Home

New Patch: Player Speed Parity Scale

This is a discussion on New Patch: Player Speed Parity Scale within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #9
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Patch: Player Speed Parity Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
Thanks for the explanation man, some are saying different
Its all in their statement, just a little math to figure out what they did. I tested it. Lower = wider gap, 75 is default so start from there

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2018, 09:47 PM   #10
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Yes , 0 to 75 will give what 0 to 50 did before. There is just more of an extreme separation on 0 now. 50 now gives you what 0 did before the patch. Lower than 50 you are seeing way more separation than before. That is what they adjusted to allow us to tweak the difference so dls cant chase down backs...etc. its all personal preferance there really isnt a sweet spot.

Start at 75 and if it plays too tight start dropping by 5 till u get what you like.

I only play CPU vs CPU and testing 0 now
Old 10-18-2018, 09:49 PM   #11
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I would like to post is my slider forum if it's okay with you.
Np

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 11:50 PM   #12
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I've had the threshold slider at zero before the patch and zero after the patch and not really seeing any kind of difference really for those that haven't tried it yet. When I first read the patch notes I figured players would separate by like 10 yrds and would be overdone, but not the case at all. Maybe it's my slider setup, but its definitely not wide open like I thought it would be. Sometimes its hard for me to really believe in what has actually been adjusted and what hasn't.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 10-19-2018 at 01:24 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:56 AM   #13
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I've had the threshold slider at zero before the patch and zero after the patch and not really seeing any kind of difference really for those that haven't tried it yet. When I first read the patch notes I figured players would separate by like 10 yrds and would be overdone, but not the case at all. Maybe it's my slider setup, but its definitely not wide open like I thought it would be. Sometimes its hard for me to really believe in what has actually been adjusted and what hasn't.
I use 0 and testing now, it's playing differently to me somewhat but I need to test more
Old 10-19-2018, 08:02 AM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I had it at 50 before and 50 post title update. I'm liking what I see post title update vs prior update. More fluidly and less RPM crap.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #15
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I use 0 and testing now, it's playing differently to me somewhat but I need to test more
Yeah, I'll be playing more this weekend but I didnt see anything crazy like I thought it was going to be. Considering everyone is saying zero would be the new 50 or whatever some people are saying. Maybe zero turns the slider off and at 1 turns it on. ..I dunno I'm good with it at zero post patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2018, 11:48 PM   #16
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

Me and a friend of mine just finished a season in CFM with my slider set that uses Speed Thresh 0. I personally can't imagine playing it any other way. Fast guys are fast and slow guys are low.

John Ross is my slot WR, he was my no.2 for most of the season as my no.1 was out. I can tell you that he was tackled from behind plenty. I had a few long passes to him but it was just that a few.

I have no in-depth method to test speed thresh other than the eye test. It just looks/feels right on 0. 40 yard times might be off but there are many more factors than just speed that can affect the outcome.

I also have Lamar Jackson as my QB, now I am by no means a prolific runner with the QB but I run when the opportunity arises. I also run a pro spread style offense. My rushing numbers on the year were not anything to brag about with Lamar Jackson. I had a little over 500 yards rushing with him, very few of those were very long, my longest run with him on the year was 29 yards.

I use the eye test and numbers. I want players to somewhat emulate their real life counterparts. At 0 I feel that happens. Speed kills when the time is right and it happened both for me and against me. I never felt like the cpu was overpowered with their fastest players. I actually had to game plan and adjust going against the cpu but then again I should have to do that anyways.

Play what feels best for you, whatever that setting may be. Stats never lie though. Post game stats and season stats, look at the big picture. Sometimes players just have big freakin games. My best corner played great all year but sucked cow tits in the next to last game I needed him the most. He got burned like a dawg all game, but low and behold next game he was fine.

Lets stop chasing perfection in a single play or single game. See how the settings play out over the long run before judging too harshly. And while I'm here, I will shamelessly plug a link to my slider set.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...m-sliders.html

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »