Home

Skundy's ZeroBased All-Madden Realisim Sliders

This is a discussion on Skundy's ZeroBased All-Madden Realisim Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1
Skundy's ZeroBased All-Madden Realisim Sliders

Skundy's All Madden Realisim Sliders

07/21/19

If you are on PC I would highly recommend you download and install Sabo's Revival Mod. It completely changes the game and is a perfect compliment to this slider set.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-football.html

These sliders can be found under Rebel_of_Torn if you are on PC.

Realism in Madden can never be fully achieved but you can come close while staying within the boundaries of the stats that the CPU teams will produce in your CFM.

Adjust to your own needs and play style. No two madden players play the same. Be honest with your self assessment of your play and adjust accordingly. I personally like adjustments in increments of 5.

No house rules other than no restarts. I don't know of or use "money plays". I user switch and user catch/tackle and call my own plays from my own playbook.

All-Madden
Gameplay Style: Simulation
All Assists: OFF
All Visual Assists: OFF
Game Speed: Normal
Qtr Length: 11 min
Accel Clock: 18s
Speed Thresh: 5
Injury: 24
Fatigue: 52

USER/CPU
QB Acc: 35/25
Pass Blck: 60/0
WR Ctch: 50/40
Run Blck: 35/25
Fumbles: 25/10
ReacTime: 25/25
Pass Cov: 75/0
Int: 25/25
Tackling: 75/15

Special Teams (These came from one of Matt10's initial sets, I liked the play and feel of them. Thanks Matt10, as always you do great work, been a fan of yours since NCAA 08 or somewhere around there.) https://forums.operationsports.com/f...9-sliders.html

FG Power 53
FG Acc 48
Punt Pow 48
Punt Acc 52
Kickoff Pow 48

Penalties from Flazco with some slight adjustments. Thank you for the great work Flazco.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ll-madden.html

MM= Main Menu
Offside: 60 in MM / 60 in CFM
False Start: 60 in MM / 60 in CFM
Offensive Holding: 60 in MM / 59 in CFM
Defensive Holding: 65 in MM / 64 in CFM
Facemask: 55 in MM / 50 in CFM
Illegal Block In The Back: 50 in MM / 51 in CFM
Roughing The Passer: 50 in MM / 50 in CFM
Defensive Pass Interference: 65 in MM / 64 in CFM
Offensive Pass Interference: On
Kick Catch Interference: On
Intentional Grounding: On
Roughing The Kicker: On
Running Into The Kicker: On

Auto Subs (Thanks again Flazco) https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ll-madden.html

Out / In
QB: 0/1
RB: 86/90
WR: 85/87
FB/TE: 20/25
OL: 0/1

DT: 95/97
DE: 95/97
LB: 92/95
CB: 60/70
S: 40/45

XP Sliders- I highly recommend TDawg's Madden 19 XP Sliders. They are a game changer if you plan on doing a long running CFM. Thanks for the great work. You were one of the reasons NCAA 14 was so great.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...p-sliders.html

The sliders can be found on PC/Origin under my gamertag: Rebel_of_Torn (remember penalties and other settings will not d/l, only the gameplay sliders will, you will have to enter the other settings manually)

Have fun and please leave feedback.

This is one of the neatest plays I have seen. Great pocket presence by the CPU QB and great coverage by my DB.

Mismatches can be taken advantage of.......wish he held onto that one for sure.

1v1 tackles aren't guaranteed. I see a lot of gang tackles.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 07-21-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2018, 03:01 PM   #2
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Re: Skundy's ZeroBased All-Madden Realisim Sliders

My personal setup is exactly as posted. I will be posting some stats later this evening. Me and a friend of mine are in the last week of our franchise with these sliders so it will be interesting to see the season stats because we play every play,every game.

It should provide plenty of insight. May have to either up qtr length or decrease accel clock runoff to give time for just a few more plays.

I am a franchise player so obviously these sliders are geared toward franchise play. Yes I wanted to create a certain level of realism but I also wanted user stats to be inline with cpu stats in franchise mode. Cpu stats in franchise mode don't always match the NFL. I tried to find a good balance of both.

I was seeing way too many picks on both sides of the ball. If these defenders can catch like they do on default they would be playing offense. So I toned down both user and cpu INT. I would like to see user INT set higher but cpu QB's don't throw as many INT when simming games in CFM for some reason, so I knocked it down a bit so users won't be guaranteed to lead the league in INT.

I also noticed the CPU never fumbled and the user rarely did. So I increased the chance for both to do so. I've had some game changing late game fumbles both offensively and defensively that I never saw before.

I've been a fan of zero based sliders for years. Probably back to 2012, I like to think they let the ratings play. Speed Thresh set at 0 I like because I want those fast players to be fast. I've noticed more slider sets have this set to 50+ but I haven't noticed any game breaking at 0 except don't expect your LB to chase down John Ross lol. Whom I have on my franchise team along with Lamar Jackson and neither is anywhere even close to over powered due to their speed. I run a pro/spread hybrid system that feeds off of speed but my offense was not great this season.

Combine that with properly adjusted penalty sliders and you can get some great game play. Most people don't realize that penalty sliders have a bigger effect on game play than the actual game play sliders. They have for years. There was an excellent post on here some years ago where a guy went deep into penalties.

I also read a post by a user for Madden 19 where he studied franchises a few years down the road. He found that INT dropped off significantly. Also linemen drop off in talent to the point that a mid 70's lineman is best in the league in OVR.

In my own personal franchise I bumped all OFF lineman XP to 125. Still testing this to see how it works out. Sorry for the lengthy reply.

Game on,
Rebel_of_Torn aka SkUnDy

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 10-25-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:03 PM   #3
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Reserved for edits.

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 10-25-2018, 03:08 PM   #4
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Some of you guys may remember me from my work on NCAA 14 sliders. I had two sets Skundy's Saturday Night Fever and Skundy's Real Deal Gridiron. The last work I did on sliders for Madden was for Madden 12. Its been awhile but I've been playing Madden since Madden 90 on SuperNes and Sega Genesis, my love for not only the game of football but the Madden Franchise runs deep.

Console crashed so I've been playing Madden 08 since 2014 and have been patiently waiting for the return to PC. Up until this release of Madden I thought I had 08 tweaked to perfection to be the best playing football game I've ever played.

Madden 19 proved me wrong. Now that I have got it to a point that its fun and challenging at the same time I am having a blast playing Madden again. I've been tweaking since release and just now feel comfortable releasing a set.

Please leave feedback or post stats.

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 10-25-2018 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:55 AM   #5
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Nice to see a zero threshold slider set instead of just default or around default. Will give these a go. Stats look in line for the Qtr length.Thanks!

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 10-26-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2018, 01:05 PM   #6
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Nice to see a zero threshold slider set instead of just default or around default. Will give these a go. Stats look in line for the Qtr length.Thanks!

Let me know how they play for you. My friend and I that just finished our first season with these sliders, really enjoyed them. He was my main source of critique and feedback so I'm looking forward to hearing from more people that try the set. Also on the game stats, I lost my internet connection in both of those games and it showed all points were scored in the 4th qtr but obviously they weren't so that's why I don't have any of the scores per quarter. I checked the other games from my schedule and they are fine.

Will be posting the season stats at some point today. Overall I think they played well enough to be competitive stats wise and inline with the cpu sim stats. I think biggest concern is Plays run Per game. I will either increase QTR Length to 13min and increase accel clock to 16 or leave QTR length at 12 min and decrase accel clock to 18. Whichever one gives a few more plays but not too many. If you go too long or run too many plays it makes it near impossible to hold your opponent to under 250 yds offense, which is hard enough to do as is and I seem to have this goal every week almost. I think I hit the goal once or twice during the season and thats it.

Going back and looking at the user games from the season we just completed. There was an average of 40-55 plays run per team which is close to NFL numbers. In this past week 7 (real NFL) teams average between 50-60 plays per game with a few exceptions. The Bucs ran 84 bc of OT, the Chiefs ran about 70, somebody was down in the mid 40's but most were 50-60 plays per game.

I did discover something yesterday though. In CFM, if you sim games where both teams are under cpu control, you will get very scripted results. I discovered this while testing Madden out as a sports betting simulation tool.

I first simmed with all teams under cpu control except the one user team that has to be claimed, I chose a random team. With current rosters and Preexisting injuries on, injuries off, trades off, upgrades set to end of season so there wouldn't be any changes and the teams would be as they are in real life.

I simmed to week 7 and saved. I then began simming week 7, sim/record/reload. What I noticed was that games under cpu control had the same results every time I simmed, even the score and stats would be the same. Really put a monkey wrench in my plans, bc I was simming 25x to get probability numbers for betting.

I changed a few of them teams over to user control and bam, variations in W/L results and scores/stats. So I restarted the process over and placed all teams under user control.

I was shocked at the results, no more were the games results scripted. Each reload and resim was giving me different results, exactly as I wanted. For week 7 Madden was 10 of 14. Not bad, I will be testing week 8 this weekend. Will share the results.

I'm wondering though what kind of effect this has on our CFM, why does a team being under CPU or USER control have any effect on simming? Can we get better sim results if we place the teams under user control? That is what I will be testing today. I want us to be able to get the best CFM experience we can.

Sorry for the long reply my friend. Its amazing how deep you can go into this game. I look forward to hearing from you on how the sliders played.

SkUnDy aka Rebel_of_Torn

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 10-26-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #7
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

That definitely is an interesting find regarding simming in CFM. I play offline CFM and control all 32 teams to an extent, so I probably would never noticed. I look foward to more of your findings on this. With the release of Red Dead 2 today, I know my Madden time will be cut in half, but I will play some this weekend.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #8
Rookie

skundy's Arena

Heard that. I will keep you posted. I'm looking forward to Red Dead myself. Will be awhile before I get it. Let me know how it is. Loved the first one.

The Art of War- Sun Tzu

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »