Home

New Patch: Player Speed Parity Scale

This is a discussion on New Patch: Player Speed Parity Scale within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2018, 05:31 PM   #1
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

So is 0 less disparity or the true speed for all players?

That makes 100 what?

New default setting added for the Player Speed Parity Scale
DEV NOTE: To address a common piece of feedback from our community about slower players being too successful at chasing down faster players in the open field, we have stretched out the “Player Speed Parity Scale” to increase the discrepancy between players of different speeds. The scale has been expanded to almost double its default value. The goal of this tuning is make a 5-point difference in Speed feel more like a 10-point difference. If you have been playing on the default value already and would like to continue playing on that value, simply reset this value to 75 instead of 50 via the Gameplay Settings menu. However, the new value will be the default setting for online play

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by cdcool; 10-31-2018 at 05:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 08:38 PM   #2
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Patch: Player Speed Parity Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
So is 0 less disparity or the true speed for all players?

That's makes 100 what?

New default setting added for the Player Speed Parity Scale
DEV NOTE: To address a common piece of feedback from our community about slower players being too successful at chasing down faster players in the open field, we have stretched out the “Player Speed Parity Scale” to increase the discrepancy between players of different speeds. The scale has been expanded to almost double its default value. The goal of this tuning is make a 5-point difference in Speed feel more like a 10-point difference. If you have been playing on the default value already and would like to continue playing on that value, simply reset this value to 75 instead of 50 via the Gameplay Settings menu. However, the new value will be the default setting for online play

50 is the true speed for all players. 0 will make the slowest players run a 7.5 second 40, which doesn’t happen... at all. That’s what creates the separation - an abnormal gap between the fastest and slowest players. 100 does the opposite. Everyone is extremely close in terms of top end speed. It’s all personal preference.
Use what you like. I like it in the 50-55 range (under the new patch; the way it should have been all along).

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 10-18-2018, 08:52 PM   #3
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
50 is the true speed for all players. 0 will make the slowest players run a 7.5 second 40, which doesn’t happen... at all. That’s what creates the separation - an abnormal gap between the fastest and slowest players. 100 does the opposite. Everyone is extremely close in terms of top end speed. It’s all personal preference.

Use what you like. I like it in the 50-55 range (under the new patch; the way it should have been all along).

Interesting, I heard some say 0 created the most disparity, fast players are fast and slower players are slow.

So on 0 all players are faster? and on 100 players are closer in speed?

and 50 is the true speed?

EA is saying if you had it on 50 move it to 75 for the new patch

Reading some of the other posts this is totally different from what others are saying.

Last edited by cdcool; 10-18-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:07 PM   #4
MVP

tyler28's Arena

My understanding is that default value is now 75, not 50.

If you used 40 before it would be 70 now. lower 5 now for every 10 before

50=75
40=70
30=65
20=60
10=55
0=50

Its saying the lower you go the more separation you will see. Its a wider gap now with more room to play with. above 75 is a tighter gap between slower and faster players , where at 100 everyone is essentially the same speed.

I just did a test game on 70 and it felt exactually the same as what i had before at 40.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2018, 09:37 PM   #5
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
My understanding is that default value is now 75, not 50.

If you used 40 before it would be 70 now. lower 5 now for every 10 before

50=75
40=70
30=65
20=60
10=55
0=50

Its saying the lower you go the more separation you will see. Its a wider gap now with more room to play with. above 75 is a tighter gap between slower and faster players , where at 100 everyone is essentially the same speed.

I just did a test game on 70 and it felt exactually the same as what i had before at 40.

0 is the widest gap?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 09:42 PM   #6
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
0 is the widest gap?
Yes , 0 to 75 will give what 0 to 50 did before. There is just more of an extreme separation on 0 now. 50 now gives you what 0 did before the patch. Lower than 50 you are seeing way more separation than before. That is what they adjusted to allow us to tweak the difference so dls cant chase down backs...etc. its all personal preferance there really isnt a sweet spot.

Start at 75 and if it plays too tight start dropping by 5 till u get what you like.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:44 PM   #7
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Yes , 0 to 75 will give what 0 to 50 did before. There is just more of an extreme separation on 0 now. 50 now gives you what 0 did before the patch. Lower than 50 you are seeing way more separation than before. That is what they adjusted to allow us to tweak the difference so dls cant chase down backs...etc. its all personal preferance there really isnt a sweet spot.

Start at 75 and if it plays too tight start dropping by 5 till u get what you like.

Thanks for the explanation man, some are saying different
Old 10-18-2018, 09:45 PM   #8
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:

I would like to post is my slider forum if it's okay with you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »