Home

Old 10-23-2018, 08:38 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Kicking and Punting (blocked)

I had another game today with 1 blocked FG and 1 blocked punt. Both of which set up the other team for TDís. So frustrating Iím getting to the point that I want to put the game away and be done with it. If there is a way to reduce this nonsense Iíd be so happy. Iíve tried not skipping the cut scenes but it didnít work for me. Thatís the game that I stated above. There must be some way to figure this out!
Old 10-23-2018, 09:17 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

I have tried a few things but to no avail. I think this particular scenario is sort of scripted. You can see the animations put into gear as soon as ball is snapped. I think it has to do with EA's dice roll telling them how often it should happen. They need to tone this down to lower probability.

Just for clarity, I am speaking of watching cpu vs cpu or playing in Coach mode. I do not do any kicking or controlling of the defensive line in Coach mode. The cpu blocks kicks or has kicks blocked too frequently.

C
Old 10-23-2018, 09:32 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I have tried a few things but to no avail. I think this particular scenario is sort of scripted. You can see the animations put into gear as soon as ball is snapped. I think it has to do with EA's dice roll telling them how often it should happen. They need to tone this down to lower probability.

Just for clarity, I am speaking of watching cpu vs cpu or playing in Coach mode. I do not do any kicking or controlling of the defensive line in Coach mode. The cpu blocks kicks or has kicks blocked too frequently.

C
I play cpu/cpu too capa, and I might see 1 block every 5 games. Most of the blocks I see or either PATís or punts for safeties in the endzone or on long, long kicks. Sure, regular blocks still happen, itís just not near as bad as last year.because last year this problem drove me up the wall and when i quit skipping cutscenes, it helped. Didnít completely kill it, but made it a lot better.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I play cpu/cpu too capa, and I might see 1 block every 5 games. Most of the blocks I see or either PATís or punts for safeties in the endzone or on long, long kicks. Sure, regular blocks still happen, itís just not near as bad as last year.because last year this problem drove me up the wall and when i quit skipping cutscenes, it helped. Didnít completely kill it, but made it a lot better.
Gotcha. Yeah, it is weird how folks are seeing different frequencies of these things. In my watching of games, I see at least 1 block per game. Oh well, another EA inconsistency no one can seem to explain!

C
Old 10-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Gotcha. Yeah, it is weird how folks are seeing different frequencies of these things. In my watching of games, I see at least 1 block per game. Oh well, another EA inconsistency no one can seem to explain!

C
Are you using accelerated clock? This seems to negatively effect the game, too, like the skipping cutscenes.

Iíve been rolling with 9 minutes quarters and no accel and the game is improved. Qbs call audibles, get the team into better plays, more TDs.

Just feels like game was designed/programmed for the 9/no accel.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #14
F17
Rookie

OVR: 0

FGs - Look at the Tight End when they line up for the kick. If the wide player starts shuffling around, swinging his arms a bit as he gets into his stance and otherwise looking different to the rest of the people lined then you know you're gonna get a kick block animation. So I call a TO if its me kicking and I see that
Old 10-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Are you using accelerated clock? This seems to negatively effect the game, too, like the skipping cutscenes.

Iíve been rolling with 9 minutes quarters and no accel and the game is improved. Qbs call audibles, get the team into better plays, more TDs.

Just feels like game was designed/programmed for the 9/no accel.
No accelerated clock...and I let the cut scenes play out as well. Sometimes I walk away from the game for a while while it plays out and review the stats at end of game so I do not have any interaction with it while cpu vs cpu.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 11:46 AM   #16
Scoreboard

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
No accelerated clock...and I let the cut scenes play out as well. Sometimes I walk away from the game for a while while it plays out and review the stats at end of game so I do not have any interaction with it while cpu vs cpu.

C
FWIW, I see no negatives using accelerated clock (never have). CPU had over a 5 minute drive with 15 plays in the 1st qtr. Of course I'm playing the game & I skip cut scenes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »