Home

Old 11-30-2018, 03:42 AM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Sabo's Gameplay Edits & Sliders

Am I gonna have to remake the entire playbook then?

Frankly I’m amazed that such a basic thing as file sharing seems to be in such a bad state. It’s laughable.

Does it ever work or is it completely screwed?
Old 12-01-2018, 06:43 AM   #114
Rookie

So finally got this all working and played my first game last night.

Up against the Chiefs and Mahomes (now a 94 OVR) and man was it a different experience to my games the previous season.

My two games the previous season against Kansas I had like 12 or 13 sacks over the course of the two games. This time I got him down once the whole game. No stupid running backwards while his receivers are running stupid 4 verts, it was great to see...

Totally different game, thanks for the walkthrough Sabo!

Next up I have the Ravens with Lamar Jackson. They have an interesting offense, only 1 good WR but two 80+ TEs and a 81 OVR FB.

Very excited to see what sort of offense I can put together for them.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:56 AM   #115
Pro

OVR: 4

That's great to hear man!

My suggestion doing one for each team is a waste because were limited to how many formations we can do eventually and its all being similar to each otehr... instead go with like 6-10 ones that you can rotate in a 16 game season to give you different experience when you play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2018, 08:28 PM   #116
Rookie

Yeah that’s pretty much my plan.

The one I’ve done for the Chiefs I reckon will be reusable for quite a few teams.

It’s a passing offense but on a team with a star RB. Tried to include plenty of pass plays where the RB (Hunt) was the primary receiver so he’d have plenty of catches out of the backfield and he did. My 3rd game is against the Colts (who have Le’Veon) so I’ll probably use it again with them as their offense is similar in terms of stengths.

Ravens in game two definitely need a new book though. Lots of shotgun and pistol with quite heavy sets. Reckon it’ll be reusable in the future with a couple of other teams.

Also gonna need a run heavy playbook and probably a spread one too.

Reckon 6 or 7 will be enough to give every team a pretty good fit for their offense.

Couple of questions...

Is the primary receiver on a play important to the CPU QBs? Been thinking for teams that don’t have a good TE I'd make a book where the TE isn’t the first read often. Always annoying when you play the Texans and they target Hopkins three times but their nobody at TE catches 9 balls! Does the highlighted receiver matter?

Also is the star rating on the plays have anything more complex to it than just being how likely they are to use that play? Like for example on first down if I bump some of the run plays from 1.5 stars up to say 3 stars... it just makes that play more likely to be called right?

Trying to think of ways I can make teams really emphasize things like screens/read options etc. The Ravens for example I’d like them to use the read option quite a bit and really try to run at me with Lamar Jackson.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #117
Banned

Bro so I had my own sliders and it was going smooth until they had the big update so Iím going with yours and I like it any tips or thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #118
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak84
Is the primary receiver on a play important to the CPU QBs? Been thinking for teams that donít have a good TE I'd make a book where the TE isnít the first read often. Always annoying when you play the Texans and they target Hopkins three times but their nobody at TE catches 9 balls! Does the highlighted receiver matter?

Also is the star rating on the plays have anything more complex to it than just being how likely they are to use that play? Like for example on first down if I bump some of the run plays from 1.5 stars up to say 3 stars... it just makes that play more likely to be called right?
It does matter but hte problem is each play has a built in odds rating that you cant see unless you go through everyone with the PC editor.. so just because one player is highlighted doesnt mean the odds system doesnt have the TE as high as him

and yes to ur 2nd question, more stars more likely to be called

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnav
Bro so I had my own sliders and it was going smooth until they had the big update so Iím going with yours and I like it any tips or thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
If the passing game is too hard for you, then lower the amount you decrease the ratings. thats it and use the playbooks
Old 12-05-2018, 11:02 AM   #119
Rookie

So I finished my Ravens playbook and played against them last night.

Man it was great.

Bumped up all the read option plays an extra star on all potential running downs, they really came at me in the running game and ran the read option to great effect, Lamar Jackson had over 100 yards on the ground and most of it on designed runs!

Got the win in the end because once I got them to 3rd and long they couldn’t get it done through the air consistently. They had over 450 yards but only had 13 points.

Really, really loving these playbooks man, was such a different challenge to the previous game against Mahomes.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:24 PM   #120
Banned

QB Trait edits
*Awareness 99-86 - TBA yes, Ideal, Ideal, TTS yes
*Awareness 85-80 - TBA yes, Average, Balanced, TTS yes
*Awareness 79-75 - TBA yes, Trigger Happy, Conservative, TTS yes
*Awareness 74-00 - TBA yes, Paranoid, Conservative, TTS yes
*Ball Carrier Vision 76 or more- Scrambler
*Ball Carrier Vision 75 or less - Balanced

what are the trait edits? what is TBA? what is TTS? there are two ideal settings what are those settings? thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »