Home

cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

This is a discussion on cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2018, 07:58 AM   #321
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

Based on testing I'm updating the OP WR Catching Slider from 53 to 45 - 8

The games are playing great! still lots of Offense with more defensive pressure.

Passing Yards are toned down a bit, Drops are good and Rushing Yards are still good and vary per game. Going more to running backs is obvious at 45

Rushing
Doug Johnson long was 73, broke one.
T. Cole long was 36

Stats are attached for the last game

Defense
Sacks 4
PDEF 17 for this game, still within reason.
TFL 10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Post Game.jpg (318.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Team.jpg (390.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Rushing.jpg (328.5 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by cdcool; 11-24-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2018, 10:07 AM   #322
Rookie

OVR: 0

I saw there was some talk about moving the Pass Blocking slider to 85. I just wanted to make sure that the OP was accurate. Is it supposed to be 93 still?
Old 11-24-2018, 10:13 AM   #323
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpersak
I saw there was some talk about moving the Pass Blocking slider to 85. I just wanted to make sure that the OP was accurate. Is it supposed to be 93 still?
The OP is correct! never moved only tested
Old 11-24-2018, 10:16 AM   #324
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
The OP is correct! never moved only tested
Ok thanks!
Old 11-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #325
Rookie

OVR: 3

Posting so OP has the info.
Using all settings from OP. (except)

---Variables changed:
Using "arcade" mode
Using "slow" speed

---What I'm wondering:
Will this significantly change realistic results (stats)
Will this significantly change realistic look/feel (fool me/immerse me)

hypothesis
"arcade mode" will make these little toads move more like athletes and do more athletic things more often, and I will get more cut scenes and replays. Perhaps I'll get more big plays (on both offense and defense) and not see dramatic statistical anomolies.

fear
"arcade mode" will make game turn into a laughable mess. Nobody will tackle at all. The Raiders will destroy the Chiefs week 13 by a score of 112-68. Injuries will be silly. Punters will punch coaches on the sidelines... Mass chaos.

At time of writing: (slow/supersim)

Chiefs are losing 34-24 with 6:00 left in the 3rd. Both running backs are having big days. Very few penalties called. Some big plays. Game has felt good. Athletes still look like toads. Punt returner stands still for like 1.5 seconds on returns. Dee Ford just wiffed on a sack, and Carr nailed his guy 35 yards downfield (reminds of real life TOO much). BOTH QBs have all day to throw the ball, but have a tendency to *hooooooold* it forever. Real humans' *oh ***** clocks would have gone off by now, and guys would at least be trying to roll out. But if we're sacrificing that realism for realistic stats... I'm cool with it. (or rather, it could be an artificact of arcade mode). 41-24 now... We're getting torched.

***edit***
***Chiefs got down the 6 yard line and kicked a field goal on 4th and 1***

I feel like real life Andy Reid goes for it there with 12:35 left in the 4th quarter. This is *arcade* mode? Whaaaaaaa??? Let's go defense. So far, fun game.. Stressful. We can't tackle. Just gave up a 71 yard touchdown to Doug Martin. 2 play drive. 48-27 now.

***edit***

Touchdown Kareem Hunt. He's getting close to 200. 2nd rushing TD on the day. He's going beast-mode, so it kinda makes sense we're still running the ball with 8 minutes left in the game, down 3 posessions. 48-34, Raiders.

***edit***

Defense holds 3 and Out... Uh oh... (Scandrick knocks a pass down on 3rd down. This is the least realistic thing that has happened so far.)

***edit***

big 3rd down catch there sammy watkins. chiefs are in the red zone with 3:51 left. They're still running the ball... But it's successful. clock's tickn' though... Okay... They're STILL running the ball, making the onside kick our only shot now. Down at the 1. 3rd and goal. Mahomes throws a dart on 3rd and 1. It's dropped. going on 4th down... False start. That's his second false start on this drive. Incomplete. Raiders are gonna win.

***edit/garbage time***
Chiefs are using their timeouts, but Martin is still ripping 10 yard+ runs. (again, completely believable against this D). Running backs do too much dancing. Raiders have an unnecessary 3rd down coming up because Martin didn't just move forward. Chiefs will get the ball back with no timeouts <1 min left.

***garbage drive****
We FINALLY go no huddle, but SPIKE the clock instead of running two plays. Hit a big one on a play-action, go no huddle again and SPIKE again with 0:18. Hit a 3 yarder to Kelce... Then one more over the middle as time expires to Watkins. Blah... Game over. 48-34

***Final Stats***
Mahomes - 33/42 440 2/0 (sacked: 1) (1 rush 1 yard)
Carr - 26/35 323 3/0 (sacked: 0) (

Hunt - 26rush 175 2TD (10 bkt, long 58, 2rec 6yds)
Martin - 25rush 269 3TD (12 bkt, long 71)

Hill - 9rec/193 . Kelce - 11/119 1TD . Watkins 5/57
Cook - 6/49 . Nelson - 6/93 2TD . Bryant - 6/61 1 TD

Raider D - 0 Int. 0 FumRec. 1 Sack. 6 PassDef. 6 Tack4Loss
Chiefs D - 0 Int 0 FumRec 0 Sack. 6 PassDef. 9 Tack4Loss

Butker 2 for 3. (missed 69 yard attempt)
Carlson 2 for 2

Last edited by chiefsplanet; 11-24-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2018, 11:09 AM   #326
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsplanet

---Variables changed:
Using "arcade" mode
Using "slow" speed

---What I'm wondering:

hypothesis
"arcade mode" will make these little toads move more like athletes and do more athletic things more often, and I will get more cut scenes and replays. Perhaps I'll get more big plays (on both offense and defense) and not see dramatic statistical anomolies.

fear
"arcade mode" will make game turn into a laughable mess. Nobody will tackle at all. The Raiders will destroy the Chiefs week 13 by a score of 112-68. Injuries will be silly. Punters will punch coaches on the sidelines... Mass chaos.

Chiefs are losing 34-24 with 6:00 left in the 3rd. Both running backs are having big days. Very few penalties called. Some big plays. Game has felt good. Athletes still look like toads. Punt returner stands still for like 1.5 seconds on returns. Dee Ford just wiffed on a sack, and Carr nailed his guy 35 yards downfield (reminds of real life TOO much). BOTH QBs have all day to throw the ball, but have a tendency to *hooooooold* it forever. Real humans' *oh ***** clocks would have gone off by now, and guys would at least be trying to roll out. But if we're sacrificing that realism for realistic stats... I'm cool with it. (or rather, it could be an artificact of arcade mode). 41-24 now... We're getting torched.
The one thing in particular that I really wish would be fixed with a patch is the QBs holding the ball for too long and not throwing it away when they should. Also, when they kind of just “shuffle” backwards and to the side when they should clearly be running for their lives once the pocket is collapsing is so frustrating to watch. QBs just take 14 yard sacks like it’s nothing.

I wonder if trait edits would change this at all?
Old 11-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #327
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:

---Variables changed:
Using "arcade" mode
Using "slow" speed

---What I'm wondering:

hypothesis

fear

***edit***

I feel like real life Andy Reid goes for it there with 12:35 left in the 4th quarter. This is *arcade* mode? Whaaaaaaa??? Let's go defense. So far, fun game.. Stressful. We can't tackle. Just gave up a 71 yard touchdown to Doug Martin. 2 play drive. 48-27 now.

***edit***

Touchdown Kareem Hunt. He's getting close to 200. 2nd rushing TD on the day. He's going beast-mode, so it kinda makes sense we're still running the ball with 8 minutes left in the game, down 3 posessions. 48-34, Raiders.

***edit***

Defense holds 3 and Out... Uh oh... (Scandrick knocks a pass down on 3rd down. This is the least realistic thing that has happened so far.)

***edit***

big 3rd down catch there sammy watkins. chiefs are in the red zone with 3:51 left. They're still running the ball... But it's successful. clock's tickn' though... Okay... They're STILL running the ball, making the onside kick our only shot now. Down at the 1. 3rd and goal. Mahomes throws a dart on 3rd and 1. It's dropped. going on 4th down... False start. That's his second false start on this drive. Incomplete. Raiders are gonna win.
Any changes to any of my settings will yield different results
I do not do arcade..LOL

Last edited by cdcool; 11-24-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:40 AM   #328
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:

---Variables changed:
Using "arcade" mode
Using "slow" speed

---What I'm wondering:

hypothesis

fear

***edit***

***edit***

***edit***

***edit***

Why arcade mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »