Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim Madden 19 CFM Sliders (CPUvCPU/Coach Mode)

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim Madden 19 CFM Sliders (CPUvCPU/Coach Mode) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim Madden 19 CFM Sliders (CPUvCPU/Coach Mode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr141986
The play the moments is ok. But i prefer full games in slow. Cause i enjoy things from close games to blow outs and i like to see when a qb or pkayer struggles and when they succeed. I watch every game in a 32 team offline franchise. I enjoy it. But i think the play the moments is more for a more casual player or someone that dont have the time to watxh the games and it gives u a redzone feel so i understand. Its just not for everyone.
That was my biggest concern as well. When I draft players, I like to watch them play and see what exactly they need upgrades in. I feel that would be difficult in anything other than slow sim. I'll give it a shot though and see how it goes.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #154
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr141986
The play the moments is ok. But i prefer full games in slow. Cause i enjoy things from close games to blow outs and i like to see when a qb or pkayer struggles and when they succeed. I watch every game in a 32 team offline franchise. I enjoy it. But i think the play the moments is more for a more casual player or someone that dont have the time to watxh the games and it gives u a redzone feel so i understand. Its just not for everyone.
Youíre just asking way too much out of the game engine when watching the whole game. Youíd chase sliders forever. Until December or so, Iím holding out on the full game thing. Thatís what I prefer, too. Just now, itís best to settle for this. May have to wait til next year to watch full games. Theyíll have the RPM honed in better.

I see a wide variety of games on the play the moments, both blowouts and close calls, but I also see low-scoring defensive games that rarely, rarely happen with full games. If low-scoring games do happen with full games, the stats are really bad. Meaning thereís way too many sacks and TFLs. But with play the moments, you get the real stats and the variety of low scores.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #155
Rookie

Ya thats how i played and thats y i said that. Cause thats how i like to play. Started off with my own. And then like stats of simmed games were off and unrealistic. Thats when i started playing all 32 teams and put everything to auto except the teams i control. Which i make 32 owners too. Cause i play the position of gm. So i wanna b able to hire and fire coaches. And when i do i run the team under their pbs and what their schemes is i change it to what theirs are. Tommycoa does have some good points. But i am a very hardcore guy when it comes to stats and liking to watch my cpu games. At first. I thought they threw to tight ends too much. Which it isnt the case. Its best not to mess woth tendacies this year. I do upgrade the teams myself. But u can put it on auto. I also say u first upgrade your coaches scheme to grt them better and after that u do their archaetype. I also auto the practices and scouting. But on the team that u can edit stuff keep it on manual till week three then i upload a draft class and then turn them to auto. Cause i do use real draft class. I do make one created a year. But its putting me and friends in the game. And just take one the worst people and editing how i see fit. I use pretty much real draft classes other than that one or two. And i use the draft class creator as guidelines. I dont make 99 all attribute players. So i do love it and beong able to control almost every aspect. Nba 2k basketball has even more control. But this is a great step in the right direction. Think it will b 2-3 years before madden there but it was huge improvements especially for the cpu vs cpu players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2018, 10:12 PM   #156
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Update:
-increased roughing the passer from 53 to 55

I think this is the highest this slider needs to be. Haven't noticed an uptick in these penalties and QBs are more aware of pressure in the pocket with this bump. Like seeing more hurries and throw aways. If a defender gets a good jump, sacks will still happen. Just better balance in general.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:55 PM   #157
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Actually you normal speed it it through Play the Key Moments and then change it to slow for the plays you watch. Game plays way better if you donít try to play the whole thing. Plays way more consistent with the more accurate boxscores and stats and gameplay.

Asking the game engine to play 120 snaps a game is asking too much. If you look at the default clock setting when you start the game, youíll see that itís 6 minute quarters with 20 second runoff. With that default setup, youíll probably see 40 plays a game.

Yes, you could go 6 minute with 20 runoff, but you wonít get the right amount of total plays per game, but with Play the Key Moments you will get 120-130 plays like it should be.

Just feels like the play the key moments better calibrates the game and the 30-40 snaps of live action we actually see looks way better compared to watching the whole game.

I feared this setup to begin with because i figured play the moments would make the games feel too scripted, but itís just the opposite. Canít speak highly enough about play the moments. Not to mention, you can do 4-6 games in the time it takes to watch a full game.

Like the J Rock song in the game, ďItís a win, win, win, win!Ē
So wait, what are you doing exactly?

Are you super-simming at normal speed in play the moments, and switching to slow speed when the moment occurs?

Old 10-11-2018, 03:44 AM   #158
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
So wait, what are you doing exactly?

Are you super-simming at normal speed in play the moments, and switching to slow speed when the moment occurs?
Yep. Way better results across the board with this method.

My theory is that the game engine is designed for us to play/watch 40 plays a game. Thatís what this gives.

Why 40 plays?

Upon initial setup, the default clock settings are 6 minute quarters with 20 second runoff. Thatís probably 30-40 plays.

Weíre expecting the sliders to do way to much when itís really tough to get consistency with 120 plays a game. 40 is a 1/3 of 120. So, itís a big enough window that you see the gist of the game. Plus, it seems like the gameís overall ebb and flow work way better and seems to get calibrated with the Play the Key Moments. Also, you can get in 4-6 play the moment games in the time you can watch 1 full game.

Another thing, since the last patch, qbs are audibling again if the runoff is at 20 and this playing the moments insures there wonít be too many plays.

Iíve been doing this for a month now. Made 4 small tweaks after the latest patch, but other than that, Iíve been actually playing the game, not twiddling with sliders.

Now, maybe by December or so we the patches will allow for sliders to watch full games, but for now, Iím getting way more bang for my buck with playing the moments.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-11-2018, 06:21 AM   #159
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Just saw an article about big patch ea is planning on dropping before black friday
Old 10-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #160
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Yep. Way better results across the board with this method.

My theory is that the game engine is designed for us to play/watch 40 plays a game. Thatís what this gives.

Why 40 plays?

Upon initial setup, the default clock settings are 6 minute quarters with 20 second runoff. Thatís probably 30-40 plays.

Weíre expecting the sliders to do way to much when itís really tough to get consistency with 120 plays a game. 40 is a 1/3 of 120. So, itís a big enough window that you see the gist of the game. Plus, it seems like the gameís overall ebb and flow work way better and seems to get calibrated with the Play the Key Moments. Also, you can get in 4-6 play the moment games in the time you can watch 1 full game.

Another thing, since the last patch, qbs are audibling again if the runoff is at 20 and this playing the moments insures there wonít be too many plays.

Iíve been doing this for a month now. Made 4 small tweaks after the latest patch, but other than that, Iíve been actually playing the game, not twiddling with sliders.

Now, maybe by December or so we the patches will allow for sliders to watch full games, but for now, Iím getting way more bang for my buck with playing the moments.
I don't necesserily agree that playing full games is as much of a mess as you've previously indicated.

I've had a few very good games lately. Just got a 22-12 win against the Vikings in a late season matchup, very defensive game. Updated my defensive playbook, tweaked the playcall frequency and loved the results. Had a 30-25 win the previous week against the Patriots. Very different games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »