Home

iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders

This is a discussion on iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 06:35 AM   #81
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic

I am thinking if iMac gives his blessing, and no one wants to undertake it, I may volunteer. I only want the best to be honest.
Of course, man. It would be great for someone to take on the project so people on XB1 can also benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
You absolutely crushed it with this roster, iMac. I’m blown away by how amazing it plays. Trojan is too. If we get a slider and settings thread going, we’ll be sure to pump this. Nice work dude! Thanks a bunch for doing this!
I've been using my settings in the OP, but I am confident there is definitely a better set up I'm not aware of. It would be good if you could share what tweaks you're making and I could put it in the OP, and credit your findings of course?

Feel free to start a thread that is intended to be used with this roster as well. Would just be good to have the best set-up as accessible as possible for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom
I think the only trait we need to know for certain players is 'Big Hitter'

Besides that, (to my knowledge) everyone has high motor off. RB,WR,TE,FB have Fight for yards, sideline catches, and RAC catches set to yes.

For Linebackers edit play ball in air to conservative

For defensive backs edit play ball in air to balanced.
Yep, spot on. Don't forget 'Covers Ball' trait is set to 'Braces for all hits' for all ball carriers.

Who and how many people have the 'Big Hitter' trait is really your judgement. You can just Google it as well and you will find a number of forums having discussions about who the biggest hitters in the league are. I just took the most common names to pop up.

If you'd prefer, I can go through who has the trait on in my roster, but I won't be able to do so until later, but more than happy to do so if you want the roster to be identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

Regarding QB play, I ran a half as CHI vs. GB, and Rogers was 66% at the half with QBA @ 7. That's pretty typical play for upper-tier QBs on our set. He was plenty, plenty aggressive and was smart in the pocket. That's the number I would recommend.
Sounds awesome. I'll test this tonight vs. Saints. Last time I played them I was 24-7 down at the half and Brees threw 100%. I'll be stoked if the QBA slider doesn't mess anything up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
The other thing to consider is that Madden seems to have some momentum swings built into the game. I'm not talking comeback code, but I'm talking hot/cold quarters and halves. I've seen guys be at 85% in a half and be at 65% by the end of the game. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe it's just luck, but I always find that hyper-explosive quarters or halves in any area are balanced out by the end of the game.
So weird you mention this. In my game vs. Giants last night, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. There is definitely momentum in the game, and after being 10-0 up midway through Q2, I could genuinely feel it shifting. My conclusion is that you really have to stick with a full game for testing purposes, because everything tends to balance out eventually.

Thanks for all the feedback and could either yourself or Ren please keep me up to date with any sets you make, as I'd love to use them if I don't end up locking a set in myself.

Last edited by iMac2307; 08-14-2018 at 06:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I've played lots of full games on AM with the set that has QBA @ 7 and I've yet to see an issue, either with poor QB AI due to lower QBA or with CMP %.

I tend not to use the DL, but I do on occasion. It is true that when you break your block, the CPU knows it and will commence evasive maneuvers. Sometimes this can lead to the QB running toward another rusher or failing to evade his own blockers in the pocket, but this has not been a frequent outcome in my games. In fact, I think the QB pocket movement is a bit better this year than last, despite the fact that the pivot and chuck animation is still in there.

Regarding aggressiveness, the changes to QB AI are quite evident here. The CPU will execute those vertical concepts much better this year than they have in the past, but with a reasonable degree of inaccuracy. The CPU will also throw the ball away. I have not seen the CPU just sit there on a vertical concept and take a sack because the QB was afraid to throw it up.

So I think you'll see excellent pass production by the CPU out of that QBA setting. It used to be that lower values effectively made the QB dumber, but they did something good to QB AI this year and effectively fixed that problem.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #83
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD23
Are you on PC?

I am so hype to start my CFM now. I simply NEED to play a quick game with these edits to see how good it is.

If two of us worked on it (one did AFC one did NFC) it would only be roughly 3 hours of work each.
I am on PC.

I think the guy "Scott" on the forums here is interesting in creating the roster as well.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 08-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #84
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Alright, so I will be making the edits for XB1. Just want to Male sure I have everything so I can start. Just an FYI, it will be around a week for me to complete, maybe a little less if anyone wants to help. I got kids, and a job lol. Here is what I gathered so far, let me know what I need to change:

-high motor off.

-RB,WR,TE,FB- Fight for yards trait on

-sideline catches, and RAC catches set to yes.
-Linebackers edit play ball in air to conconservativ
-defensive backs edit play ball in air to balanced.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 08-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #85
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

Are your edits for the 75 man preseason rosters that came with the game?
NBA: New York Knicks
NCAA: Tennessee Volunteers

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/steelersd26

Follow my NCAA Football 22 Dynasty Here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #86
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
I got kids, and a job lol. Here is what I gathered so far, let me know what I need to change:

-high motor off.

-RB,WR,TE,FB- Fight for yards trait on

-sideline catches, and RAC catches set to yes.
-Linebackers edit play ball in air to conconservativ
-defensive backs edit play ball in air to balanced.
Kids will do that to ya...haha

Yep, all correct. RAC and Sideline catches are only set to yes for offensive ball carriers.

Don't forget to change 'Covers Ball' to 'Braces For All Hits', and you're good to go. And of course, 'Big Hitter' is off for those who aren't universally known for being a big hitter.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:52 AM   #87
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersd26
Are your edits for the 75 man preseason rosters that came with the game?
Edits were made based on the out of the box rosters from the main menu. Not sure if those are different from the 75 man preseason rosters in CFM...?
Old 08-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #88
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac2307

Don't forget to change 'Covers Ball' to 'Braces For All Hits'

All offensive ball carriers or just HB/FB?
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »