Home

WR/DB interaction

This is a discussion on WR/DB interaction within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #1
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
WR/DB interaction

WR and DB interaction is now warped,broken or whatever you want to call it. The fade route , out route and streak are gone in terms of WR/DB battles and interactions. Now we have have DB’s moving to the ball with a greater speed than the WR. This eliminates all animations and interactions causing a whole aspect of the passing game to be missing. If you play on arcade you will still see these animations, but on simulation or competitive it is def nerfed in favor of the DB now. Any suggestions on how to fix this without compromising the passing game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 08:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: WR/DB interaction

Change DBs & LBs to conservative or balanced play ball in the air. After the latest patch I noticed that defenders would “accelerate” just as the ball was arriving. This appears to counter that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-14-2018, 08:51 PM   #3
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

How do you change it for play now games? My problem is the cpu. So edit every lb and Db in Madden ..... oh boy

Last edited by Brooke2011; 09-14-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:18 PM   #4
Rookie

You have to go into each player's screen and under edit (usually at the bottom) go to traits. Its about 10 traits down (not sure the exact number). Its a pain, but the only way I know to fix the issue.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:54 AM   #5
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Yeah I turn the LBs to conservative, all DBs 87 and under to balanced or conservative..anyone under 80 I also have there drop open passes to YES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 11:39 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
Yeah I turn the LBs to conservative, all DBs 87 and under to balanced or conservative..anyone under 80 I also have there drop open passes to YES

I’d suggest doing it for all, regardless of OVR. Otherwise you’ll get the issue where the defender accelerates to the ball. Elites still play like elites, they just don’t get the boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #7
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

The edits, while helpful for warping to a degree, are not really helpful in their intended purpose and/or all that much over all. Defenders this year, imo, are far too aggressive in terms of going for deflections, interceptions and really long tackles regardless of the context of the situation or their traits.

Madden is not fun at all for me this year. Scripted animations and horrible DB/WR interactions are top of my list (long list, sadly) and I feel that a patch or several patches are the only real solution.

My other huge issue, which is pass defense related, is no matter the situation or context, an unfortunate percentage of the time I find the CPU AI makes plays that are quite literally physically impossible largely because of how aggressive they are by default. I can play on any skill level and against any rating of player with or without trait edits and at least half of the time the defender trying to make the play, successfully or not, end up in their situation because they magically changed directions or attempt an absolutely horrible deflection/interception. Coupled with said defender probably didn't even see the play develop as his back was to it, it just looks weak and scripted. Meanwhile (again any skill level, and any situation imaginable) my defenders all look like they are bored and apathetic a shocking amount of the time. It's the plays where they seem unnaturally gifted physically where they actually make plays, else they are pylons that are about 2 seconds late to the drill. I'm tired of seeing defenders break for the ball as it's literally still in my hands. I'm tired of trying to float a pass over a defender only to have another defender clock their fastest time ever to the ball and make the play. I understand pass trajectory is way off and will likely remain that way for another 10 or so years, but piling on the problem by adding robotic, ultra aggressive defenders just compounds the issue.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:53 PM   #8
Rookie

I have to change my opinion and agree with BegBy as it relates to DB reactions. Before the patch I was able tone down the DB & LB reactions to passes sufficiently by changing their plays ball in the air trait to either conservative or balanced. Since the patch this is no longer sufficient. They react instantly and are able to zip past receivers to make the INT. It doesn't matter if they are looking back towards the QB or even have their head turned away. It doesn't even matter if they are covering the receiver the ball is intended for. As soon as the ball gets within a radius of them they instantly react to the ball and fly into position to make the INT. Makes the game unplayable for me. Hopefully this gets patched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »