ended up with something like 410 passing yards which I personally don't believe McCarron or the Bills offense are capable of this year. The CPU run game was a little weak as well. There were a few decent holes but McCoy didn't break many tackles. I believe he ended with 1 broken tackle to go along with 10 carries for 20 yards.

I thought my offense was pretty good. Mahomes ended with 60% passing, 275 yards but 4 picks. It might just be a Mahomes thing (or a ME thing haha) but Ill keep an eye on them. As far as my running went, it felt really good. I had some runs where I had big holes, I had some runs where I got stuffed in the backfield. All in all Hunt ended with 28 carries for 80 yards. The only thing that didn't seem right is that he only broke 1 tackle as well. If he had broken his average amount of tackles from last year, which is 4-5, he probably would've been more like 28 for 105 which would've been perfect IMO.

With all that said I was looking at a few changes if you were seeing similar things. Maybe lowering CPU QB accuracy, as well as lowering tackle for both CPU and USER. Let me know what you think. And like I said before, great job as always. I think I speak for everyone on OS when I say your work over the last countless years is much much appreciated by the community.

Last edited by tc020791; 08-09-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #18
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Charter, I love the sliders, great base set . I really Enjoying it. but I just had to start adjusting things to fit my skill level and whatever I thought needed it.

Iíve played 4 games so far of various matchups.

First change, CPU INT to 38. They pick off everything! The thing with it at 38, theyíll still pick it off if you make a terrible decision, etc, but there are way more swatting animations happening and deflections, which is nice.

Run block for user I moved up to 60. Still having issues. I think tackling is the big issue here. Majority the time, tackles are big giant hits. Iím slowly tweaking tackling downwards on both sides. 45 I saw zero improvement, now Iím trying 42 and seeing. I think once we adjust tackling, run game on both sides will get a lot better.

CPU pass block I tweaked to 40. 45-50 you see these suction blocks and for the life of me I couldnít get to the QB. 40, Iím finding with the right coverage, blitz, etc youíll get good pressure. I also use coach adjustments as well.

Pass coverage for CPU I bumped up to 48. I donít want Guys like Andy Dalton and lower to be in the high 70ís, just doesnít seem right to me. So far with that change it was better.

Right now, the areas Iím looking at, is either adjusting User pass coverage to 52 or 55, or adjusting CPU QB accuracy a little more to get more errant throws.QB %ís arenít terrible, itís just you barely see any miss throws.

Tyrod Taylor completed 64% his against me, Andrew Luck completed 74% and Tom Brady completed 80%. Yes Tom Brady is good, but he still misses some throws.

I think at this point Iím just fine tuning things to my liking. Only real issue is the run game. But besides that, Iím loving it! Thank you for the hard work you put into this!!

Iím so sorry for such a long post! Just trying give you my insights on what Iím changing and thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 08-09-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:00 PM   #19
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Wanted to start off by saying I always love your sliders, they're always such an excellence base and a great balance between realism and getting a challenge. Great to see you on here with another great set.

I'm torn between AP and AM this year. The QB play on AP is tremendous, but the run game suffers. I played a test game last night and was very impressed though I did see some things I didn't love.

I played against AJ McCarron and although his completion percentage wasn't crazy at 63%, it was how it got there that didn't feel right. He had 14 incompletions, 2 were interceptions, 10 were pass break ups, and only 2 were missed throws. I would expect a little more inaccuracy from McCarron. He was also slinging the ball all over the field putting it on the money on pretty much on every throw but 2. And the 2 he mis-threw were both due to pressure more than McCarron's attributes themselves. He ended up with something like 410 passing yards which I personally don't believe McCarron or the Bills offense are capable of this year. The CPU run game was a little weak as well. There were a few decent holes but McCoy didn't break many tackles. I believe he ended with 1 broken tackle to go along with 10 carries for 20 yards.

I thought my offense was pretty good. Mahomes ended with 60% passing, 275 yards but 4 picks. It might just be a Mahomes thing (or a ME thing haha) but Ill keep an eye on them. As far as my running went, it felt really good. I had some runs where I had big holes, I had some runs where I got stuffed in the backfield. All in all Hunt ended with 28 carries for 80 yards. The only thing that didn't seem right is that he only broke 1 tackle as well. If he had broken his average amount of tackles from last year, which is 4-5, he probably would've been more like 28 for 105 which would've been perfect IMO.

With all that said I was looking at a few changes if you were seeing similar things. Maybe lowering CPU QB accuracy, as well as lowering tackle for both CPU and USER. Let me know what you think. And like I said before, great job as always. I think I speak for everyone on OS when I say your work over the last countless years is much much appreciated by the community.

Good feedback. Iím gonna play a few more games but Iíll be looking at that stuff too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2018, 04:03 PM   #20
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Charter, I love the sliders, great base set . I really Enjoying it. but I just had to start adjusting things to fit my skill level and whatever I thought needed it.

Iíve played 4 games so far of various matchups.

First change, CPU INT to 38. They pick off everything! The thing with it at 38, theyíll still pick it off if you make a terrible decision, etc, but there are way more swatting animations happening and deflections, which is nice.

Run block for user I moved up to 60. Still having issues. I think tackling is the big issue here. Majority the time, tackles are big giant hits. Iím slowly tweaking tackling downwards on both sides. 45 I saw zero improvement, now Iím trying 42 and seeing. I think once we adjust tackling, run game on both sides will get a lot better.

CPU pass block I tweaked to 40. 45-50 you see these suction blocks and for the life of me I couldnít get to the QB. 40, Iím finding with the right coverage, blitz, etc youíll get good pressure. I also use coach adjustments as well.

Pass coverage for CPU I bumped up to 48. I donít want Guys like Andy Dalton and lower to be in the high 70ís, just doesnít seem right to me. So far with that change it was better.

Right now, the areas Iím looking at, is either adjusting User pass coverage to 52 or 55, or adjusting CPU QB accuracy a little more to get more errant throws.QB %ís arenít terrible, itís just you barely see any miss throws.

Tyrod Taylor completed 64% his against me, Andrew Luck completed 74% and Tom Brady completed 80%. Yes Tom Brady is good, but he still misses some throws.

I think at this point Iím just fine tuning things to my liking. Only real issue is the run game. But besides that, Iím loving it! Thank you for the hard work you put into this!!

Iím so sorry for such a long post! Just trying give you my insights on what Iím changing and thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Great stuff. Iíve only had a chance to play one full game so seeing this kind of feedback always helps. Looking forward to getting another game in tonight.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #21
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Good feedback. Iím gonna play a few more games but Iíll be looking at that stuff too.

Just got in another game with 3 minor tweaks...

CPU QB ACC - 37
CPU TKL - 44
USER TKL - 44

The game played much better in my opinion but the CPU was maybe just a little too inaccurate at 37. I will try 38 and 39 next. I really liked tackle at 44 for both. I saw 8 broken tackles combined from RB's which seemed spot on and a couple nice runs after the catch by some receivers.

I was playing against the Ravens and I was using the Titans. Here's some stats...

Flacoo - 14/30 - 199 - 46% - 2TD - 1INT
Mariota - 22/38 - 312 - 57% - 1TD - 3INT

Collins - 10 att - 37 - 3.7 ypc
Allen - 6 att - 24 - 4.0 ypc
Lewis - 13 att - 24 - 1.8 ypc
Henry - 9 att - 33 - 3.6 ypc
Mariota - 6 att - 52 -8.6 ypc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #22
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Just got in another game with 3 minor tweaks...

CPU QB ACC - 37

CPU TKL - 44

USER TKL - 44

The game played much better in my opinion but the CPU was maybe just a little too inaccurate at 37. I will try 38 and 39 next. I really liked tackle at 44 for both. I saw 8 broken tackles combined from RB's which seemed spot on and a couple nice runs after the catch by some receivers.

I was playing against the Ravens and I was using the Titans. Here's some stats...

Flacoo - 14/30 - 199 - 46% - 2TD - 1INT

Mariota - 22/38 - 312 - 57% - 1TD - 3INT

Collins - 10 att - 37 - 3.7 ypc

Allen - 6 att - 24 - 4.0 ypc

Lewis - 13 att - 24 - 1.8 ypc

Henry - 9 att - 33 - 3.6 ypc

Mariota - 6 att - 52 -8.6 ypc

Good stuff TC. Iíll actually give 39 a test next then. Iím getting really close to locking in the passing game for both sides. Tackling is next one to hammer out haha.

twitch.tv/mvpeterson2828
Old 08-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #23
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Iím loving that the sliders seem like they really work this year and are super sensitive. Looks like thatís what you guys are seeing too. Itís great. They must have finally fixed them

Old 08-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I’m loving that the sliders seem like they really work this year and are super sensitive. Looks like that’s what you guys are seeing too. It’s great. They must have finally fixed them

Charter you’ve been the man for a while, haven’t seen you this high on Madden in quite a while. I was on the fence, but I’m jumping on over now. EA owes you a commission.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »