Home

cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

This is a discussion on cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 04-04-2019, 10:07 AM   #921
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Have any of you tried actually managing a team or teams whilst continuing only to view each game rather than play?

I'd like to do that at some point, next season out and see if it's possible to guide a team to success without getting involved on the field (not that would improve the teams chances).

If you've tried it, any advice to pass on?
What? These are GM sliders, I watch every game, control all 32 teams and don't play any.
It's stated in the OP, you gotta be kidding me.

Last edited by cdcool; 04-04-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #922
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
What? These are GM sliders, I watch every game, control all 32 teams and don't play any.
It's stated in the OP, you gotta be kidding me.
I think you misunderstand. I'm not "hands on" with any team in my current season. I've set all the settings so the CPU is managing each team as such, I'm only clicking advance each week and handling any media questions, checking injuries, basically just the stuff that pops up on the THINGS TO DO screen.

What I'm referring to is actually being hands on with only one team, playing through multiple seasons and building hopefully towards success season on season. Handle team picks, free agencies, the draft and hiring/firing as necessary.

Right now I'm just a spectator, not really handling any business, just what needs to be done to move along each game, week in, week out, watching how the games play out. I don't have any extra input on any one team. What I'm thinking of is focusing on one teams success whilst still watching the game in CPU v CPU
Old 04-04-2019, 02:58 PM   #923
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
I think you misunderstand. I'm not "hands on" with any team in my current season. I've set all the settings so the CPU is managing each team as such, I'm only clicking advance each week and handling any media questions, checking injuries, basically just the stuff that pops up on the THINGS TO DO screen.

What I'm referring to is actually being hands on with only one team, playing through multiple seasons and building hopefully towards success season on season. Handle team picks, free agencies, the draft and hiring/firing as necessary.

Right now I'm just a spectator, not really handling any business, just what needs to be done to move along each game, week in, week out, watching how the games play out. I don't have any extra input on any one team. What I'm thinking of is focusing on one teams success whilst still watching the game in CPU v CPU
You can select how hands on you want to be with any team so long as you are playing the games CPU vs CPU. that's an individual choice. It doesn't affect the sliders, that's stated in my OP also.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:01 PM   #924
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

New Roster update today
screws up injuires
Old 04-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #925
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
You can select how hands on you want to be with any team so long as you are playing the games CPU vs CPU. that's an individual choice. It doesn't affect the sliders, that's stated in my OP also.
Yeah I understand that, and I could manage each team but I would be competing against myself. What I refer to is controlling only one team and focusing solely on buiding that.

So going back to my original post on the subject, has anyone got any experience of managing just one team and only watching them play and had any success competing against the CPU?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 04:16 PM   #926
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I understand that, and I could manage each team but I would be competing against myself. What I refer to is controlling only one team and focusing solely on buiding that.

So going back to my original post on the subject, has anyone got any experience of managing just one team and only watching them play and had any success competing against the CPU?
I have the Jets, always have, one team, you have to control one team in the Draft anyway, the other teams are auto everything.
I just cant just watch them play, I have to watch all the games or the stats won't line up. I'm still not 100% on what you are talking about in here.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:40 PM   #927
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
I have the Jets, always have, one team, you have to control one team in the Draft anyway, the other teams are auto everything.
I just cant just watch them play, I have to watch all the games or the stats won't line up. I'm still not 100% on what you are talking about in here.
Well, like you said and you seemingly are doing is, I could control each team fully, watch every game and see how that works out. But one of my teams is definitely going to win, so there's no challenge.

What I'm thinking about doing is starting a new season, with just one team under my direct control and getting hands on with ALL the duties, team building and the business tasks, and seeing if I can beat the CPU controlled teams. Even potentially taking a team that needs a big roster overhaul and working towards success. What I'm asking is if anyone else has done this and had themselves any modicum of success?

I iterate again, although I'll be handling managerial duties, what I won't be doing is taking control of the team on the field of play. I'll continue to watch the games play out strictly CPU v CPU only. But obviously I'll have a vested interest in the team that I manage.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:01 PM   #928
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Well, like you said and you seemingly are doing is, I could control each team fully, watch every game and see how that works out. But one of my teams is definitely going to win, so there's no challenge.

What I'm thinking about doing is starting a new season, with just one team under my direct control and getting hands on with ALL the duties, team building and the business tasks, and seeing if I can beat the CPU controlled teams. Even potentially taking a team that needs a big roster overhaul and working towards success. What I'm asking is if anyone else has done this and had themselves any modicum of success?

I iterate again, although I'll be handling managerial duties, what I won't be doing is taking control of the team on the field of play. I'll continue to watch the games play out strictly CPU v CPU only. But obviously I'll have a vested interest in the team that I manage.
This what I have been doing with the Jets and the way I play, you can control one or more teams fully or partially. You have control of all 32 Teams, set each team to auto everything and the team you want, too manual everything or a combination of whatever you want in the User Team Help settings for each Team. For the Jets I have some functions on auto/computer control., it's a personal choice as I mentioned in the OP.

To answer your question it works with no issues, doesn't affect the sliders, just what you control for a Team.

Another way to play is to make unbiased decisions for all the teams and see who wins.

Last edited by cdcool; 04-04-2019 at 06:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »