Home

MUSINGS, CHUCKLES AND SLIDERS... courtesy of the Wiz

This is a discussion on MUSINGS, CHUCKLES AND SLIDERS... courtesy of the Wiz within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 08:17 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: MUSINGS, CHUCKLES AND SLIDERS... courtesy of the Wiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
tommycoa:

my man you are on it this year. Yes, the accel clock causes havoc to the game play when set below 20 sec.

As me and the peeps vetted V.2, we did not get a chance to fully vet out game play wonkiness based on futzing with the accel clock. As of late last night and early this afternoon, I have started to look into a theory I had a few weeks back that possibly the accel clock causes/triggers "quicker reaction" time, almost as if the defenders know where the offensive play is going. This could explain why the HUM defenders always seem to be in "perfect" position to thwart the CPU RB and also how DB's/LB's always seem to be jumping the throws causing mucho pics and deflections when compared to last year. But when you TURN OFF accel clock, game play tones down...

Not sure if there is something to this theory, would have to test the hell out of it and track different animations and game play actions that have not typically been on my plate in the lab to track.

Stay tuned, as I do some testing on this theory in the ensuing hours/days.

Wiz....out.
Here’s my theory on the clock thing.

When it’s at anything below 20 second runoff, the qb’s in too big a hurry to snap the ball. Yes he’ll make some audibles, but it’s a quick look. He doesn’t really diagnose the defense.

At 20 second runoff, qb has adequate time to size up the d and get into the right play.

With no accelerated clock, the qb takes his time and will sometimes shift into a different formation.

Now i have seen qbs shift to different formations with 20 second runoff, but it’s a bit of a misnomer because everytime it happens with any form of accelerated clock on, it’s after a penalty, an incompletion, or injury, etc—hence the reason we see shifts is because the qb is playing with a full playclock in these situations.

Now I haven’t seen any formation shifting since the patch. Need to see when the qb snaps the ball now, it may have changed because they “fixed” the punter to snap the ball as soon the cut scene ends. Used to take 10 seconds, which was good because it helped eat away time to get play count right (120-150 plays a game.) seems like the sim option would fix issues like this and we’d be able to keep the punter snapping after ten seconds, because 6 punts is a minutes worth of elapsed game time lost since they punt it immediately now.

Seems like a small thing, but that 6-10 extra snaps ran a game. We were already cutting it close before the patch and now i’m Getting way too many snaps.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-12-2018, 01:37 AM   #58
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

OVR: 0

Loved your work in the past dude. Can’t wait to try it out once you calibrate for the current patch

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 6

Wiz, think i figured out some stuff with the game clock settings.

Been doing the play the moments on cfm and i watch 30-40 plays a game, while the rest of the plays are done with a text message. Game plays mighty fine.

If i try to watch a whole game, the game just doesn’t play the same.

Okay. Here’s the theory:

The default playclock is 6 minutes with a 20 second runoff. That probably gives you 30-40 total plays per game.

I don’t think madden is made for more than that many plays to be viewed/played. The programming gets too confused. You don’t watch as many plays in the first half, maybe 10-15 and it’s text messaging the play results and this seems to calibrate the game better. Doesn’t look scripted at all. That was my major concern. It’s very organic when you get to play and it also makes sure that your boxscores match what real Sunday boxscores match. Most satisfied ive been with madden since the PS2 days since ive done this.

When you only watch 30-40 plays a game, Madden’s glitches kind of get hidden. I don’t see near the problems with collision and other things. Looks really good, man.

Never fooled with play the moments before because it was always broken and glitchy. No problems so far.

Also think i may have a fix for simmed stats for running qbs:

1. For teams like the Panthers, Go to schemes, change to spread scheme.

2. Choose play the moments for the game.

3. When controller selection screen shows up, choose the generic spread playbook.

4. Super sim the game. *ive only did it on normal speed, not sure if it’ll be the same with fast speed. Will have to check and report back. Kids are Netflixxing Doogie Howser as Lemony Snicket.

5. You’d have to do this every week for the scrambling qbs, but if it works right with fast sim speed in super sim, then it might take 3 minutes to execute this per team.

Can’t wait to see the sizzle and steam from your latest brew, bro. Hope this junk helps.

I’m really digging the speediness of experiencing madden on play the moments, hope someone else can too. Really enhances the gameplay.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-17-2018, 05:33 PM   #60
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0

Any suggestions on player traits edits ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »