Home

Old 10-25-2018, 07:33 AM   #9
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: User coverage post patch

I have not played man coverage in Maddens for years its been awful for a long time... zone can be "fairly" affective but even that has issues.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:13 AM   #10
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

It looks to me that the players are hyperactive in trying to go for picks instead of playing the receiver. Have any of you experiencing this issue tried setting your pass coverage coach adjustment setting to "play receiver"?

If that adjustment were to clean it up, then that could suggest some possible slider tweaks.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:39 AM   #11
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It looks to me that the players are hyperactive in trying to go for picks instead of playing the receiver. Have any of you experiencing this issue tried setting your pass coverage coach adjustment setting to "play receiver"?

If that adjustment were to clean it up, then that could suggest some possible slider tweaks.

I havenít tried that. Thatís why Iím glad you slider guruís are here because that would never once cross my mind to ever do that haha. I can try tonight tho after work. Or if somebody else tries that let us know how it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #12
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I havenít tried that. Thatís why Iím glad you slider guruís are here because that would never once cross my mind to ever do that haha. I can try tonight tho after work. Or if somebody else tries that let us know how it works!

This is why us "slider gurus" beg people for videos showing issues. Had you not posted them, I would've just kept on browsing through the forums and never responded to this thread. But I've seen those types of animations in previous games over the years when something is off-kilter.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:18 AM   #13
Wasteland 3-Now Playing

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Setting the coaching adjustment to play receiver or swat will work, but editing traits works also. Setting linemen and linebackers to "conservative" play ball in the air and DB's to "balanced" will stop defenders from going for picks when they have no chance of getting the ball. Defenders who are in great position to get picks will still get them when they should. Players who have the "aggressive" trait will often make completely illogical attempts on the ball.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:08 AM   #14
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Setting the coaching adjustment to play receiver or swat will work, but editing traits works also. Setting linemen and linebackers to "conservative" play ball in the air and DB's to "balanced" will stop defenders from going for picks when they have no chance of getting the ball. Defenders who are in great position to get picks will still get them when they should. Players who have the "aggressive" trait will often make completely illogical attempts on the ball.

I actually use those trait edits

Old 10-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #15
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This is why us "slider gurus" beg people for videos showing issues. Had you not posted them, I would've just kept on browsing through the forums and never responded to this thread. But I've seen those types of animations in previous games over the years when something is off-kilter.

Well Iím interested and excited to see if it works. Thanks for your input I really appreciate it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2018, 11:20 AM   #16
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
So you're saying that if defenders have the trait set to "aggressive" that the behavior shown in the videos is completely acceptable and realistic? If you were to respond, "no, of course not" (which I am guessing you would), then that tells us something. The issue is not the player traits, but it is a fundamental flaw in the game's balancing on All Madden....because the traits play just fine on All Pro and below.

A slider fix SHOULD allow players with all three trait settings to play true to them. But the fix needs to be directed at the flaw itself....which is the hyper-aggression to go for the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »