Home

Trying to better understand sliders

This is a discussion on Trying to better understand sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2018, 03:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Trying to better understand sliders

Hello slider-gurus!

I have read over many of your slider sets/rationale and find that it is very interesting to help me understand game play. I have a few questions as I try to make tweaks based on my own experience, though I'm not necessarily looking for specific slider sets.

Question number 1- Is there research done as far as setting all sliders to 100 or 0? What effect does this have on the game? My thought process stems from wondering if sliders are essentially a multiplier. If set to say, 100, would it multiply each player's attributes by 100%, creating the truest ratings disparity? Or do I have this backwards?

Question number 2- Do people find that it creates a more realistic feel by playing on a lower difficulty and handicapping the user or playing on a high difficulty and handicapping the AI?

Question number 3- Is there a specific thread related to the effects traits have on players (looking at those that changed sense pressure on running backs to get a more natural running style).

Question number 4- Same as 3 but with penalties.

I realize this is a lot but I was hoping to synthesize some of the information in all of these sets to just better understand the effects (both overt and underlying) of all the tweaks to gameplay.

Thanks, I'll hang-up and listen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #2
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Re: Trying to better understand sliders

I have 2 threads. Sliders settings and traits editing. One should be able to provide you with some answers
Old 11-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #3
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

I assume set at 50 then the ratings givin to the player is what they will play at and anything above will boost them and anything below will weaken them.
I could be wrong but I've read a handful of posters sliders settings and none really explain this so i dont know if they know or they just like how their game plays on those sliders.
Also reading others play experience I get the impression that not every console plays the game the same. For example Some get massive fumbles while I don't get that many when set at the same setting, while some do get similar results.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 11-11-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:33 AM   #4
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

I had been researching and tweaking with game settings for years. Within the last year or so I, and many others we're fortunate enough to benefit from the threads started by a select few. I took one piece of info and combined it with another and yet another finally forming a formidable concoction. Best way to put it is I took others suggestions,added a custom ingredient or two of my own, and baked a pretty good tasting cake! I'm not that tech savvy or knowledgeable about specifics. I recommend you select a set and enter each setting exactly as described,and go from there. Don't look at things individually, but collectively or you may feel overwhelmed. Example if you try someone's sliders and all is well except to many interceptions, adjust interceptions for a quick fix. Don't try and attempt to make multiple adjustments all at once. I consider TommyCoa as a a mentor of sorts. As a gifted author his explanations are both in depth and informative. Good luck with your testing !

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »