Home

The Cure for Warping/Suction: 77 Speed Threshold

This is a discussion on The Cure for Warping/Suction: 77 Speed Threshold within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 11-02-2018, 09:03 AM   #1
Rookie

Baller Osiris's Arena

OVR: 0
The Cure for Warping/Suction: 77 Speed Threshold

Quick observation from testing the literal in game impact of the speed threshold slider, has led me to conclude that 77 is the best possible setting that would allow every player on the field to move independent of the speed threshold forcefield.

Speed Threshold is a Field "Compensation" slider per say. Not at all a minimum player speed slider.

Ive tested every value in increments of 5 until i came to my conclusion. From 0 to 100.

What i have found is that the speed threshold slider is actually responsible for the speed gap between interacting offensive and defensive players, not the base speed for the entire field of play.

The speed threshold mainly kicks in when an offensive and defensive player are in the same vicinity as one another. The speed threshold will then determine how much space between these two players are allowable.

At 0 threshold, faster players are compensated at the expense of slower players.

At 100 threshold, slower players are compensated at the expense of faster players

This compensation plays out in one of the worst legacy issues that currently plague Madden...WARPING/SUCTION.

Notice on replay that if you send a fast receiver on a streak against a slower Cornerback, there will began to be some sort of invisible forcefield keeping the players in a certain position with one another. On a lower threshold you will see the slower players getting tugged back slightly by an invisible forcefield that is allowing the faster player to show more separation, and on a higher setting you will see the slower players warp towards the faster players in order to compensate for their lack of speed.

In order to eliminate this suction and warping, i took two days to find the sweet spot on the threshold slider that would neutralize the compensation both ways, and allow for the players true speed to reflect their amount of separation.

What i find is that on a threshold of 77, the forcefield is non existent to the naked eye. No longer are slower players compensated for their slowness, nor are the faster players compensated for their speed advantage. Now this can allow for dynamic outcomes.

At 77, when the threshold decides to kick in, it has little to no obvious effect on the play. You cannot build sliders around thresholds that induce suction and warping. 77-79 speed thresholds are the only viable thresholds for true speed to play out independently. This is not an opinion but a truth i will claim and have concluded to.

I've tested this in CFM which is obviously painstaking to do considering that you have to exit the game to make one little adjustment, but i find the game to feel totally different and less buggy just from a +2 speed parity increase.

Matchups play out like they should without the magnetic interference from the threshold which would allow for a pretty good game of football to be played with adjustments to the other sliders.

Updating my slider set today so i thought it would be of service to share my breakthrough with the community so you may do with it as you so wish.

Last edited by Baller Osiris; 11-02-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: The Cure for Warping/Suction: 77 Speed Threshold

Interesting observations and findings.

I would assume that for last year's game then, since 75 is the old 50, that 52 would be the optimum setting? Do you think we can draw the same conclusion for 18? Not sure how to properly calculate what a 77 in 19 correlates to in 18...or maybe since they revamped the entire scale, there is no correlation to be made.

Nice work!

C
Old 11-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Interesting observations and findings.

I would assume that for last year's game then, since 75 is the old 50, that 52 would be the optimum setting? Do you think we can draw the same conclusion for 18? Not sure how to properly calculate what a 77 in 19 correlates to in 18...or maybe since they revamped the entire scale, there is no correlation to be made.

Nice work!

C
I can't directly answer that, but I will say that several of us gravitated towards 53 last year....so yeah, 52 could make a lot of sense for M18 (and earlier).
Old 11-02-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

I've been a 0 guy for years now but your observations have me questioning things. I'm going to test out my set with speed thresh at 77 in a couple games.

Thanks for all the hard work you put in to help the community. Excellent research.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 11-02-2018, 04:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Great research! Just need help with how to set it to 77. Just move it up to 77 from 50? Or up to 52, because 50 is the new 75? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 09:12 PM   #6
Rookie

I think you nailed it. Set it to 52, which I believe would be the new 77, played a quarter so far, haven't seen any suction or warping. Looks like the offensive player is actually being hit.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:09 AM   #7
Rookie

Game plays really nice at 52. The nagging issues are still the ridiculous cut by the backs and the QBs running backwards for huge losses.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:23 AM   #8
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

I think he means actually set it to 77. to me, i read it as 75 in M19 is 50 in M18. So 77 in M19 and 52 in M18.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »