Home

cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

This is a discussion on cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 03-19-2019, 02:43 PM   #841
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

OP UPDATED
In order to import a Draft Class, your scouting setting should be set to MANUAL in League settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2019, 02:44 PM   #842
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0

I'll play a few games and see what's happening. What I may find myself doing is a total restart every few games or so. If I can get through a full weeks schedule, then full restart, I'll be relatively happy with that. Thankfully it doesn't take long to set auto-sub options and visual preferences.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:44 PM   #843
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
I'll play a few games and see what's happening. What I may find myself doing is a total restart every few games or so. If I can get through a full weeks schedule, then full restart, I'll be relatively happy with that. Thankfully it doesn't take long to set auto-sub options and visual preferences.
Just because I like to see accurate results EVERY game. I do the full restart every time. It's a longer process but it assures I don't have any whack game. Kinda paranoid about it lol I'm a big stat guy.
Was worried it wasnt gonna work with this game I just played. Halfway through the first of Raiders/Chargers it was 21-0 Chargers. Carr threw 2 picks already. But it mellowed out, Raiders did end up having 5 turnovers but the game still played nice. Carr only threw 1 more INT. Chargers won 31-13. This was without Rivers and backup Geno Smith. LAC had to sign another QB and they went with Tim Boyle, a rookie. Not a bad start, he threw 4 TDs for 263 yards on 65% passing.
Carr threw 66% passing on 277 yards with a TD.
No 100 yard rusher, almost though. Gordon went 20 for 90 and Lynch went 20 for 96.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-19-2019, 06:42 PM   #844
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenamesfuller
Just because I like to see accurate results EVERY game. I do the full restart every time. It's a longer process but it assures I don't have any whack game. Kinda paranoid about it lol I'm a big stat guy.
Was worried it wasnt gonna work with this game I just played. Halfway through the first of Raiders/Chargers it was 21-0 Chargers. Carr threw 2 picks already. But it mellowed out, Raiders did end up having 5 turnovers but the game still played nice. Carr only threw 1 more INT. Chargers won 31-13. This was without Rivers and backup Geno Smith. LAC had to sign another QB and they went with Tim Boyle, a rookie. Not a bad start, he threw 4 TDs for 263 yards on 65% passing.
Carr threw 66% passing on 277 yards with a TD.
No 100 yard rusher, almost though. Gordon went 20 for 90 and Lynch went 20 for 96.

My stats are totally out of whack now anyway, I didn't know about the profile bug when I started the season and I haven't replayed any games except one, when my Xbox crashed mid save and didn't get the result. If I were closer to the start of the season I'd be tempted to do a full restart of the league, but not this far in. But I absolutely understand how you feel about it.

More than anything about the stats, What bothers me most when the game goes nuts is not the scoreline or stats, but how the CPU goes super completionist. When it's down to the 2 minute warning, you can guarantee if the scores close that the team that's behind will fire it all the way to the endzone and score. It happens so often, it's predictable. When the sliders are working, you can tell, the defence has a chance of making a stop and turning the drive away.

Just had that on my last game, Eagles up by 2 scores against the Panthers, last 2 minutes. Panthers get to midfield, but then the defence make a couple of blocks, one short pass doesn't get enough yards and the drive peters out. If the profile bug is affecting the game, I'd have been certain the Panthers would score quick, Eagles would get a 3 and out and we'd have had a tense final minute as the Panthers get time to go upfield all over again.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:12 PM   #845
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

That happens before halftime too.
I had something crazy happen a few games back between 49ers and Cardinals. Was 10-10, Cards marched down the field and score making it 17-10. 49ers did the same the following drive but a TD pass in the red zone was barely picked off by Patrick Peterson. Very next play the Cardinals fumble at the 20 and 49ers return it for a TD. They go into halftime tied at 17. Cards would go onto win that one 32-30 with a last second FG.
That was a pretty unpredictable game between 2 division rivals. Really cool to see games play out like that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2019, 08:27 PM   #846
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
My stats are totally out of whack now anyway, I didn't know about the profile bug when I started the season and I haven't replayed any games except one, when my Xbox crashed mid save and didn't get the result. If I were closer to the start of the season I'd be tempted to do a full restart of the league, but not this far in. But I absolutely understand how you feel about it.

More than anything about the stats, What bothers me most when the game goes nuts is not the scoreline or stats, but how the CPU goes super completionist. When it's down to the 2 minute warning, you can guarantee if the scores close that the team that's behind will fire it all the way to the endzone and score. It happens so often, it's predictable. When the sliders are working, you can tell, the defence has a chance of making a stop and turning the drive away.

Just had that on my last game, Eagles up by 2 scores against the Panthers, last 2 minutes. Panthers get to midfield, but then the defence make a couple of blocks, one short pass doesn't get enough yards and the drive peters out. If the profile bug is affecting the game, I'd have been certain the Panthers would score quick, Eagles would get a 3 and out and we'd have had a tense final minute as the Panthers get time to go upfield all over again.
Thatís Madden not the sliders, 2 minutes drills have always been ridiculous.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #847
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
For all 32 teams it is, I have save game file for a New Franchise, so I can just load that up to start a new season.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:40 PM   #848
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
My stats are totally out of whack now anyway, I didn't know about the profile bug when I started the season.

You are not using my sliders 100% correct?
I do not want to confuse people.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »