Home

Old 11-27-2018, 01:43 PM   #105
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Sabo's Gameplay Edits & Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmayes712
Hey im a little confused one what you meant by QB traits. I understand what your purpose is with them, but what are you exactly changing on the ratings? Like what do i do?
Just edit their traits in CFM using the formula I posted..

If their Awareness is 99-86 rating then change

TBall Away yes,
Pocket Presence Ideal
Force Passes Ideal
TTight Spiral yes

etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2018, 01:57 PM   #106
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Just edit their traits in CFM using the formula I posted..

If their Awareness is 99-86 rating then change

TBall Away yes,
Pocket Presence Ideal
Force Passes Ideal
TTight Spiral yes

etc
I heard that even though it was the same game engine last year,it was the first and some settings from then have different effects now. I am using throws Ball Away-Off,senses Pressure-Trigger happy,force Passes-Balanced and throws tight spirals-Off with terrific results, some of which I have never seen before. For me it is more the traits editing than just and only sliders. Your info on the playbooks is cool. Always looking to learn more. Thanx !
Old 11-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #107
Rookie

I’ve become sufficiently obsessed with this playbook idea to the point that I’ve decided to try and make them during my new CFM season.

First opponent is Kansas so I’ve taken the Chiefs playbook and trimmed it, it’s now at 16 sets and 249 plays.

Took out all the four verticals and other shot plays and added some reverses and WR screens.

Was gonna do the gameplan tonight but had a thought that maybe I should add more formations with reverses and such. It’s year three and the Chiefs WR corp is now Tyreek and two other short, mega fast receivers. I figure they should have a lot of trickery.

Sabo, off the top of your head could you tell me what formations have some nice options for some motion and reverses? Looking for plays that’ll get the ball into the WRs hands quickly essentially.

My current plan is to make a new playbook for every team I play that needs one based on their personnel. After a while I’m guessing that I’ll be able to reuse some playbooks when I come up against teams with similar offenses to ones I’ve faced before.

Last edited by Shak84; 11-28-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:59 PM   #108
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak84
Iíve become sufficiently obsessed with this playbook idea to the point that Iíve decided to try and make them during my new CFM season.

First opponent is Kansas so Iíve taken the Chiefs playbook and trimmed it, itís now at 16 sets and 249 plays.

Took out all the four verticals and other shot plays and added some reverses and WR screens.

Was gonna do the gameplan tonight but had a thought that maybe I should add more formations with reverses and such. Itís year three and the Chiefs WR corp is now Tyreek and two other short, mega fast receivers. I figure they should have a lot of trickery.

Sabo, off the top of your head could you tell me what formations have some nice options for some motion and reverses? Looking for plays thatíll get the ball into the WRs hands quickly essentially.

My current plan is to make a new playbook for every team I play that needs one based on their personnel. After a while Iím guessing that Iíll be able to reuse some playbooks when I come up against teams with similar offenses to ones Iíve faced before.
I think I have an idea on something that might help you, give me a day or so
Old 11-28-2018, 05:06 PM   #109
Rookie

Thanks, any other suggestions in general would also be much appreciated.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #110
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
From scratch? Takes me about 30-40 minutes but that is with me knowing the ins and outs of every formation/play...

Here's best way to explain it, will make sense if you have experience creating playbooks.. it reads like a lot of work but its not, just has to be broken down that way... the only thing that takes me long is assigning the stars the first time and having to pick the goalline plays, everything else is a breeze because i know what formations i want, plays to get rid of and the copy pasting is pretty easy...

In the following order

*Trim playbook down to 18 total formations (usually 10-12 shotgun, 6-8 others)

*Remove broken plays (shot plays for sure) get the book to under 250 total plays

*Go to gameplan, copy/paste hail mary to all down and distances

*Start rating all shotgun plays a half star on first down

*copy first down plays to 3rd and long

*remove all play action plays from 3rd and long, then copy paste to 3rd and medium

*remove all short passes/run plays from 3rd and long

*copy paste to 4th long/medium

*remove all screens from 4th long/medium

*go back rate all other formations half star on 1st down

*rate every run play 1.5 stars, then copy paste to 2nd men, 3rd short, 4th short and redzone

*rate all play action 1 star on 1st down, copy paste to 2nd short

*up the running plays to 3 stars on 2nd and short

*pick 1 run 1 pass per formation for goalline plays

*inside the five/run the clock just pick the same handful of plays that run the ball under center
Got my playbook sorted where I want it with lots of screens and motion, gonna try doing the gameplan stars tonight but just reading this and wondering what I do for 2nd and long? Everything else I think I have my head wrapped around.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:32 PM   #111
Rookie

So think I have my playbook looking good and all rated. That’s the good news.

Bad news is I need to get that playbook on to my other profile before I can play and that’s proving difficult. Uploaded it to the community, switched profiles and tried to download and it says the creator removed the file. Which I didn’t, obviously.

A bit of googling tells me that Madden Share is basically an absolute embarrassment... really hope I don’t have to make the entire playbook again from scratch on the other profile. That would be ****.

On the plus side it didn’t take anywhere near as long as I thought it would to make the playbooks.

Thanks for the walkthrough Sabo.

(Btw in reference to my previous post I just put every play at half a star for 2nd and long)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2018, 09:07 PM   #112
Pro

Quote:
Got my playbook sorted where I want it with lots of screens and motion, gonna try doing the gameplan stars tonight but just reading this and wondering what I do for 2nd and long? Everything else I think I have my head wrapped around.
Copy paste the 1.5 stars to 2nd and long as well

Quote:
So think I have my playbook looking good and all rated. Thatís the good news.

Bad news is I need to get that playbook on to my other profile before I can play and thatís proving difficult. Uploaded it to the community, switched profiles and tried to download and it says the creator removed the file. Which I didnít, obviously.

A bit of googling tells me that Madden Share is basically an absolute embarrassment... really hope I donít have to make the entire playbook again from scratch on the other profile. That would be ****.

On the plus side it didnít take anywhere near as long as I thought it would to make the playbooks.

Thanks for the walkthrough Sabo.

(Btw in reference to my previous post I just put every play at half a star for 2nd and long)
lol been there man, did that last year so i ended up just creating the CFM on the 2nd profile to save myself the headache lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »