Home

Default All-Pro Penalty ONLY Adjustments

This is a discussion on Default All-Pro Penalty ONLY Adjustments within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Default All-Pro Penalty ONLY Adjustments

I have yet to touch any skill sliders yet to see if I can get some good gameplay with just adjusting penalties. Whether it's placebo (lol) or reality I think I have some penalty sliders that may be some progress. Problem is I only have limited time to play so I hoping the slider community here can help expedite the testing. The only thing I ask is you play completely All-Pro default and if you make adjustments in CFM that you sim a week. Also, I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I leave the main menu penalty sliders at default.

When you first look at these sliders you will worry about the number of penalties but I played a few games and have averaged 11 total between the two teams.

Offside - 5
False Start - 60
O.Holding - 95
D.Holding - 60
Face Mask - 95
Pass Interference - 5
Illegal Block in the Back - 60
Roughing Passer - 5

Feel free to post your impressions and any suggestions.

Last edited by tdogg097; 09-01-2018 at 04:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Default All-Pro Penalty ONLY Adjustments

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I have yet to touch any skill sliders yet to see if I can get some good gameplay with just adjusting penalties. Whether it's placebo (lol) or reality I think I have some penalty sliders that may be some progress. Problem is I only have limited time to play so I hoping the slider community here can help expedite the testing. The only thing I ask is you play completely All-Pro default and if you make adjustments in CFM that you sim a week. Also, I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I leave the main menu penalty sliders at default.

When you first look at these sliders you will worry about the number of penalties but I played a few games and have averaged 11 total between the two teams.

Offside - 5

False Start - 95

O.Holding - 95

D.Holding - 95

Face Mask - 95

Pass Interference - 5

Illegal Block in the Back - 5

Roughing Passer - 5

Feel free to post your impressions and any suggestions.

Will try. What do you have the injury/fatigue at?
Old 08-21-2018, 12:32 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayboiAlvi
Will try. What do you have the injury/fatigue at?
Injury at 10. No adjustments to fatigue.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:59 AM   #4
Pro

Giving this a bump because after some serious testing here is what I think I know about penalties and there impact on gameplay. Also, I have edited the original OP because I'm getting some really good gameplay out of the sliders I posted.

Passing Game
Offsides + Defensive Holding + Roughing the Passer + Defensive Pass Interference all impact the passing game. The higher the DPI, the higher chance DBs play the ball and not the WR and you will see more picks. When DPI is at 5 and Holding at 60 the coverage is solid. Defenders play more conservatively. For some reason also, when offsides is higher INTs are higher. Still not sure why this is but with those 3 sliders at 5, 5, and 60 the passing game feels like what you see on Sunday. Elite WRs will torch average DBs, shutdown corners will do their thing against mediocre WRs. The final piece to the passing game puzzle is Roughing the Passer. The higher this slider is the more quickly the pass rush will get to the QB. I tried this at 60 and at 5. At 60 you can pretty much forget about play action, at 5 you will have time in the pocket but you still have to watch for blitzes and the pocket collapsing.

Offensive Holding + Illegal Block in the back
These penalties directly impact the ability of blockers to maintain there blocks. Illegal block in the back more so on special teams but offense is also impacted. With these two penalties at 95 and 60 respectively you will see a solid run game filled with many 2-3 yd runs mixed in with the occasional 15-20 yd and the rare home run. You will see more holding calls than you would in an NFL game but with the slider set as they are you are only going to see 3 penalties called.

Facemask
This one is a sticking point for me. The higher you go, the more hit sticks you see which is not what I see on Sundays. With this slider at 5 the defenders go for the conservative tackle the vast majority of the time. The reason I have this at 95 is because it is one of 3 penalties called in the game with reasonable consistency with the other 2 being on offense Holding and False Start. If all the penalties are on the offensive side of the ball then it starts to impact scoring so there needs to be a balance. I only recently bumped this up to 95 so further testing is required.

As I said in the original post I don't have a ton of time to do testing but I'm hoping so other people can try it out and see if they see what I see. I just ask that you only play on default All-pro. No speed adjustments, fatigue at 50, and injuries at 10. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

Do you get the dreaded False Start glitch with the penalty that high? Where the offense takes anywhere from 2-4 FS in a row usually as the players fatigue on a long drive? I have seen up to 6 in a row usually near or in the red zone with FS at a high level...

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 10:33 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Do you get the dreaded False Start glitch with the penalty that high? Where the offense takes anywhere from 2-4 FS in a row usually as the players fatigue on a long drive? I have seen up to 6 in a row usually near or in the red zone with FS at a high level...

C
I have not seen this. I do a fake snap on every play unless I just had a false start. I have averaged 4-5 in a game which is more than the NFL average but with these settings you will only get 3 penalties called. So the numbers of penalties are realistic, the type are not. As a true sim guy I would love the penalties to be more realistic but even with the penalties at default certain ones do not get called. I have not seen any of the following called at all with any settings D.Holding, Illegal Block in the Back, or any of the penalties with a toggle other than Grounding. I've also only had 1 DPI called and that was with the settings at 60 for holding and 5 for DPI.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OSfan093's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
Injury at 10. No adjustments to fatigue.
Is that 10 in both main menu & CFM or just 10 MM & 40CFM?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »