Home

Pass Coverage and Pass Reaction

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage and Pass Reaction within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Pass Coverage and Pass Reaction

I have seen various opinions on this. Can anyone answer this definitively:

On All Pro:

1) does Pass Coverage above 50 mean that the DBs play a tighter coverage or looser?

2) does Pass Reaction above 50 mean the DBs react slower or more quickly to the ball once it is thrown?

Thanks!

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2018, 10:50 AM   #2
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Coverage and Pass Reaction

I take it as it should be and programmed to be, I know some think they're reversed but I don't believe that and have yet to see proof that they are. I've noticed in tests they work as intended.

1) Above 50 should create tighter coverage because you are increasing the coverage effectiveness. 0 makes defenders play less to there coverage rating. 50 they play to there rating. 100 they cover better than there rating.

2) Above 50 will make them react quicker. At 0 they will not react as quickly, 50 they will react based on ratings like normally and above 50 will make them react quicker than they normally would.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:31 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I have seen various opinions on this. Can anyone answer this definitively:

On All Pro:

1) does Pass Coverage above 50 mean that the DBs play a tighter coverage or looser?

2) does Pass Reaction above 50 mean the DBs react slower or more quickly to the ball once it is thrown?

Thanks!

C
This is the biggest mystery of the game and I cannot put my finger on it. Sometimes I feel like they are reversed and sometimes it feels like they are right. What i do know, things get more unstable if you go over 60 or under 40 on these.

Right now I’m rolling with def pass react at 60 and pass cover at 50 and the deflections are cut down some. Def pass react does feel reversed, but I’m unsure about pass cover.

Higher Pass cover seems to aid the pass rush more than anything, but it also seems to help the awareness of players. While def pass reaction feels more like timing.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-06-2018, 11:35 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye
I take it as it should be and programmed to be, I know some think they're reversed but I don't believe that and have yet to see proof that they are. I've noticed in tests they work as intended.

1) Above 50 should create tighter coverage because you are increasing the coverage effectiveness. 0 makes defenders play less to there coverage rating. 50 they play to there rating. 100 they cover better than there rating.

2) Above 50 will make them react quicker. At 0 they will not react as quickly, 50 they will react based on ratings like normally and above 50 will make them react quicker than they normally would.
By the way, what is the significance of your name here - Rye? I ask because I grew up in Rye, NY.

C
Old 10-06-2018, 12:19 PM   #5
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
By the way, what is the significance of your name here - Rye? I ask because I grew up in Rye, NY.

C
Oh that's cool, It's just a name (nickname I suppose) I've had for a little while now. My name is Ryan but my friends started calling me Ry for short and it ended up sticking. I later became Rye in my bff's contacts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #6
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

The int slider also plays a big factor in your coverages
Old 10-07-2018, 06:59 AM   #7
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
The int slider also plays a big factor in your coverages
As do the DPI and DHold penalty sliders. Face mask also plays a significant role in pursuit, which goes hand in hand with everything else. Reducing these below 50 will create more floor space, while increasing them above 50 will create more “tightness”. If you go too high, coverage will become sticky, though it’s relative of course to your pass coverage and reaction sliders. It’s all preference as to what you’re looking for.

DPI & DHold = a secondary or behind the scenes coverage slider(s), that works globally for the human and CPU.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 10-07-2018 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:07 AM   #8
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Some good in depth info here. I know about 3 or 4 years back there was 1 or 2 threads about penalty sliders affecting gameplay. If not to much bother could someone please detail how the settings interact and effect one another ? Example:This slider does_ , it effects _. It works along with the _ slider which also does_. . I figure that things may have changed a little since then as we. Thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »