Home

Tommycoa’s and Playmakers Madden 2019 Slider Thread

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s and Playmakers Madden 2019 Slider Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2018, 02:24 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s and Playmakers Madden 2019 Slider Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Latest email from Playmakers with gameplay sliders. These are for Human vs CPU. Putting these in the OP.

I have a test set to start off on pro level that I was only looking to smooth out animations on the field before anything else.

Some of the animations looked really bad out of the box but on SLOW SPEED with Lower Tackle settings you'll start to see more things unleash on the field.

My goal with this initial set is to make sure the big hits are kept to a minimum and the gameplay is organic.

After that point I will start to focus on increasing the difficulty of the sliders which could end up being universal between PRO and ALL PRO as I don't feel the difficulty between the two levels is really that drastic.

There are two things I've done in combination with sliders

1) Set the game option to Equal Teams

2) Lower the the on field sounds to about 50 my reason for this is because it makes the game feel fluid on the field. I challenge anyone to play a single game with the on field sound reduced down and you'll feel the tackles are much more realistic sounding on impact.

I'm using all the initial gameplay setting you sent me for penalties and quarter minutes as I didn't really focus on that stuff yet

So here is my starting point on the sliders with a change to threshold going away from 100 and experimenting with it at 0 now.

QBA-35/65
PASS BLK-35/65
WR CATCH-50/50
RUN BLK-35/65 (This is lower for now but Cpu will likely get bumped back up after I observe a few more things)
FUMBLE-50/50 (I actually like this at 55 for the CPU but as of now I'm keep this slider at default)

PASS REACTION-20/45
INT-35/65 (I'm going to use this slider as the awareness slider on defense and the reaction and coverage sliders more as a means to stop wr mirroring by the DB's)
PASS COVERAGE-25/50
TKL-15/35 (These are placement settings to reduce the garbage wwe stuff EA has at default I would love to get both sides even lower with the final version)

FG POWER-49/49
FGA-38/49
PUNT POWER-44/44
PUNT ACC-74/74
KO POWER-49/49

Using my Penalties:

Offsides. 60
False Start 60
Holding 70
Defensive Holding 99
DPI 99
Block In Back 70
Face Mask 45
Roughing the Passer 50 (qbs scramble like hell if it’s 51)

Again I haven't messed with penalties or subs just been using the settings you sent me. Give these a shot and take feedback from others to determine if we've smoothed out gameplay and the animations a bit more from the default settings.

On Saturday, August 11, 2018, thomas coaker wrote:
Change these in play now or leave those alone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 02:35 PM   #26
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

Wow! Just saw this thread..cant wait to get home and try. Made my day

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2018, 02:40 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by airraid73
Wow! Just saw this thread..cant wait to get home and try. May my day

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Big tip for CFM that I need to put in the OP. After a game is over, go back to the main menu and reload cfm before you play the next game. I do this automatically because it was a money standard operating procedure last year.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #28
Rookie

These are playing really good so far, it’s very smooth and playing true to ratings especially in combination with imac2307 rosters
Old 08-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK2
These are playing really good so far, it’s very smooth and playing true to ratings especially in combination with imac2307 rosters
His sliders always seemed to have tons of approval from the masses. A lot of people doubted the Pro skill level, but he made them believers.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
His sliders always seemed to have tons of approval from the masses. A lot of people doubted the Pro skill level, but he made them believers.
It’s like Armors Pro set on NBA2K

Perfect basketball

Playmakers is a legend
Old 08-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK2
Hi if possible can you please tell me what you’re current setup is ? And have you looked into zero sliders like a previous post is testing some interesting stuff
From Playmakers:

Most NFL games are close because the talent level is closer as opposed to college

Having said that equal teams haven't given any qb' s a bump up in performance or decline in the games I've played with it on.

Ultimately after a month or two on pro or all pro your going to get better at the game and with a lesser team on paper your still either going beat good teams or play them close to the vest because it's still Madden and sliders dictate gameplay more so than ratings in human vs cpu mode

Now if your looking for the best gameplay where ratings matter the most only cpu vs cpu mode will give that to you because there is no human influence involved

Also I forgot to mention for those who can't recall as with all my sliders I still highly recommend the no switch rule on defense because you can't control every thing your other defenders do on the field so I'm that aspect then yes I'm letting the ratings control the other 10 defenders on the field with me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 03:07 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
From Playmakers:

Most NFL games are close because the talent level is closer as opposed to college

Having said that equal teams haven't given any qb' s a bump up in performance or decline in the games I've played with it on.

Ultimately after a month or two on pro or all pro your going to get better at the game and with a lesser team on paper your still either going beat good teams or play them close to the vest because it's still Madden and sliders dictate gameplay more so than ratings in human vs cpu mode

Now if your looking for the best gameplay where ratings matter the most only cpu vs cpu mode will give that to you because there is no human influence involved

Also I forgot to mention for those who can't recall as with all my sliders I still highly recommend the no switch rule on defense because you can't control every thing your other defenders do on the field so I'm that aspect then yes I'm letting the ratings control the other 10 defenders on the field with me.
Same here that’s what I do and ok cool thanks for letting me know. Also do you play with the assists on or off? I’ll turn it on than

Last edited by RJK2; 08-12-2018 at 03:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »