Home

RFF's M19 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M19 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2018, 03:44 PM   #9
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M19 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Dude_Again
Just curious as Im just seeing your post. What are you getting out of the running game with this set-up in terms of yards per carry and attempts?
See 2 posts up for wk 1 stat overview... Median YPC was 3.99 which is right in the sweet spot. Will monitor over multiple weeks to see if needs adjusting but should be close.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 08-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #10
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

After wk 2, looks like passing still a bit low. In particular the pass rush seems a bit too harsh even at 55. Likely giving it a bump up to ~65.

Our targets here are for Pass Yds per Dropback (aka Net Pass Yds which factors in sacks & sack yardage) to be right around 7. These are based on median 57 offensive snaps per team across weeks 1-2.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 08-26-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #11
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Last year, I didn't get any real traction in reducing the pass rush until I started raising the CPU PBK slider.

This year just to be safe, I'm going to raise the CPU PBK slider as we raise HUM PBK.

HUM PBK: 65
CPU PBK: 60

We'll see how these affect passing over the next week of games.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 10:03 PM   #12
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

More tweaks through week 3:

Rushing is in a very good place. 3.9 ypc every week so far. This could end up being a *hair* on the high side as league median for the year is 4.2 (target = 4.1) but it's pretty darn close. No changes until I see a definite trend.

Will have more info on how the recent changes to PBK worked soon--no update yet. Saw a dip in sack rate in week 3 after a small adjustment, but made the bigger change for week 4. We were still seeing just 6.3 net yds per pass play (net yds = sacks & negative sack yardage included) compared to our target of ~6.9-7.0. NFL is around 6.6.

3rd Down Conversion is pretty good. NFL median was 38% in 2017 and our median has ranged between 38-41% each week so far.

Rate of Fumbles Lost is just a hair too high. It's pretty close to NFL levels actually, but my target is to usually to be just a little below NFL due to artificially high INTs & fumble-returns for TD happening a bit too often. I feel a little below NFL level leads to the most realistic gameplay for this reason. Bumping it from 78-->80.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 08-29-2018, 09:31 PM   #13
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Updated with latest changes through wk 4 data. Passing much better (probably due to raising CPU PBK, lol). But still a hair low overall. Scoring was 23 ppg which isn't too high but now on the high side of 'target' so will have to monitor. Some of that is due to a lot of INTs, so the hope is that as offenses get safer, scoring doesn't necessarily go up yet.

Highlighted what changed:

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 08-31-2018, 10:09 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

What slider would you recommend to change to help coverage on zone plays, players just sit there and react way to slow on zone coverage. Thx
Old 09-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #15
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunit1225
What slider would you recommend to change to help coverage on zone plays, players just sit there and react way to slow on zone coverage. Thx

Primarily that's going to be Pass D Reaction slider, and probably Coverage impacts that a bit as well as your zone defenders will be in better position to begin with.

PDRT is not a 'sensitive' slider, so if you dislike how it's playing now, I'd crank it way way up.

Unfortunately I wouldn't expect it to affect deep blue zones too much. They patched the game a while back and deep blue coverage became semi useless once again. It's a shame because it was sooo good in the beta & right @ release. If a receiver was the only deep route, that deep blue defender would 'attack' the route rather than just drop senselessly to nowhere.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Primarily that's going to be Pass D Reaction slider, and probably Coverage impacts that a bit as well as your zone defenders will be in better position to begin with.

PDRT is not a 'sensitive' slider, so if you dislike how it's playing now, I'd crank it way way up.

Unfortunately I wouldn't expect it to affect deep blue zones too much. They patched the game a while back and deep blue coverage became semi useless once again. It's a shame because it was sooo good in the beta & right @ release. If a receiver was the only deep route, that deep blue defender would 'attack' the route rather than just drop senselessly to nowhere.
Thx for the input I'm going to move it up in 10 increments to start. 👍🏻

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »