Home

Pass coverage

This is a discussion on Pass coverage within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2019, 06:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pass coverage

How on earth do you get the defense to cover passes in Madden 20?? Pass coverage/reaction time sliders don't seem to have much of an impact at all. Players in coverage turn the wrong way, stop for no reason and just leave guys open. Happens with all schemes, all difficulty levels, all the time. I just can't find a way to get the defense to play decent coverage
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2019, 05:35 PM   #2
Rookie

Pass coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsgamefan
How on earth do you get the defense to cover passes in Madden 20?? Pass coverage/reaction time sliders don't seem to have much of an impact at all. Players in coverage turn the wrong way, stop for no reason and just leave guys open. Happens with all schemes, all difficulty levels, all the time. I just can't find a way to get the defense to play decent coverage

Try higher Interception. Also matt10s set does a good job addressing this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Carl23; 09-02-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:33 PM   #3
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Pass coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsgamefan
It's definitely broke or programmed this way on purpose for who knows why. I think the game is really good for the most part. I jacked Play rec, man coverage, & zone coverage to 99 for my whole secondary just for the heck of it. Made no difference who you have back there. Im all for taking my lumps, but it happens every game at some point like clock work. I call a spade a spade and not one to pile on Madden, but something is wrong here.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 09-03-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:25 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
It's definitely broke or programmed this way on purpose for who knows why. I think the game is really good for the most part. I jacked Play rec, man coverage, & zone coverage to 99 for my whole secondary just for the heck of it. Made no difference who you have back there. Im all for taking my lumps, but it happens every game a some point like clock work. I call a spade a spade and not one to pile on Madden, but something is wrong here.
Just crazy. Receivers are wide open all the time, and while I really appreciate the work people do on the sliders, it just doesn't seem to fix it whatever you do. The games can be close and all, but this kills the game for me. What's the point in playing and building a team when it makes zero difference who you got trying to cover guys?

I just can't understand why they do this? In practice mode you can get them to play the coverage pretty much like should be played, so it's even more frustrating when it can't be done in games.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:17 PM   #5
Rookie

For improving HUM pass coverage try this;

All madden
CPU QB ACC 6
CPU pass block 4
CPU WR CATCH 35
HUM pass reaction 100
HUM Pass coverage 100
HUM INT 69
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »