Home

cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

This is a discussion on cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #753
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Hi, first time posting. I've based my sliders very much on yours, with a few changes so I don't expect the same results.

Just want to chip in on the conversation for consoles as I'm an XBOX player. Yes, you need to delete your profile as discussed on console to ensure your CPU v CPU matches play out the way you want, but I'm pretty sure once deleted, it's not necessary to restart your game and enter your slider adjustments again on the main menu if you go straight to CFM once you back out of settings.

What happens is the console "remembers" your slider adjustments on the main menu but your profile is gone, so no need to enter them all again. If you go into CFM, your sliders that you set as Commisioner will govern how the matches play out.

However, you do need to go back to the main menu after each game and delete your profile again, as the console will create a new profile save, which WILL affect play. That's when we start to get "crazy" matches, where QB's will throw for 500 yards, RB's will run 200+ and 3rd downs are always converted, except in the red zone, where there's an occasional stop resulting in a short FG. And scorelines go through the roof.

I'm in week 5 of my own league, all 32 teams under my control as Owner and this has been the way I've been able to get consistency in how matches play out. I've watched every match thus far and followed the advice given here, although I wouldn't want to comment on how cdcool's sliders work for me as there are a few differences and I'd already started the season before I learned about the Trait issues gone through in another thread. I'm loathe to restart having gotten this far in to this season, maybe next time.

Much appreciated on your process, I’m happy I’m on the PC. Seems like this should not be necessary at all but it is.

This why some console players were not seeing what I was seeing when using my sliders. This explains a lot!

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Operation Sports

Last edited by cdcool; 03-11-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #754
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

I will say this, When I did change the penalty sliders in the main menu, it did screw up my sliders, penalty wise. They don’t match up 100% and when I put them all all back to 50% in the Main menu, it converted back to my slider results.

As far as everything else in the main menu, I don’t think it does anything on the PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-11-2019, 05:56 PM   #755
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
I will say this, When I did change the penalty sliders in the main menu, it did screw up my sliders, penalty wise. They don’t match up 100% and when I put them all all back to 50% in the Main menu, it converted back to my slider results.

As far as everything else in the main menu, I don’t think it does anything on the PC.

Yeah I left penalty sliders alone in main menu settings.

So I'm in a game after just deleting my profile, didn't exit the game. And I legit just saw my first kickoff return for a TD by the Titans. It is week 3 lol

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by thenamesfuller; 03-11-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2019, 06:14 PM   #756
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool

I may adjust the penalty sliders on the main menu back to 50 across the board then after my next reset and see if this affects how penalties are dished out.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:44 PM   #757
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

All my months of testing, I did nothing in the Main Menu, everything off, except this week with the Penalty sliders, no need to mess with the Main Menu with the PC.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:54 PM   #758
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
I may adjust the penalty sliders on the main menu back to 50 across the board then after my next reset and see if this affects how penalties are dished out.

Let me know

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Operation Sports
Old 03-11-2019, 08:40 PM   #759
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

I've been doing default penalty sliders on main menu for 3 weeks in the game. It really varies on penalties. Most the penalties are offensive holding or roughing the Passer. The roughing the Passer penalty is very sensitive. Most the time it's called is if the QB just gets bumped. I suppose it's okay though. It makes penalties at the end of the game seem realistic as far as how many are called. I'm seeing 6 to 12 per game. They really ought to overhaul the penalties next madden though. Never see offensive PI or defensive holding.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:55 PM   #760
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenamesfuller
I've been doing default penalty sliders on main menu for 3 weeks in the game. It really varies on penalties. Most the penalties are offensive holding or roughing the Passer. The roughing the Passer penalty is very sensitive. Most the time it's called is if the QB just gets bumped. I suppose it's okay though. It makes penalties at the end of the game seem realistic as far as how many are called. I'm seeing 6 to 12 per game. They really ought to overhaul the penalties next madden though. Never see offensive PI or defensive holding.

The main menu penality sliders do match up with the in games penality settings, you can't adjust them in one number increments. The default are 50 for all of them. I tried to match it up as close as possible and got like 15 penalities for 139 yards for one team., moved them back to 50 and all was good again.

Last edited by cdcool; 03-11-2019 at 08:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »