Home

iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders

This is a discussion on iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 08-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders

How would this roster work for draft classes/future seasons? Would we have to edit each incoming rookie? Do players regain/develop the big hitter and high motor traits going into next season?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 06:46 PM   #26
Rookie

Where do you turn this off? Or do you have to edit each player
Old 08-12-2018, 12:25 PM   #27
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinThe2KGod
How would this roster work for draft classes/future seasons? Would we have to edit each incoming rookie? Do players regain/develop the big hitter and high motor traits going into next season?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I will be creating draft classes with all the appropriate changes. From what I understand, this year traits are not developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneyteam1212
Where do you turn this off? Or do you have to edit each player
Each player has to be edited individually

https://www.twitch.tv/imac2307
Old 08-12-2018, 01:16 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac2307
I will be creating draft classes with all the appropriate changes. From what I understand, this year traits are not developed.

Each player has to be edited individually

Thanks for the response. Iíll give these a try and I look forward to those draft classes!
Old 08-12-2018, 01:21 PM   #29
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Nice. I'll be dropping Version 2 of the roster later today with big changes to pass coverage.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac2307
Nice. I'll be dropping Version 2 of the roster later today with big changes to pass coverage.
I canít wait!! Please post them soon 😀
Old 08-12-2018, 07:19 PM   #31
Rookie

What does the QB rushing stats look like year in/year out with this setup?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #32
Rookie

iMac2307's Arena

Roster Version 2 now available on PSN.

PSN - iMac2307
Roster - TRAITSV2

Edits for Version 2:

Ball Carrier Edits

Fight For Yards - ON

All RB's, WR's, TE's & FB's have now had Fight For Yards turned on. With this trait on, it produces some really nice animations on a regular basis, ball carriers are wrestled to the ground more regularly as opposed to a hit that instantly floors them, and it's good to see them pick up another 2 or so yards when carrying.

Covers The Ball - Brace For All Hits

This seems to also make for nicer animations, but after a bit of testing, it seems to also discourage the ball carrier dodging from left to right as much when they carry. It makes for more head down running and taking the contact when it's incoming.

Make Sideline Catches - ON

All RB's, WR's, TE's & FB's have now had Makes Sideline Catches turned on. This is really nice to see in games and can be the difference maker to keep drives alive. This doesn't mean FB's are making catches like elite WR's. The players' awareness and catch ratings will determine the success of the sideline catch, but it's nice to see as opposed to a player just running out of bounds as they make the catch. I also firmly believe any player on an NFL roster will practice catching balls near the sideline, so it seems silly that some players have the trait and others don't.

RAC Catches - ON

All RB's, WR's, TE's & FB's have now had RAC Catches turned on. This one perplexed me. Firstly, all RB's had this trait turned off, which really hindered their ability to turn up field when catching the ball out of the backfield. But it would also be turned off for a number of WR's. I don't understand the logic on this. Turning up field when making a catch is just a basic part of the game and it makes the transition between catching and running look really smooth.

Defensive Edits

Linebackers

Play Ball In The Air - Conservative

All LB's have had their Play Ball In The Air trait edited to Conservative. The pass defense on M19 is legit this year. But maybe a bit too legit. I found it pretty infuriating to see LB's making crazy picks across the middle, or warping themselves in to position to bat the ball down. With the trait set to conservative, they interact with the ball and the receiver in a much more realistic way. They don't close in on the space between the ball or receiver as quickly, meaning you can squeeze the ball in to tighter windows or over their heads. They also tend to bat the ball down instead of going for the pick, but, don't be fooled, they will still get up there and snag it, it just has to be something legitimately within their reach.

Defensive Backs

Play Ball In The Air - Balanced

All DB's have had their Play Ball In The Air trait edited to Balanced. The WR & DB interactions are beautiful this year. But sometimes they would still leave me scratching my head because it would seem like the DB would go up and make a pick when it just didn't seem justified. It would also become infuriating when they would constantly jump routes out of nowhere and make a pick, especially on All-Madden. With the trait set at balanced, every interaction seems legitimately justified. It gives receivers a chance to go up and get it, and the DB will now make a judgement on whether they also go up for the pick, or if they will play the receiver and look to bat the ball out. Previously, a huge number of DB's would have the trait set to Aggressive, meaning they are just always on the hunt for the pick, which would override ratings and the way the play worked out. With it at balanced, there are more contests for the ball and you can see when an elite DB is truly covering their assignment and not just winning battles because of a trait.

The 'Play Ball In The Air' traits have really opened up the passing game in a different way. Similar to turning High Motor off, it has given it a sense of calm, especially on All-Madden, which always felt so stressful because you had no idea when the CPU was going to break on the ball or receiver unusually fast. I've been playing on default All-Madden and it's felt the most balanced it's ever been.

Roster 2.5 will be coming soon - 2.5 will make all the above adjustments for players in Free Agency.

I will then move on to Version 3 which will look at QB traits. I will also be exploring the Discipline trait to see if we can begin getting more regular penalties without having to adjust penalty sliders, which has been proven to hugely mess with the way the game plays.

Enjoy!

Last edited by iMac2307; 08-12-2018 at 07:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »