Home

Player Trait Discussion

This is a discussion on Player Trait Discussion within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2021, 11:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Player Trait Discussion

I'm not sure if there is a thread specifically on this but it would be nice to get everyone's input on traits and there personal thoughts on what they do. What made me think of this is the fight for extra yards.

Penalty - I'm assuming the personality on how often will get calls but I don't notice a difference.
Throw ball away - It's a yes or no but even on yes I don't see the ball thrown away.
Sense Pressure - Does it effect other positions besides QB and if so how? Which one is the best for CPU QB or other position if indeed'ss effects?
Forced Passes - It is just a guessing game to me but conservative hold the ball to long or maybe dink and dunk, balance is just that, and ideal hit the open receiver but most likely dink and dunk.
Fight for extra yards - I was thinking this was a given and everyone fight for extra yards except QB and would be off so would slide but I think they slide regardless and maybe if on it is more stiff arm break tackle and off more juke spin animations?
Cover the ball - The only trait that seems to be self explanatory since the animation is there.
Plays ball in the air - I always thought was a defensive trait but I started assigning to some WR just because does it make a difference who knows? I do see more WR attacking the ball more but could be wrong.
Big Hitter - CPU if uses hit stick or not
Utilizes Finesse move - Is it a disabled if off or just an enhancement if on
Utilizes Power move - Same as above
High Motor - I'm guessing doesn't get tired when stamina is low if set to on?
Predictability - No Idea
QB Style - It should be self explanatory but I don't notice a difference on what ever the style is.
LB Style - Same here does it really make a difference?
Aggressive Catch - Would this be the same as play ball in the air?
Possession Catch - Not sure, when I think possession I think of catch and fall to the ground for the 1st or maybe go out of bounds?
Run after catch - Every player should do this already but a lot has it on no. Why?
Strips ball - I'm guessing animation to strip?

I'm a cpu vs cpu guy and sense pressure and forced passes is a whole other discussion when it comes to QB play.

What are your guys thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2021, 11:29 AM   #2
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0
Player Trait Discussion

Some interesting observations on the traits. I’ve never looked past the QB and O-Lineman traits. I used to think that the O-Line was tied to the QB, so I tested it out. And what I found left me wondering why all of these traits are here for each player/position in the first place. I think this is a very deep rabbit hole to get into as I found out with my experiment. I ended up leaving the O-Line traits alone and strictly focused on he QBs traits since that’s the position that needs the most help in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »