Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders - Madden 19 (All-Pro & All-Madden)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders - Madden 19 (All-Pro & All-Madden) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It痴 On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-26-2018, 08:09 AM   #1089
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 19 Sliders

Hey flazko, I知 just curious what the concept is behind an extremely low reaction time and high pass coverage? I知 about to plug them in tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-26-2018, 10:09 AM   #1090
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Hey flazko, I知 just curious what the concept is behind an extremely low reaction time and high pass coverage? I知 about to plug them in tonight.

Reaction - this slider is how quick the defense reacts to the pass. Reason for low reaction setting is, I want the defense to have a brain but the lowest setting possible. I want the players to react as the play is developing, not react before the play is made. It's on "1" because I want the defense to have a little bit of a "brain". I feel that sliders are how much of a boost is added on top of players ratings. For reaction, I don't want much of a boost but I don't want to turn the slider off completely, so I decided 1 was better than setting it to 0.

Coverage - this slider is the field awareness on Pass plays. Since the players are going to react as the play is being made , I want their passing awareness a little boosted to compensate for the low reaction. This slider doesn't boost their ability to cover per se but their ability to be more aware and be in the correct spot at the correct time. If they're more aware, then yes it's kinda helping their ability to cover but their actual rating will matter. The actual awareness attribute is their overall awareness to everything.

So when you put together a really low reaction and a higher coverage slider setting, you get defenses that react as the play is developing, not before the play developes. There's plenty of times where the defenses are there before the qb even throws it, or you see the defense get a little cheesy speed boost to catch up and knock the ball down. Now, if you have great defenders that have a nice awareness and play reaction rating, they'll still react a little before the play is even made but that's okay cuz you have those players who can read the Qbs eyes or who have a high football IQ and can predict plays. Specifically, for my set I have the user coverage at 75 and cpu coverage at 50 currently. This is be because on All-Madden, EA thinks by challenging we mean, slow our team down and speed up the cpu a little to make it hard, that's not what I asked for. I want everything balanced, so there are some sliders that need to be boosted a little for the user side. The numbers look more deceiving than they really are. For example, if I set a slider to 75, it just means that 75% of the time my team will be successful at whatever the slider is, like if it's pass blocking, my team will be able to hold blocks 75% of the time. The reason for everything being at 50 on default is because EA wants things to happen at 50% of the time and let the actually Difficulty setting dictate how smart the AI system is. I feel the user needs a little boost to coverage so players are a little more aware because the cpu is smarter on All-Madden and you can't control all your defenses players at the same time like the cpu is doing. You control the player you are user-ing and the AI controls the other players you are not but the cpu AI is smarter than the cpu AI on your team because of it being - All-Madden difficulty. The cpu is able to control every player at the same time, you control the player you are user-ing. Plus, the best way for me to put it is, I feel the user is slowed down quite a bit, your team doesn't block as well, your team isn't as smart or as fast. This is why some sliders are slightly boosted for the user. At the end of the day, the numbers actually don't matter, they're just like codes that help that particular setting play a particular way. It's best to not let numbers distract you from the actual gameplay you're getting. The numbers can throw you off because a certain slider may seem like it's too low and you'll feel the cpu isn't going to vw competent but all madden is its own beast. All Madden ensures the actual numbers don't matter as much as the other difficulty settings.

Bottom line is, I want defenses to react as the ball is leaving the qb's hand, not before he winds up to throw it, unless it's a high IQ football player who can predict plays or read the qb's eyes.

Last edited by Flazko; 09-26-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #1091
All Star

Flazko's Arena

I tried to explain that as best I could. It all makes sense in my brain but trying to find the words to explain it so you see exactly what I see, is tough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 10:24 AM   #1092
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

You did good. Nice and in depth. We need that degrasse guy to consult with on the sliders !
Old 09-26-2018, 11:15 AM   #1093
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Update to V3 (Now V4) Sliders:

- decrease to user accuracy from 40 to 35, increase to cpu accuracy from 50 to 55.
- decrease to user pass blocking from 45 to 35 and decrease to cpu pass blocking from 60 to 55.
- decrease to user run blocking from 45 to 40.
- decrease to tackling from 40 to 30 for both user and cpu.
- increase to cpu run blocking from 85 to 90.
-increase to cpu coverage from 55 to 60.
-decrease injury setting from 20 to 15.

Reason for changes:
Slight decrease to user sliders and slight increase to cpu sliders to help create a bit more challenge without trying to take away from the Realism aspect. I'm always looking for the "sweet spot" for my sliders. Specific change to cpu accuracy is to help cpu take more downfield shots without creating "Robo QB" issue. The accuracy setting not only dictates how accurate passes are but I also believe it dictates how more aware qbs are of the field, if they're more aware then they'll make more reads and take shots. Since I set 55 for accuracy, I lowered cpu pass blocking slightly so it's a little easier to create pressure, pressure forces bad passes in Madden. It's an actual mechanic put in the gameplay. If you throw under pressure with your feet not set, it actual dictates how accurate your pass is. I wanted to balance cpu qb accuracy and pass blocking so there's no robo qb.

Last edited by Flazko; 09-26-2018 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 09-26-2018, 11:40 AM   #1094
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Everyone,

V4 is the final version for the main set. Of course, if there's a patch that screws things up, I will still update it if needed but for the most part, what you see is what is final.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:17 PM   #1095
Banned

Image1537978640.836080.jpg

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 12:18 PM   #1096
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnav
Attachment 155844

Which sliders did u decide to use again?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »