Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim Madden 19 CFM Sliders (CPUvCPU/Coach Mode)

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim Madden 19 CFM Sliders (CPUvCPU/Coach Mode) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #81
Rookie

LightOfHylia's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim Madden 19 CFM Sliders (CPUvCPU/Coach Mode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyofone
I've seen a fair amount of low scoring and low offensive yards....guess defensive battles lately. Seattle managed 8 yards passing and we sacked them a ton. However, I think I started with CFM test with the default roster and not the recommended one. Thru 5 games, Carr has 3 tds and 8 picks... There was a few 300 yard passing games in the first 5 - but not turning into points. Probably the roster.
I'm using iMac's roster, but I'm seeing similar results. Simulated stats are pretty good, but whenever watching games, there are 3 main concerns that I have, and I thought I'd give my feedback. I'm also seeing several 300 yard passing games. At least one of the two quarterbacks is throwing well over 300 yards a game, but in almost every game so far, both quarterbacks are throwing well over 300 yards. However, it's not translating into points, and I've noticed that once teams get into the red zone, the passing game becomes useless. The quarterbacks never try for the end zone, and whenever they do, it's well out of bounds. This results in A LOT of field goals, with each team averaging at least 3 a game. I've had one game where at least one team has recorded less than 3 field goals, and that was the very first game in my CFM. The scores are pretty realistic in the end, but the way the teams are reaching these scores don't seem right. Quarterbacks are averaging over 300 yards, with at most 2 touchdowns. In a year and a half into my CFM, I have never seen a game with a quarterback throwing for more than 2 touchdowns, and I've seen 0 touchdowns more than I'd like.

The other thing is that the run game is way too strong. I have heard that, so far, many people are finding that there's either no run game, or too much of one, but teams are averaging close to 200 yards on the ground every game (both my team and the opposing team). It seems to stem from the linebackers not reacting to the run at all, so every run is either a tackle in the backfield by a lineman or blitzing player, or the back breaks off a 10+ yard run every play. Running seems to be the primary way teams are scoring in games, but really, most of the scoring is caused by huge plays, whether pass or run. Right now, I'd rather my team be at the 40 or 50 than in the red zone.

The last concern in injuries. The simmed injuries are spot on, but in-game injuries are killers. By the end of year 1, which somehow I still made the playoffs, I had 17 of my 22 offensive and defensive starters hurt for extended amounts of time, and halfway through 2019, I have 11 hurt for 4-5 weeks at least. I usually see somewhere between 5-8 injuries, per team, per game, with at least 2-3 (per team) for 6 weeks or more. I generally love the TrueSim sliders, so I just wanted to give some feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2018, 04:40 PM   #82
Rookie

I've been doing a little testing with bumping the pass reaction slider up to 50 (from 45) and the passing numbers have toned down a bit (as well as the running game, oddly) since the patch. As for the QB's in the end zone, I see the same thing but I attribute that to the horrendous game plan logic of the playbooks. When I'm calling the plays it's much better, but when it's cpu I want to pull my hair out. I could be wrong in my assumptions, but running a cpu game with MY playbook was much better, although I had it skewed to the running game a little too much.

The annoying thing is that I think I had finally built a team to handle things as they were, getting the "right" kind of LB's and a couple of decent pass rushers on the end, but it really does feel like things are different since the patch. This is still the best Madden experience I've had in years and I like these sliders. I never do MUT or any of the online crap, so I may just go offline, delete, and reload the game with the old settings and roll with it. It was really going well for me.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #83
Rookie

Well so far the minor adjustment has really only affected MY offense (even when it's CPU) so maybe Madden just hates me and I'll never find true happiness. Ugh.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:57 AM   #84
Rookie

Okay, despite the overly dramatic previous statement about happiness, after a few games it seems to have leveled out a bit. Still doesn't feel quite as good as when I first started with Cycloniac's settings, but it's getting closer. My team just had a couple bad games but have rebounded to form a bit. Last game was a 235 yard passing effort with 2 TD's and a team rushing effort of 187 and another 2 TD's. The opposing QB finished with almost 300 yards but most of those came in the 4th attempting to come back against soft D, so it felt pretty realistic in that regard.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #85
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Final version of the sliders posted. No more tweaking will be done to them. I've gotten the game to play as best I can and I'm pleased, for the most part.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #86
Rookie

armyofone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Final version of the sliders posted. No more tweaking will be done to them. I've gotten the game to play as best I can and I'm pleased, for the most part.
Excellent work!
Old 09-03-2018, 04:16 PM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Excellent work and thank you very much for your efforts, man.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:25 PM   #88
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Perhaps the best set I've seen for CPU vs CPU. Been loving these sliders, and can't wait for week one rosters to start my actual franchise. Thanks for all your work on these

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »