Home

Skundy's ZeroBased All-Madden Realisim Sliders

This is a discussion on Skundy's ZeroBased All-Madden Realisim Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2019, 08:39 AM   #65
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Skundy's ZeroBased All-Madden Realisim Sliders

Neddy

Adjust to your style. Every Madden player has their strengths and weaknesses so I really stress good self assessment of your play style and adjust accordingly until you reach the level of challenge you are looking for.

I run so many diff formations on defense. Technically I'm a Multiple 3-4 base but I run a lot of Nickel and Dime 2-3-6 and against the run I use a lot of 4-6 and 5-2. I mix some dollar in on passing downs.

I love defense. I love running the ball and chewing up clock. Passing serves a purpose I reckon lol.

Offensively I run a custom playbook with zero Iform formations. Singleback, Pistol, Wildcat, Shotgun. Its a lot of fun. I use a lot of motion and deception and I move guys around a lot.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2019, 09:16 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sounds like we play very similar my man. I think that’s where a lot of people go wrong with all madden or nay struggle. The CPU knows what ur picking, so you have to adjust. Using the right type of motion to get a bead on what they’re doing or using it to get a better match up makes such a difference in moving the ball. I find the hi and low throws help a lot with Ints too. Having the ball skip across the dirt is way better then throwing a BS int on a slant. Really have to use a full arsenal in all madden. I’ll keep plugging away and report back. Great job again mate. Cheers
Old 01-19-2019, 03:08 AM   #67
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Just played a nail biter that had me on the edge of my seat the whole game. Final score was 26-25 vs the Titans. I won but it was close.

Not much offense in the first half. Score was 12-7 at halftime. I busted a lucky 60 yd td pass off a screen to McCaffery as time ran out in the 2nd qtr but missed the extra point.

J. Brisset was hot all game, killing me over the middle with Deion Jones out (one more week and I'm ready bc my defense has taken a step back for sure).

Ellington returned a kick 50 yds setting up the Titans with good field position late in the 2nd qtr but my defense stood tall and Brissett fumbled on the 5 trying to run into the end zone.

Brissett finished with 70% completion but his hot streak ended late in the 4th throwing INT on back to back drives.

My run game was hot and passing was serviceable enough to get the win. Was a fun but exhausting game.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Tennessee Titans
Jan 19, 20191ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-2 (86ovr)397726
Tennessee Titans (3-4 (80ovr)0715325
Team Stats Comparison
TAMTEN
Total Offense431423
Rushing Yards23961
Passing Yards192362
First Downs1716
Punt Return Yards00
Kick Return Yards12071
Total Yards551494
Turnovers04
3rd Down Conversion86
4th Down Conversion00
2-Point Conversion01
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/21/0
Penalties16 yds22 yds
Posession Time27:0924:48
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Allen17/3219210
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R. Anderson1114012.72
C. McCaffrey191005.30
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
E. Engram4297.30
AJ Brown4307.50
C. McCaffrey38227.31
T. Higbee3237.70
DK Metcalf2136.50
J. Ross11515.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
R. Shazier13100
P. Onwuasor8000
X. Howard7000
A. Barr6000
T. Mathieu5000
R. Nkemdiche5200
B. Hill4100
A. Brown3000
J. Smith3010
D. Irving2000
DJ Reader2000
K. Young2000
D. Dennard1010
I. Marshall1000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
J. Elliott2/22/337
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
JK Scott419443.50
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Ross412030.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
AJ Brown1000
Tennessee Titans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Brissett26/3739132
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Weber11343.10
K. Ballage5214.20
J. Brissettt16.06.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Reed715021.41
J. Crowder710314.71
T. Gabriel57414.81
K. Ballage3113.70
T. Taylor34816.00
M. Weber155.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
S. Gilmore8000
J. Smith7000
L. David6000
D. Payne4000
C. Geathers4000
M. Butler3000
X. Woods3000
B. Gedeon3000
K. Webster3000
T. Charlton2000
S. Ray2000
K. Martin2000
T. Mullen1000
S. Thomas1000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
C. Parkey1/13/340
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
B. Pinion313244..02
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
B. Ellington152.052.00
T. Taylor11919.00

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 01-19-2019 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:31 AM   #68
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy_87
Sounds like we play very similar my man. I think that’s where a lot of people go wrong with all madden or nay struggle. The CPU knows what ur picking, so you have to adjust. Using the right type of motion to get a bead on what they’re doing or using it to get a better match up makes such a difference in moving the ball. I find the hi and low throws help a lot with Ints too. Having the ball skip across the dirt is way better then throwing a BS int on a slant. Really have to use a full arsenal in all madden. I’ll keep plugging away and report back. Great job again mate. Cheers

I agree completely. I will motion to see what type of defense they are playing or I could motion to load the line then 2 plays later run the same play, same motion but run the ball to the opposite side.

Not as easy to deceive the CPU by stringing/linking plays together as it is another user but you can still do it. Sometimes I motion a TE to the outside to move a defender then run the ball, a couple of plays later and I'll do the same but pass.

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 01-29-2019, 04:17 PM   #69
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Just played my first game with these sliders. My main issue recently has been that in the three franchises I've played (Buffalo, Denver, and Green Bay) my defense has always ranked close to last and my offense first. Didn't matter my personnel or anything. each franchise felt the same. The yards per play had been insane, between 7-9 for me and the CPU.

These sliders felt great! As Green Bay in year two my 87ovr defense just suffocated Denver's 70ovr offense. My offense was able to score at a good clip but only had one real big play (before Denver was totally out of it) when Adams roasted Yiadom off the line. Miller and Chubb forced quick passes the rest of the game. The tired Denver defense couldn't tackle CJ Anderson at the end of the game and I ran all over them in the 4th to close out a 31-3 win. Despite some big runs I ripped off in the 4th on their tired defense my YPP was "only" 6.7, theirs was a pitiful 3.3. The ratings really felt like they mattered.

Felt great, next week we are on the road in Detroit. They are 4-1 and Stafford has been red hot, so I'm hoping their offense gives our defense a bit more trouble. Can't wait to play it though.

Last edited by phillies6f; 01-29-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:03 PM   #70
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies6f
Just played my first game with these sliders. My main issue recently has been that in the three franchises I've played (Buffalo, Denver, and Green Bay) my defense has always ranked close to last and my offense first. Didn't matter my personnel or anything. each franchise felt the same. The yards per play had been insane, between 7-9 for me and the CPU.

These sliders felt great! As Green Bay in year two my 87ovr defense just suffocated Denver's 70ovr offense. My offense was able to score at a good clip but only had one real big play (before Denver was totally out of it) when Adams roasted Yiadom off the line. Miller and Chubb forced quick passes the rest of the game. The tired Denver defense couldn't tackle CJ Anderson at the end of the game and I ran all over them in the 4th to close out a 31-3 win. Despite some big runs I ripped off in the 4th on their tired defense my YPP was "only" 6.7, theirs was a pitiful 3.3. The ratings really felt like they mattered.

Felt great, next week we are on the road in Detroit. They are 4-1 and Stafford has been red hot, so I'm hoping their offense gives our defense a bit more trouble. Can't wait to play it though.

Thanks for the feedback Phillies. Glad to hear you are getting proper defensive play from a strong rated defensive team.

Let me know how the Detroit game went. Did you defense continue playing well?

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 01-30-2019, 02:28 PM   #71
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skundy
Thanks for the feedback Phillies. Glad to hear you are getting proper defensive play from a strong rated defensive team.

Let me know how the Detroit game went. Did you defense continue playing well?
We won in Detroit, got to Stafford early with our pass rush and forced a pick. I play a similar style to you it sounds like (although I focus more on quick passing to TEs and RBs). Once we had the lead it was tough for them to come back, although they certainly played better than Denver. We won 31-17. Then in Philly we got the win 33-20 (Wentz to Ertz was tough to stop). Just had a game at home against the Giants, who were missing Barkley and Sherpard. Eli lit us up, primarily targeting Engram. Alexander kept OBJ in check. We ended up winning 45-20.

Everything is playing flawlessly except for the user run game, it has been way too easy for me to rip off huge runs and there are way way too many broken tackles. Aaron Jones and CJ Anderson are both averaging 7.3 ypc (through 8 games) and every game it seems like they will break off at least one 80 yard run with 5-6 broken tackles. Now, I love seeing broken tackles and I wouldn't mind if these runs happened more rarely, but it's just too often.

Especially with Aaron Jones, who isn't really a power runner. In the game against NY his very first carry was up the middle and he shook off three tackles and was gone for 80 yards. He broke off another 60 yarder later and just before half CJ took a quick pass 50 yards and shook off 7 tackles. I love seeing RB's fight for yards, but every run shouldn't look like Beast Quake. I am playing with That Franchise Guy's roster which has lowered ratings across the board so I imagine the broken tackles may be a product of that so I don't expect you to have a quick fix. But if I want to prevent myself from ripping off these huge runs what would you recommend? Raising CPU tackle? I just am not sure if that will have unintended effects elsewhere, and again I think every other aspect is playing perfectly.

Last edited by phillies6f; 01-30-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2019, 03:00 AM   #72
Rookie

reMicXz's Arena

OVR: 2

As i would always recommend with any set. User AI pass coverage needs work, its WAAY too loose, players with 80+ coverage ratings shouldnt be breaking on the receivers route cut after a full 2 seconds leaving almost 8 yards of cushion. The main problem with Madden today is all of these sliders do effect a lot of things but the CPU is NEVER penalized for being out of position or exploiting a mismatch seen pre snap. Now this has not much to do with the sliders here but its a fact.

But for example i just ran some hurry up offense against the Rams and for some unforsaken reason Suh was lined up against JARVIS LANDRY. I put Landry on a streak since theres no way in hell he can cover right? NOPE! To make matters worse the FS played in the box showing blitz. Ndamukong Suh ran stride for stride with Jarvis Landry on a streak and managed to trigger an animation of him breaking up the pass as if he was a DB (yea, he jumped...) I had to turn the game off.

This game is just unfortunately unable to be saved at this point and now the updates are done so this pile of mess is what we're stuck with. I truly feel bad for those that dont play on PC and have the luxury of Nectar or Sabo's mod at their disposal. This might be the absolute worst thing ive seen as long as ive been playing this game since 1993. With that said, I think i know why Rex is really gone from the team..Might be time to dust the 360 off again soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »