Home

RFF's M19 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M19 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
RFF's M19 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

So much good work is being done on these forums with slider sets from Charter, Flazko, and all the others who put a lot of time into making solo franchise play a much more realistic experience. But for those of us in 32-man online leagues, quite frankly the game plays a LOT differently, and these sets do not lead to optimal gameplay.

Over the past 2 years, I have received feedback from many players & leagues that my sliders were the most realistic set they'd ever experienced for User v User games. There were several leagues here on OpSports & around the community running this slider set or basing theirs heavily on it.

The Methodology:

Dating back to M15, I've been measuring our league's User v User game stats & benchmarking against the NFL using per-play success metrics (e.g. Pts per Play, Yds per Attempt, Net Pass Yds per Drop-back, Air Yds per Pass Att, Sack & INT rates, many more) as well as NFL weekly medians (to understand volatility) to balance our sliders.

This means hard data from 32 humans across hundreds of games are what dictate my slider adjustments, NOT the subjective judgment by the slider creator on how they think they should be performing.

Spoiler

In short, this will be the slider set for online leagues who want their gameplay to be as realistic as Madden will allow.

What the passing game on these sliders looks like, in a few cool screenshots capturing animations you'll see more of:
Will update for M19 soon... but here's a few shots of M18 in the meantime:
Spoiler

How this set is benchmarking statistically vs the NFL in our league:
Spoiler

2023 SEASON

Updated: Mar 26

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 03-30-2019 at 05:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 03:36 PM   #2
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Re: RFF's M19 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

A note on SPD threshold:

For the second year in a row, ranta has given me a huge assist in doing some testing to see how game speed & speed threshold benchmarks against IRL speeds.

Here was the testing for Normal SPD 50 Threshold:
Avg WR (90 spd / 91 acc): 4.72s 40 yd time
Avg OL (65 spd / 78 acc): 5.32s 40 yd time

OL in this case was 13% slower, which is very close to the NFL target of 17%.

RE: 40 times. There's no hard data I could find comparing game speed to official 40 times. Estimates are that NFL players run .2 to .3 seconds slower in game than their 40 time. Obviously pads & are a reason, but also a major factor in 40 times is the initial jump. NFL players preparing for the combine practice their sprinter's stance launch for weeks prior to recording their time. In a game, obviously they are not doing this. So given the avg combine time at the NFL draft for a WR is 4.50 (based on 10+ yrs of data), I feel 4.75 is a solid in-game target.

So. Normal between 25 & 50 is going to get best results in terms of how the game benchmarks against the NFL. If offense isn't too good when we start our league, I will consider lowering threshold a bit. The sweet spot for NFL realism in isolation is probably around 30--again, that's if one were only considering this test as the way to balance. In Madden, other factors are at play, so we are starting with 50.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 08-18-2018, 08:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Going all Madden, did you try all pro?
Old 08-18-2018, 09:04 PM   #4
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunit1225
Going all Madden, did you try all pro?

My sliders have been AM since I started posting them in M17. Have yet to see an AP set that plays well in user v user. Typically too offensive to be realistic.

That said... every league is different. First step is knowing you who are and what are your gameplay goals. Some guys may simply enjoy All Pro more and I'm not here to judge. I don't really give my league a choice.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 08-19-2018, 09:48 PM   #5
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

As I watch more 'test league' games, I feel run game is a little low. This is still based on feel looking at the stats, will have some hard data in about a week.

For our week 1 initial set:
Bumping RBK to 62
Dropping TKL to 47

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 12:35 AM   #6
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

First week of games is in!

Scoring was a tad low (20.5 ppg) but just barely. That's actually pretty close to NFL level on a per-snap basis, but we run 10% fewer snaps, so I want pts per snap to be ~10% higher.

Rushing was pretty close. Median YPC for wk 1 across 28 teams was 3.99, right smack dab where we want it.

Passing was a hair low. 6.6 net yds per play (includes sacks & sack yardage) is actually almost exactly NFL level, but we want ours a hair better. Sacks & INTs were sky high as expected, so we'll give the pass game a slight buff and leave it up to teams to take fewer sacks & make better decisions.

PBK 55 (+5)
PDRT 25 (-10)

We'll see if +5 is too much for passing. First few weeks is always tougher on offenses as guys learn the game, so the concern is that buffing too much will make offense very powerful in a few weeks.

I'm also dropping INJ to 25. This is a tricky one. Multi-game injuries do feel a tad high after 1 week but not excessively so. However, in-game there are a TON of injuries where guys are going out for some/all of the game. Conceptually this is a good thing, but still probably too high.

Adjusting OP with updated settings now.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 08-23-2018 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:09 PM   #7
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Updated XP sliders based on tdawg's much appreciated research. I make estimates based on his sliders but geared for how 32 humans are very different than 31 CPUs. The past two cycles have turned out awesome, so here's hoping for a 3rd.

After week 2 finishes I will determine whether kicking accuracy needs to drop, as well.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 08-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #8
Rookie

Just curious as Im just seeing your post. What are you getting out of the running game with this set-up in terms of yards per carry and attempts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »