Home

Kicking and Punting (blocked)

This is a discussion on Kicking and Punting (blocked) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2018, 04:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Kicking and Punting (blocked)

Hi guys, can someone please tell me if there is a way to reduce blocked FG’s and Punts. I find it’s happening way too often and it’s starting to ruin the game for me. Is there a slider or trait adjustment I can use? Or is there something fundamentally wrong with the game? Has anyone experienced a drop in blocks after changing anything in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2018, 04:46 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Kicking and Punting (blocked)

I've been complaining about this since they added these block kicks 2 years ago. They keep claiming it's at the same rate as nfl games but at 1 point i was seeing 1 once a game. I would like to think either the run blocking or pass blocking sliders help it because i have increased both of those for my slider set and as a placebo effect I've only seen 2 blocked kicks in about 20-25 games
Old 10-22-2018, 05:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Yes I seem to be getting about 1 a game at the moment and it’s so frustrating. I already think my pass blocking is set high so I’d be worried to go any higher as it might affect the rest of the game too. 1 block a game is WAY to high...
Old 10-22-2018, 05:54 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

Not skipping the cut scenes seems to be the only thing that will combat this. Blocks wo’t completely disappear, but they will be better. I don’t see that many.

Skipping cut scenes really makes the game play inconsistent. This was true last year as well. Seems like skipping cut scenes makes the game inconsistent and it gets worse and worse with each patch. Again, it’s following the same pattern as last year’s release.

It’s as if the game acts like it’s being rushed along if you skip cutscenes.

Also, backing out of cfm into main menu after you play a game and then reenter cfm helps with the consistency of play.

One last thing helps. Deleting your game profile. Now you’re not deleting saves and stuff, just the profile. This can be tricky. Check a youtube video before you delete profile.

Hope this helps.

There’s no sliders that pertain to blocked kicks. This is the only way you can battle it.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-22-2018, 11:37 AM   #5
Rookie

That’s a really interesting take. I had not imagined that cut scenes would make a difference to gameplay at all. Thanks for that explanation. Do you think that the use of a long snapper would make any difference. I don’t see the point of having that position if it has no impact at all...has anyone done a investigation in to his? And you would recommend exiting CFM after every game and then loading again, I hadn’t thought of that either...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1
That’s a really interesting take. I had not imagined that cut scenes would make a difference to gameplay at all. Thanks for that explanation. Do you think that the use of a long snapper would make any difference. I don’t see the point of having that position if it has no impact at all...has anyone done a investigation in to his? And you would recommend exiting CFM after every game and then loading again, I hadn’t thought of that either...
I don’t think the long snapper’s ratings has much to do with blocked kicks and punts.

Feels like when it happens, it’s more like a dice roll type thing, but when you skip the cut scenes, the odds for blocks happening increases. Not skipping cut scenes, I think I may have had 2 blocks in 1 game once this release.

The game is really unstable when you skip the cut scenes. Like i said previously, it just feels like the game thinks it’s being rushed when you skip the cut scenes.

Just play a game where you don’t skip scenes, not even halftime or the pregame stuff. Just play the game and don’t skip cut scenes.

Some of you guys may be surprised at what you see.

Also, the game is way more consistent when you DON’T USE accelerated clock and 9 minute quarters. The accelerated clock is like skipping the cutscenes, it just rushes the game. The

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #7
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1
Hi guys, can someone please tell me if there is a way to reduce blocked FG’s and Punts. I find it’s happening way too often and it’s starting to ruin the game for me. Is there a slider or trait adjustment I can use? Or is there something fundamentally wrong with the game? Has anyone experienced a drop in blocks after changing anything in the game?
It has alot to do with how your kicking it and holding the button (if your playing the game).

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 10-22-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:26 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

I do see an abundance of blocked kicks when watching cpu vs cpu or in Coach mode. I think they need to tweak their "dice roll" logic to not be so frequent.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »