Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2018, 07:53 PM   #25
Scoreboard
 
Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,876
Re: User coverage post patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I’m trying to think of a common denominator here, I use trait edits as well as a large majority of people here on OS. Could this all the sudden be due to the conservative pass trait that linebackers are set at?


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Hmmm, I dont think so. I just think it's just bad programming which is a common place with Madden. I've seen the same things last yr, were the game slows your player in coverage, player hitches, or takes the worst covering angle known to man to aid the cpu. Maybe it's a sim mode thing because on competitive if this would be happening on the big stage it would of been fixed already. Maybe it's because they removed Defensive holding?, never seen this when Defensive holding was in the game.

Last edited by Milticket; 10-25-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2018, 10:37 PM   #26
Pro
 
Jagsfan24's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2016
Re: User coverage post patch

So who is playing on competitive mode instead of sim?
Jagsfan24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:52 AM   #27
MVP
 
Rmiok222's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Re: User coverage post patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
So who is playing on competitive mode instead of sim?


Iím playing sim, why do you ask? Am I missing something on competitive?


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rmiok222 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #28
Banned
 
BegBy's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: User coverage post patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It looks to me that the players are hyperactive in trying to go for picks instead of playing the receiver. Have any of you experiencing this issue tried setting your pass coverage coach adjustment setting to "play receiver"?

If that adjustment were to clean it up, then that could suggest some possible slider tweaks.



I've said it 100 times on these forums and it's one of the primary issues with the game. Defenders are all hard coded to make a huge play. They will always go for a tip or an INT, when in reality a defender would go for a safe tackle or even try to poke the ball loose if they were really close when the receiver is catching/caught the ball.



The fact that defenders don't adhere to the laws of physics and at times can be psychic only perpetuates said problem. I'd be launching 3 yards from the back of the receiver to deflect a ball I didn't see coming 2 yards in front of the receiver if I could too. Especially if I did it successfully 60% of the time. Reality is - defenders very, very often go for a safe tackle as to avoid a big gain and losing their job. I see more LB's deflect more passes in 2 games (spectacularly) than the average LB gets in an entire season.



There doesn't seem to be a roster edit that helps with this. Hence me saying it's hard coded. It's gross. Needs to be fixed, badly.
BegBy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #29
Scoreboard
 
Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,876
Re: User coverage post patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I've said it 100 times on these forums and it's one of the primary issues with the game. Defenders are all hard coded to make a huge play. They will always go for a tip or an INT, when in reality a defender would go for a safe tackle or even try to poke the ball loose if they were really close when the receiver is catching/caught the ball.



The fact that defenders don't adhere to the laws of physics and at times can be psychic only perpetuates said problem. I'd be launching 3 yards from the back of the receiver to deflect a ball I didn't see coming 2 yards in front of the receiver if I could too. Especially if I did it successfully 60% of the time. Reality is - defenders very, very often go for a safe tackle as to avoid a big gain and losing their job. I see more LB's deflect more passes in 2 games (spectacularly) than the average LB gets in an entire season.



There doesn't seem to be a roster edit that helps with this. Hence me saying it's hard coded. It's gross. Needs to be fixed, badly.
Alot of the issue is the jump ratings in the EA stock roster. Some linebackers are in the 90's yes 90's!!!. Better jump ratings than cbs & safeties. I edit the jump rating down 20 pts or so for all Linebackers and pretty much helps the issue. Not sure what data EA goes off of, but not every real life number translates into Madden very well.
Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:57 AM   #30
Banned
 
BegBy's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: User coverage post patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Alot of the issue is the jump ratings in the EA stock roster. Some linebackers are in the 90's yes 90's!!!. Better jump ratings than cbs & safeties. I edit the jump rating down 20 pts or so for all Linebackers and pretty much helps the issue. Not sure what data EA goes off of, but not every real life number translates into Madden very well.

I've knocked down every defender's jump rating. DB's by 15, LB's by 20 and linemen by 30. It's still an issue. Maybe less so, but an issue for sure.


I think there are a few DT's with 80-90 jump. I'd have to be on something to try and qualify their ratings. They just seem arbitrary to me.
BegBy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #31
Scoreboard
 
Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,876
Re: User coverage post patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I've knocked down every defender's jump rating. DB's by 15, LB's by 20 and linemen by 30. It's still an issue. Maybe less so, but an issue for sure.


I think there are a few DT's with 80-90 jump. I'd have to be on something to try and qualify their ratings. They just seem arbitrary to me.
Yeah, it goes together with slider settings factoring in.
Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 09:20 AM   #32
Rookie
 
Baller Osiris's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Harlem, New York
Re: User coverage post patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I've said it 100 times on these forums and it's one of the primary issues with the game. Defenders are all hard coded to make a huge play. They will always go for a tip or an INT, when in reality a defender would go for a safe tackle or even try to poke the ball loose if they were really close when the receiver is catching/caught the ball.



The fact that defenders don't adhere to the laws of physics and at times can be psychic only perpetuates said problem. I'd be launching 3 yards from the back of the receiver to deflect a ball I didn't see coming 2 yards in front of the receiver if I could too. Especially if I did it successfully 60% of the time. Reality is - defenders very, very often go for a safe tackle as to avoid a big gain and losing their job. I see more LB's deflect more passes in 2 games (spectacularly) than the average LB gets in an entire season.



There doesn't seem to be a roster edit that helps with this. Hence me saying it's hard coded. It's gross. Needs to be fixed, badly.
Not to give EA a pass because their sliders are vague and have taken me years to define, but your problem lies in the Pass Coverage Slider.

Quick little explanation:

Pass Defense Reaction = How quickly defenders process information in real time. This should always be at 100 for user and cpu imo, this makes defenders read the field quicker. You can see this by the fact that on 100, the defenders turn their heads more to read the field instead of just staying focused on one thing for too long and stops the dumb Ai from bugging out. This is the man coverage/zone slider.

Pass Coverage = How Quickly defenders respond to passes thrown(Still testing, but 30-35 is the sweet spot. This slows their reaction time to the pass down enough to where they wont respond to the pass until the ball has been thrown beyond the line of scrimmage, which is pretty realistic imo)

Literally the pass coverage slider is set at least 10 points too high. It makes for very unrealistic swats and interceptions by defenders who aren't in the play.
Baller Osiris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.

Top -