Home

Is it just me?

This is a discussion on Is it just me? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it just me?

Is it just me or does the animations and the overall gameplay look and play better on Allpro difficulty ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2018, 04:27 PM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is it just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukesofHazzard
Is it just me or does the animations and the overall gameplay look and play better on Allpro difficulty ?
Compared to All Madden? Absolutely, always has IMO.

But here's the kicker....Pro looks/animates even better than All Pro.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:55 PM   #3
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Hmmm. I think it plays better & animates better on slower speeds not necessarily skill level.Way better foot planting on slower speeds. Normal speed, everything is to hyper & overboard imo.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Hmmm. I think it plays better & animates better on slower speeds not necessarily skill level.Way better foot planting on slower speeds. Normal speed, everything is to hyper & overboard imo.

What's a good speed threshold for slow game speed? Higher or lower number?
Old 10-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #5
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
What's a good speed threshold for slow game speed? Higher or lower number?
I've always gone lower the better imo. Less suctioning that way. I feel if it's too close together otherwise everything suctions together. Syncing line interactions , defenders vs the run, warping, shifting etc.... to each his own however.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 10-30-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2018, 10:06 AM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
It's a little bit of both IMO. Slower game speeds absolutely look better....I doubt that anyone would argue that.

BUT, as you go up in difficulty, the "hyperness/twitchiness" increases each step upwards. So, Pro/Normal is not at all the same as All Madden/Normal - AM is going to be significantly more twitchy. Now, to circle back to your point, Normal speed on Pro is slower than normal speed is on All Pro/All Madden....so part of the observation of difficulty impacting this is due to the speeds varying a bit.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:01 AM   #7
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Compared to All Madden? Absolutely, always has IMO.

But here's the kicker....Pro looks/animates even better than All Pro.

It's true. You'll see more animations on Pro, probably because they are tuned more in favor of the offense. It sucks that I don't see those animations on All Pro. It just seems to flow better on Pro, but the CPU plays quite bad - specifically they run so terribly it makes All Pro look good.

Played a game on Pro last night whilst taking a break from Red Dead 2 and I saw 3 WR/DB interactions that were fantastic. Only one was in favor of the DB, but it actually looked real.

If anyone can find a slider/roster combination for Pro I'd happily pay money.

To be fair I never play All Madden because I just find it really forced and certainly not organic. It's possible these animations I mentioned are seen more often at that difficulty level also.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:05 AM   #8
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I've always gone lower the better imo. Less suctioning that way. I feel if it's too close together otherwise everything suctions together. Syncing line interactions , defenders vs the run, warping, shifting etc.... to each his own however.

I play slow/All pro. I'd play very slow, but I find it a little slow for longer plays and when combined with stamina issues (speaking from my experience, that is) if I end up gassed while on very slow I just can't stomach a 24 second 50 yard dash to the house, haha.

Sure would love a slow Pro slider/roster set that'd produce a challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »