Home

SENSE PRESSURE TRAIT AND HOW IT AFFECTS GAMEPLAY

This is a discussion on SENSE PRESSURE TRAIT AND HOW IT AFFECTS GAMEPLAY within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Its On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-09-2018, 04:35 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: SENSE PRESSURE TRAIT AND HOW IT AFFECTS GAMEPLAY

DM, can you elaborate on your last?
Old 10-10-2018, 09:00 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
DM, can you elaborate on your last?
Do you have a roster to DL bro

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-10-2018, 11:31 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnav
Do you have a roster to DL bro

I dont. Ive either done my edits inside CFM or tried a couple of the ones already out there. iMac and Analyzer52 have done a roster each with some trait edits.

With the latest patches, the only trait Id say that must be off is high motor. The others serve more to enhance gameplay, whereas high motor really has a major impact on gameplay, especially along the LOS.

Big hitter is responsible for the WWE style hits and as such I turn that off as well.

Old 10-12-2018, 04:28 AM   #60
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I dont. Ive either done my edits inside CFM or tried a couple of the ones already out there. iMac and Analyzer52 have done a roster each with some trait edits.

With the latest patches, the only trait Id say that must be off is high motor. The others serve more to enhance gameplay, whereas high motor really has a major impact on gameplay, especially along the LOS.

Big hitter is responsible for the WWE style hits and as such I turn that off as well.

Are you recommending turning off high motor for everyone? Defensive only? Or just a certain position?
Also, from reading through this thread, it looks like the way to go, besides high motor off, is sense pressure down from ideal to average on qbs and big hitter off on all defense? Correct?

Sent from my VS995 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #61
Rookie

At the very least I'd recommend turning High Motor off for all offensive players. If you sim out 10 years just about every offensive player has High Motor off (rarely I came across an HB that had it on). I ran 3 sims out 10 years and it was consistent. Not critical to turn it off for WR, but does help in their run blocking.

On D, I'd at the very least go with turning High Motor off for the DL and 3-4 rush OLB, otherwise they tend to overpower the OL. LBs, while not critical, can be somewhat overpowering in the run game with it on.

Turning Big Hitter off gets rid of the "WWE" tackles.

Changing QBs with Ideal to Average helps them make better decisions in the pocket.

Summary:
High Motor off for all O and at the very least DL & LB.
Big Hitter off for all.
Ideal to Average for QBs.

Edit: Turning off Tight Spiral helps bring down QB accuracy, both HUM & CPU. If you are getting games where the CPU consistently has too high of a completion percentage, then try turning Tight Spiral off.

Last edited by mpd3892; 10-12-2018 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Added a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2018, 02:38 PM   #62
Scoreboard

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Big hitter turned off makes for more possible three man interactions, gang tackling & animations. With it on it obviously makes for over the top NFL blitz type animations. The ones were your running back gets knocked into next week routinely (AWful imo). I have the trait turned off for all players. Players still have the rating and I adjust it accordingly for the elite big hitters. The only downside of the trait being turned off it eliminates most of the fumble animations and decreases the chances of fumbles significantly if fumble slider left on default. This & high motor imo affect gameplay the most. I turn high motor off because it makes the players act less spastic and wonky.

Last edited by Milticket; 10-12-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:16 PM   #63
Rookie

Perhaps we can compensate for the lack of fumbles, as a result of turning Big Hitter off, by turning Strips Ball on for all defensive players.

I haven't really looked into this trait to see if it has strong effect, whether positive or negative, like High Motor or Big Hitter.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:02 PM   #64
Scoreboard

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Perhaps we can compensate for the lack of fumbles, as a result of turning Big Hitter off, by turning Strips Ball on for all defensive players.

I haven't really looked into this trait to see if it has strong effect, whether positive or negative, like High Motor or Big Hitter.
Yeah, a definite option. Cant remember if I tested that last yr or this yr with all defenders having the strip trait on. Only thing I think I didnt like about it was you would get a lot of the strip fumble animation a lot more than I liked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »