Home

Skundy's ZeroBased All-Madden Realisim Sliders

This is a discussion on Skundy's ZeroBased All-Madden Realisim Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 01-15-2019, 09:37 PM   #49
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Skundy's ZeroBased All-Madden Realisim Sliders

To fix the players mix up you have make sure to choose the right venue (home or away) at the top of the box score page, happened to me a few times before I figured it out. I wouldn't worry about it, its no biggie, I think folks can figure it out.

Thanks for the feedback. Please by all means post your stats and summary. I like to hear how the game played and felt, helps me know where I need to make adjustments.

Looks like it was a tough game. Bet it was fun though. Did you ever feel cheated or "All-Maddened"? My goal was to create a challenging All-Madden set without the user feeling like the CPU cheated them.

I haven't played with a high powered QB so I'm glad to see good numbers from the Hum pass game. QB completion %'s look good as well.

Would really like to see the stats from a few games of you playing with 15 min qtrs/ 15 accel clock to see how the play count averages out over those games.

Play count was on the high side of average but still within range so that is good. Prob would have been a bit lower if you weren't having to play catch up. The stats look great.

"According to Pro Football Reference, every team in the NFL this season has run between 947 (Cincinnati) and 1178 (Philadelphia) offensive plays through 14 games. That's an average of 67 - 84 plays per game for the offense. That's roughly 134 - 168 total plays per game."

I enjoy the fact that getting behind with these sliders truly makes it an uphill battle. I hate getting behind bc my QB and WR are all 80 and below, makes it challenging if I can't get my run game going early.

Did you notice any odd animations or glitches?

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 01-15-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:07 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Played my first game with these sliders. I was Panthers against Saints. I was abit concerned early that the saints were just doing check down and didnít know if it was the sliders or their playbook. There was a couple of great plays by them on a few occasions. Had them third and long and Drew his an awesome comeback to Bryant which was just past the sticks. Looked cool. Was keeping them in check until later when Brees hit Thomas for a huge Td because I got caught cheating up abit too much from the safety spot.
I was fine with this as it put my mind at ease about the check downs. I clawed my way infront only for them to fight their way back and score with 15seconds left to have the scores tied. The final drive wasnít any BS on all madden at all. I went for a pick and missed, Ginn caught it but was pulled down at the 5.
I felt like my run game was abit over powered, my stats werenít crazy in anyway but I just felt that if I got infront I would have no problem running out the game. Until they stone walled me and I had to punt.
Iím still shutting down CPU run game but I think that just might be the way I play. Iíve tried numerous slider sets and I just feel I have a handle on it. Is there any changes you recommend? Like lowering user tackle? Or raising cpu run block?
I also managed 5 sacks against Breeís, not worried about this atm, will see how the next few games play out.
Other then all that I really enjoyed how it played and was good to see the CPU get TDs and move the ball.
Unfortunately I got to overtime and had to turn off the game or I would be late for work. So now I have to sit here and just wait until tomorrow haha
Old 01-16-2019, 07:32 AM   #51
Rookie

ThePatriotWay's Arena

Some random thoughts of mine after playing a few more games, my biggest complaint seems to be the amount of injuries. I keep losing key players left and right for several weeks so I might drop down the injury slider a tiny bit.

Aside from that, kicking and punting seems too strong or easy, I am making 60yd FG with ease as well as pinning punts deep for a touchback well from within my own maybe 40 (can’t recall but there are rarely any returns since I can easily pin it). Speaking of FG, I have noticed that the CPU is blocking a good amount of FG kicks overall (especially when the kicks are very important to gain a lead).

Moving on, Playing defense is pretty easy with cover 4 and 3 between 4-3, 3-4, and 3-3-5. I can easily shut them down with these formations and zone coverages.

Cover 2 zone seems useless for some reason, but man is alright.

Cover 1 is a hit or miss if the WR is better than your CB. The majority of the time, my guy will get beat so I don’t use it much.

As for offense, this is where most of my troubles are coming from, I am an interception machine (about 3 per game) and most of my runs get shutdown before I reach the skirmish line. I have to really be careful here just to move the chains but I welcome the challenge.

Long story short, I went 1-4 up to week 5 so I have some work to do. However, I did lose Brady and I got stuck with Hoyer for two of the games. xD Most games were close in score.

I’m not entirely sure if I just suck or if the CPU is OP lol with certain things such as run and pass defense. I’ll probably restart and share some more stats now that I know what to expect from the sliders.

On a side note, I may have missed setting the speed threshold, I’ll check tomorrow. Is that the parity setting in game?

Last edited by ThePatriotWay; 01-16-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2019, 12:33 PM   #52
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy_87
Played my first game with these sliders. I was Panthers against Saints. I was abit concerned early that the saints were just doing check down and didn’t know if it was the sliders or their playbook. There was a couple of great plays by them on a few occasions. Had them third and long and Drew his an awesome comeback to Bryant which was just past the sticks. Looked cool. Was keeping them in check until later when Brees hit Thomas for a huge Td because I got caught cheating up abit too much from the safety spot.
I was fine with this as it put my mind at ease about the check downs. I clawed my way infront only for them to fight their way back and score with 15seconds left to have the scores tied. The final drive wasn’t any BS on all madden at all. I went for a pick and missed, Ginn caught it but was pulled down at the 5.
I felt like my run game was abit over powered, my stats weren’t crazy in anyway but I just felt that if I got infront I would have no problem running out the game. Until they stone walled me and I had to punt.
I’m still shutting down CPU run game but I think that just might be the way I play. I’ve tried numerous slider sets and I just feel I have a handle on it. Is there any changes you recommend? Like lowering user tackle? Or raising cpu run block?
I also managed 5 sacks against Bree’s, not worried about this atm, will see how the next few games play out.
Other then all that I really enjoyed how it played and was good to see the CPU get TDs and move the ball.
Unfortunately I got to overtime and had to turn off the game or I would be late for work. So now I have to sit here and just wait until tomorrow haha

Thanks for the feedback Neddy. If after a few games you still feel like your Run D is too strong I would lower human tackle in increments of 5 until it fits your style.

As far as your offensive run game I would lower hum run block in increments of 5 if after a few games you still feel its overpowered.

Are you seeing too good of running lanes/blocking or are your RB just dominating and breaking tackles?

Were all settings set as posted or did you make adjustments before game? Just trying to get a baseline of where you are at.

Thanks again for trying my sliders.

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 01-16-2019, 01:39 PM   #53
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatriotWay
Some random thoughts of mine after playing a few more games, my biggest complaint seems to be the amount of injuries. I keep losing key players left and right for several weeks so I might drop down the injury slider a tiny bit.

Aside from that, kicking and punting seems too strong or easy, I am making 60yd FG with ease as well as pinning punts deep for a touchback well from within my own maybe 40 (can’t recall but there are rarely any returns since I can easily pin it). Speaking of FG, I have noticed that the CPU is blocking a good amount of FG kicks overall (especially when the kicks are very important to gain a lead).

Moving on, Playing defense is pretty easy with cover 4 and 3 between 4-3, 3-4, and 3-3-5. I can easily shut them down with these formations and zone coverages.

Cover 2 zone seems useless for some reason, but man is alright.

Cover 1 is a hit or miss if the WR is better than your CB. The majority of the time, my guy will get beat so I don’t use it much.

As for offense, this is where most of my troubles are coming from, I am an interception machine (about 3 per game) and most of my runs get shutdown before I reach the skirmish line. I have to really be careful here just to move the chains but I welcome the challenge.

Long story short, I went 1-4 up to week 5 so I have some work to do. However, I did lose Brady and I got stuck with Hoyer for two of the games. xD Most games were close in score.

I’m not entirely sure if I just suck or if the CPU is OP lol with certain things such as run and pass defense. I’ll probably restart and share some more stats now that I know what to expect from the sliders.

On a side note, I may have missed setting the speed threshold, I’ll check tomorrow. Is that the parity setting in game?

Thanks for your feedback Patriot.

A lot of guys say 23 is the sweet spot for the injury slider. Give it a shot and see if it works better for you. I had 5 injuries going into week 8, none longer than 6 weeks. I may try 23 as well if I end up getting way too many but I like the mix of short term and long term injuries I'm getting in game. QTR length could be having an affect on injuries as well.

For kicking/punting. You can always turn down FG power and Punt accuracy. How has the wind been in those games? Wind is wonky this year. I don't know what to do about the blocked kicks, I've had a few happen to me but not many. I've been thinking of lowering FG power to 52 and Punt Accuracy to 50.

I use a wide variety of plays/formations on defense and I've had success or failure with all of them depending on the situation. I built my team around Man to Man so I tend to have more trouble using zone coverages. I play a lot of Man. If you feel its to easy you can lower HUM Pass Coverage and HUM Pass Reaction by 10.

Offense Its hard to say because you seem to be having issues with both the run and the pass. Let me know how a few more games go for you and some stats and we will see what we can adjust to help you out.

Speed threshold and speed parity are the same. If that was not set right then it may have been the route of your problems. Let me know if it was or wasn't set right.

Did you adjust the penalties in both the main menu and CFM? Because a few of them have 1 pt increment adjustments that need to be made in CFM. Also Intentional Grounding will have to be turned off in CFM even if you turned it off in the Main Menu.

Hope this helps.

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 01-16-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #54
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Quick question to both Neddy and Patriot. Neither of you mentioned penalties and I'm just curious if they seemed out of hand for you guys?

Me personally I average about 4 penalties a game. Overall penalties are lower than NFL averages but that is because we are so limited. Some penalties just don't get called but I would still rather have some. The penalties have a big effect on gameplay as well.

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 01-16-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:07 PM   #55
Rookie

ThePatriotWay's Arena

Penalties seem fine to me, I mostly get holding and facemask calls. I also get about a few per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2019, 04:18 PM   #56
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Bout all I get as well. Holding, facemask, roughing the passer. I had a DEF PI called in the game I lost to the Falcons in my CFM. I've also had a few illegal touching calls, maybe 1 per season.

On a different note I can't figure out why all of my replies have weird spacing, I single space in between paragraphs but when I post it double spaces. Weird.

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 01-16-2019 at 04:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »