Home

Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2017, 09:49 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders

June 18, 2018

Hello all... I am back with a MASSIVE update to my slider set for Madden 18. I hadnt touched sliders or messed around with this game much since end of august/beginning of september.

My friends and I got back into NCAA 14 and its what was the driving force behind my write up: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ve-better.html Playing Ncaa 14 I realized, although madden 18 cant give me the franchise mode i long for, it does have the power to give me the gameplay I want. I remember seeing ryan moodys videos on how animation driven Madden is. This got me thinking about old threads I read and people talking about arcade mode and the things they were seeing within that mode. this got my mind spinning, I tried a few different things and recalled JoshC's work and how he has his sliders set up how he does because MM settings impact CFM. so what did I do? I thought out of the box in order to get some truly amazing animations and gameplay. now these might still need small tweaks here and there but other than that...they are ready!

If you would prefer not to read an rather follow along via video...I got you covered. Heres my slider/cfm set up video!!
https://youtu.be/-Wd4mHjcGFE

Lets get started, first...some house rules....

HOUSE RULES:

1. no user catching on offense or defense.

2. dont abuse money plays

3. on offense, use zoom camera with passing Cam OFF. i feel like this creates more of a challenge when passing but feels so much more rewarding.

4. use coach suggestions, strategy, and community suggestions for offensive playcalling as much as you can, this can be from a playbook you create or download or a default 1, that part isnt important. now obviously if you want to run the ball and they only give pass options, go pick a run play, or if you want a screen go do that, but for everything else, use those 3 as much as possible.

Okay, got that out of the way. now lets get started...

1. GO DELETE YOUR PROFILE

2.when it pops up asking your preferred game style, select ARCADE. whoa...wait a second...I thought you were all about sim. dont you worry, we are just manipulating the game to get the amazing animations present from arcade into a sim gamestyle

3. when it pops up asking your preferred difficulty, select All Madden.

4. Next is game options, in the Main Menu, set the following:

Skill Level: Arcade
Quarter Length: 9 Minutes (From JoshC)
Play Clock: On
Accelerated Clock: OFF (From JoshC)
Game Speed: Very Fast
Auto Flip Defensive Play Call: Off
Ball Hawk: ON
Auto Strafe: Off
Heat Seeker: Off
Switch Assist: Off
Coach Mode: Off
Injuries: 10
Fatigue: 50
Player Speed Parity Scale: 50
Ball Carrier Moves: Manual

5. Next, lets head over to to Visual feedback, under the "on field" section, set everything to off with the exception of franchise ticker, player names, and pre snap menu

Turn camera toggle off, passing camera off, offensive camera to zoom. and defensive camera to Standard.

7. we want a good onfield audio experience. so head over to volume control and set the following.

Master volume- 100
in-game commentary- 80
stadium speakers- 70
crowd volume- 100
on field- 80
menu music- 40
menu sfx- 100

7. we only touch 3 penalty settings in the Main menu, head over and make the following changes.

Defensive holding- 99
Facemask- 0
DPI- 99

8. Okay here we are. the sliders for user and cpu. now we only have arcade set for main menu to manipulate the game into giving us its animations while giving us a sim experience in cfm. and since main menu settings effect cfm. we want to make sure nothing but the animations come over. so for that. we are going to zero out both user and cpu sliders within the main menu. (not special teams)

Set for both User and CPU

QB Accuracy: 0
Pass Blocking: 0
Catching: 0
Run Blocking: 0
Fumbles: 0
Pass Reaction: 0
Interceptions: 0
Pass Coverage: 0
Tackling: 0

FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 50

9. You made it this far, if you are still with me on my crazy set up. save everything and head over to franchise.

if you start a new franchise use the default preseason 75 man roster and go the OFFLINE route. if you already have a franchise but didnt use the default preseason 75 man or go offline, you honestly need to start a new 1 to get everything to play right. another find from JoshC and even if you dont believe his reasoning, you will be taking rookies that been boosted all year and then starting them week 1.

in franchise, if you havent followed JoshC and his findings, I will fill you in. Josh discovered that once inside a cfm if you take control of other teams coaches and set each teams offensive scheme to balanced it helps with cpu playcalling. this is also why you need to be offline, you can ony do this if you run an offline CFM. you simply change the coaches scheme to balanced then retire the coach. DONT WORRY the coach will still be there, it just retires the user controlling him. This is a great find by Josh, however...I take it 1 step further. I feel like the cpu playcalling is even better when running generic playbooks. I went ahead and set all cpu teams to the following generic playbooks.

Bears- Run balanced
Bengals- west coast
Bills- run balanced
broncos- run balanced
browns- west coast
bucs- run n gun
cards- balanced
chargers- run n gun
chiefs- west coast
colts- run n gun
cowboys- balanced
dolphins- run n gun
eagles- west coast
falcons- balanced
49ers- run n gun
giants- west coast
jags- run balanced
jets- balanced
lions- run n gun
packers- balanced
panthers- pistol
pats- balanced
raiders- run n gun
rams- west coast
ravens- west coast
redskins- west coast
saints- balanced
seahawks- run n gun
steelers- balanced
texans- run n gun
titans- run balanced
vikings- west coast

I know this seems like a huge daunting task, but really it takes like 20-30 minutes. the other nice thing about this is while controlling the coaches, you can make all the trades that happened, and include the draft picks. I did this and doing everything took about 30 minutes once i went back and did the trades. totally worth it.

10. once you are finished, and you are at your teams screen, head to your coach settings and go to auto subs. here, we are going to borrow the amazing work done by flazko and enter the following.

QB: 49/50 (from Josh C)
RB: 92/94 (updated 2/11/18)
WR: 90/93
FB/TE: 20/25
OL: 60/80

DT: 95/97
DE: 95/97
LB: 92/95
CB: 55/60
S: 40/45

11. lets get us some sim gameplay. now head over to options in your CFM and click league settings. there you will change the following....

Skill Level: PRO
Game Speed: NORMAL
Game Style: SIMULATION

12. here we are...the good stuff. the CFM sliders. go into the slider screen, Press triangle to import from the MM and then set the following.

User/CPU

QB Accuracy: 5/25 (aiming with the left stick and pressure you use pressing the pass button are key to being accurate)
Pass Blocking: 1/48
Catching: 52/54
Run Blocking: 25/80
Fumbles: 50/80
Pass Reaction: 20/1
Interceptions: 40/60
Pass Coverage: 38/95
Tackling: 26/49

FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuracy: 50/50
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Injuries: 25
Fatigue: 65 (updated 1/24/18)
Player Speed Parity Scale: 60

PENALTIES

Offside: 54
False Start: 54
Holding: 80
Defensive Holding: 40
Facemask: 50
DPI: 99
Illegal block in the back: 60
everything else turned ON

13. 1 final step, per Josh and his findings is to head over to your coaches schemes, and change all the positions to "balanced". according to Josh it helps provide more animations. Full disclosure, I had every intention of doing this but completely forgot until now, so the gameplay against the Jaguars does NOT have this set up, future gameplay videos will.

14. there you go!! you are all set! please play, have fun, enjoy, and give feedback. I am looking into bumping fatigue but havent yet. Also if you have any gameplay you record and submit of something you like or find cool, I will add it to the OP!!

thanks guys!!!!

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

Last edited by schnaidt1; 06-18-2018 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 10:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Schnaidt1's Madden 18 CFM Sliders

That looks like a very solid game. Good job man!
Old 08-23-2017, 10:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I watched the first minute and a half and saw linebackers actually covering TE's. Please post your set!!!
Old 08-23-2017, 11:17 PM   #4
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

hey guys!! im broadcasting live!! ill post the link of the game i just played!!

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-24-2017, 12:56 AM   #5
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

https://youtu.be/pFTZyQNkL9g

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by schnaidt1; 08-24-2017 at 01:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 12:58 AM   #6
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

will repost when video is unblocked

Last edited by schnaidt1; 08-24-2017 at 01:37 AM. Reason: delete
Old 08-24-2017, 12:58 AM   #7
Rookie

Jved24's Arena

OVR: 0

Good slider set so far everyone need to test these out ������
Old 08-24-2017, 01:15 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Im happy to test them out man, im in Australia and for some reason can not watch your video.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »