Home

cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

This is a discussion on cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2018, 03:51 PM   #161
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpersak
Totally agree with you. Its more common now to have games where both QB throw over 350 yards.

Or even both starting running backs over 100 yards on the ground

From what I’m hearing 0 is the real speed
I built these sliders on 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 03:52 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
Yep, it is!
test a few a 25, we may be going back to zero tonight and watch at least 10 games.

Will do man. I'll try to get 2-3 in
Old 10-17-2018, 03:53 PM   #163
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Will do man. I'll try to get 2-3 in

Thanks man! Looking back I don’t think every game had big running breaks on 0

Old 10-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Thanks man! Looking back I don’t think every game had big running breaks on 0

I really only saw one game. And that was most likely an anomaly due to me skipping through replays/half time shows and stuff like that. I think that messes with gameplay a bit.

But yeah, I liked it better when it was at 0 lol
Old 10-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #165
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
I really only saw one game. And that was most likely an anomaly due to me skipping through replays/half time shows and stuff like that. I think that messes with gameplay a bit.

Cool!! If don’t see anything positive at 25 I’m moving it back.. :-). I went along with the 45.
Worse case I can play around with run blocking if needed.

Last edited by cdcool; 10-17-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 05:38 PM   #166
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:

Skipping cut scenes and such does alter gameplay. Best way to describe it is, when you skip plays, the game thinks you’re rushing things and rushing things goofs with the consistency of the game.

Even when you don’t skip cut scenes the game can be inconsistent at times. That’s why I experimented with the Play the Moments. It’s the best, sure-fired way to get consistent gameplay and especially stats.

I’ve gotten the game to cut back on completions, I usually see 8-11 a game, but sometimes the game engine isn’t consistent enough to enhance the sliders, and I see 15+ pass deflections, which i don’t want at all.

The key to less deflections is jacking the QB ACC into the 90s. That’s the only way I can get the passing game to look realistic and the completion percentages. It’s just that the pass reaction and pass coverage sliders don’t work as advertised. The pass cover slider controls pass rush more than anything, while the pass reaction slider is kind of all over the place. Still can’t truly decide if it’s reversed or not. But I have been playing with it in the 90s and see less deflection at 90-95 range, but if you jack it to 100, there will be more pass deflections.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-17-2018, 05:59 PM   #167
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Skipping cut scenes and such does alter gameplay. Best way to describe it is, when you skip plays, the game thinks you’re rushing things and rushing things goofs with the consistency of the game.

Even when you don’t skip cut scenes the game can be inconsistent at times. That’s why I experimented with the Play the Moments. It’s the best, sure-fired way to get consistent gameplay and especially stats.

I’ve gotten the game to cut back on completions, I usually see 8-11 a game, but sometimes the game engine isn’t consistent enough to enhance the sliders, and I see 15+ pass deflections, which i don’t want at all.

The key to less deflections is jacking the QB ACC into the 90s. That’s the only way I can get the passing game to look realistic and the completion percentages. It’s just that the pass reaction and pass coverage sliders don’t work as advertised. The pass cover slider controls pass rush more than anything, while the pass reaction slider is kind of all over the place. Still can’t truly decide if it’s reversed or not. But I have been playing with it in the 90s and see less deflection at 90-95 range, but if you jack it to 100, there will be more pass deflections.

Pass Deflections are good, not my issue right now

Old 10-17-2018, 06:17 PM   #168
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Pass Deflections are good, not my issue right now

15 is way too many. It’s like wearing long tube socks with short shorts pulled up to your belly button, it’s tacky and it definitely effects the overall ebb and flow of games. If there were 7 less deflections, think about how different the game outcome would be. But to each their own.

I think I’ve about got deflections figured out though with higher qb acc and high pass reaction defense.. That’s all that’s holding me back. Hell, the sets I’ve conjured up this year have been spot on, minus the deflections. If qbs would just throw the ball away, it would fix this.

Since the last patch, playing with 20 second runoff also helps tons of things,mainly playcalling because the QBs get out of the bad plays most of the time. 20 runoff Really, really helps with deflections and run game. Anything less and the qb rushes the snap and the oline and qb don’t make necessary adjustments. When qbs don’t audible, you’re wasting the awareness rating that drives audible. You’re playing with what the AI coach calls. Really hinders the game. Does it make it unplayable? No. It still looks like football, but the game is much more simplified.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »