Home

cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

This is a discussion on cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2019, 11:11 PM   #761
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Hi, first time posting. I've based my sliders very much on yours, with a few changes so I don't expect the same results.

Just want to chip in on the conversation for consoles as I'm an XBOX player. Yes, you need to delete your profile as discussed on console to ensure your CPU v CPU matches play out the way you want, but I'm pretty sure once deleted, it's not necessary to restart your game and enter your slider adjustments again on the main menu if you go straight to CFM once you back out of settings.

What happens is the console "remembers" your slider adjustments on the main menu but your profile is gone, so no need to enter them all again. If you go into CFM, your sliders that you set as Commisioner will govern how the matches play out.

However, you do need to go back to the main menu after each game and delete your profile again, as the console will create a new profile save, which WILL affect play. That's when we start to get "crazy" matches, where QB's will throw for 500 yards, RB's will run 200+ and 3rd downs are always converted, except in the red zone, where there's an occasional stop resulting in a short FG. And scorelines go through the roof.

I'm in week 5 of my own league, all 32 teams under my control as Owner and this has been the way I've been able to get consistency in how matches play out. I've watched every match thus far and followed the advice given here, although I wouldn't want to comment on how cdcool's sliders work for me as there are a few differences and I'd already started the season before I learned about the Trait issues gone through in another thread. I'm loathe to restart having gotten this far in to this season, maybe next time.
Just wanted to personally thank you for that. Saves me SO MUCH TIME in playing my league.
Although the Rams just got destroyed 41-20 with Geno Smith at helm for the Chargers. Lol. Rivers is out for 5 weeks. Smith had like a really awesome game. Think he had 4 TDs and 1 INT.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2019, 11:19 PM   #762
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
I'm getting good penalities with the my sliders. Offense and Defense
I don't believe I have seen defensive holding either, that's the game.
Yeah same. Just not realistic is all. But like you said, just the game.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:23 PM   #763
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenamesfuller
Just wanted to personally thank you for that. Saves me SO MUCH TIME in playing my league.
Although the Rams just got destroyed 41-20 with Geno Smith at helm for the Chargers. Lol. Rivers is out for 5 weeks. Smith had like a really awesome game. Think he had 4 TDs and 1 INT.

Look at the steps on the OP and let me know what needs to changed regarding playing on the Console. Thanks
Old 03-11-2019, 11:27 PM   #764
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

Quote:
Look at the steps on the OP and let me know what needs to changed regarding playing on the Console. Thanks
The only thing that needs to be changed is exiting the entire game. All you need to do is delete profile and go back into franchise and play your game.
But it needs to be done every game.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:29 PM   #765
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
The only thing that needs to be changed is exiting the entire game. All you need to do is delete profile and go back into franchise and play your game.
But it needs to be done every game.

That's what I had previously. I'll just add do it before each game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2019, 11:34 PM   #766
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

Quote:
That's what I had previously. I'll just add do it before each game.
Steps 2 through 6 you don't need to do every game though. Just do it once. Deleting profile needs to be done every game.
Sorry, just wanna make sure we're on the same page.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:40 PM   #767
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Steps 2 through 6 you don't need to do every game though. Just do it once. Deleting profile needs to be done every game.
Sorry, just wanna make sure we're on the same page.

Deleting the Profile before each game seems to be the most important for CPU vs CPU that other stuff really doesnt seem to matter.

I may start doing that, I don't think is does anything on the PC.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:21 AM   #768
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

Quote:
Deleting the Profile before each game seems to be the most important for CPU vs CPU that other stuff really doesnt seem to matter.

I may start doing that, I don't think is does anything on the PC.
Yeah I can't help you with that. It'll have to be another test thing for you. But if it doesn't change anything there's no point in doing it, obviously. Idk why it's so complicated on console. Kinda wish I had it for PC lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »